Sponsored

May trade my 17 SS Camaro for a 15 GT need advice

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6 speed
What's up guys, I'm new here. I currently own a 03 terminator mustang, and a 2017 camaro SS. I went with the camaro, bc at first the new body style of the mustang rubbed me wrong but it has really grown on me lately. I'm thinking about trading my 17 SS In for this 2015 GT in competition orange, with black stripes, my mustang love is burning again. I'm here though to ask what are common issues with the 2015s? Also what can you all tell me to convince me to trade for it? I'm not super educated with the newer models, but the fact the 5.0 is much cheaper and easier to mod and have big gains from than the 6.2 is a huge factor. Basically just try and convince me to trade! I'm leaning towards doing it already just need reassurance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't.
Why's that? I enjoy the camaro, but Chevy as a company as rubbed me wrong, they don't have any parts for this car other than a cold air intake and a borla touring exhaust. Literally anything aftermarket voids the warranty supposedly

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
Why's that? I enjoy the camaro, but Chevy as a company as rubbed me wrong, they don't have any parts for this car other than a cold air intake and a borla touring exhaust. Literally anything aftermarket voids the warranty supposedly
off course its 2017 daaah!:headbonk:

OP
OP

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
off course its 2017 daaah!:headbonk:
True, but the 2016s are the exact same car with the exception of the 17s having a teen driving mode. I've got the cold air intake, shortly after they installed it I had misfiring and problems with coils

Sponsored

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
True, but the 2016s are the exact same car with the exception of the 17s having a teen driving mode. I've got the cold air intake, shortly after they installed it I had misfiring and problems with coils
:headbang:THEN VOID the warranty i saw ppl do that with their 2017 :first:
or u may trade it for 2015 mustang which is btw is better looking than the newer module and the extra cash spend it on tuning

OP
OP

Terminator03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:headbang:THEN VOID the warranty i saw ppl do that with their 2017 :first:
or u may trade it for 2015 mustang which is btw is better looking than the newer module and the extra cash spend it on tuning
That's what I'm considering. I'm just worried bc I'm having coil issues with 9000 miles, voiding my warranty may be disastrous

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If it means losing money since you haven't had the SS for long I'm not sure if it would be a good move. What exactly are you interested in? In terms of power you would need bolt ons to come close to matching what the LT1 is giving you now stock. Modding the Mustang will "can" void the warranty too FYI.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Honestly after driving that pushrod motor you may not like the coyote at first. The coyote is kind of lackluster in low rpm. Not only that the camaro is a bit more nimble as well. But, as you said, if you plan on modding the thing, especially with boost, you'll be better off with the ford

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I wouldn't.
I agree. I sold my 2015 GT and went back to a C6 Vette. Had to have the whole A/C replaced and the head liner was falling down in my 15 GT, and paint was coming off the parts inside the car. Car ran strong, but nothing like my modded C6 .

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
A Coyote 5.0 is going to feel down on torque compared to the terminator's engine or the Gen V LT1.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Weird... Come to a Mustang forum to ask for reassurance about the Mustang and they are trying to talk you into keeping a Camaro. WTF?

Personally, I would go with a 2017 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
Mods on either car will void the warranty. Not to mention your going to need mods to be as fast as that stock '17 SS...

If you GOTTA have the style then that's up to you. But unless you go boosted the LT1 is superior N/A.