OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Because it's missing the seats, the angle is out of range when you do this. Because of that reason, I used the child seat anchor points and bolted in the buckle/bolt.

You'll find that when you take the delete off, none of the hardware to mount the belt/buckles in are there. I have the parts list to do it. They're self tapping bolts however, so that part is easy. Install is fairly simple.

I do plan on moving up to the Watson though. It will be a cleaner look, stiffen the chassis, and end up being a better mount for harnesses and HANS.

And let's be honest - there is no better place to mount a GoPro.
How is the angle out of range?

Just buy one stock belt connector and bolt it to the stock location. Bolt the male buckle they provide to the stock location and your done. I find it hard to believe the R is missing the holes for the stock belts at most you probably need 2 bolts.

Does the Watson stiffen the car?
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
On there website, the are shown using these belts with regular headrests. Does anyone have experience with that setup?

How easy are these to detach incase the back seats are needed? I see one side buckles into the receiver, but the other side seems bolted in. Dos that interfere with passengers in the back?
Which version are you asking ? Quickfit (Pro) which I have and use with regular headrest disconnects in seconds - one side buckles in the normal seatbelt buckle, for other one you install a bolt-on connector.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Which version are you asking ? Quickfit (Pro) which I have and use with regular headrest disconnects in seconds - one side buckles in the normal seatbelt buckle, for other one you install a bolt-on connector.

When using with a headrest, does it scrape at your neck or feel too high or too short?

It seems that seats designed for racing seat belts the slots are wider apart to give the occupant more room around the neck.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
When using with a headrest, does it scrape at your neck or feel too high or too short?

It seems that seats designed for racing seat belts the slots are wider apart to give the occupant more room around the neck.
Not at all. Only problem I have is making it fit really tight since the seat has some softness (where the belts go over it) due to leather and whatever foam is underneath it - so it requires some work, but after few times it works well.
Absolutely zero problem with fit - I actually like them a lot, and after getting used to them, it is hard to drive on track/auto-x without them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Reactions: TDC

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe these will make my x-mas list.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I spoke with the vendor yesterday. They recommended the Rally belt for install on a base R. They also sell the required hardware for the install. The belt hooks up at the factory points with no seat belt latches required.
https://www.schrothracing.com/products/rallye-belts
I'm planning the same thing. What is your timeframe? I'm in no hurry, my next track event planned will be in December. I'd be interested in your installation impressions.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yeah I already saw that. You know, I wouldn't want to take the manufacturer's word for it. ;)
Just looking for real world experiences.
I can get you some pics after this upcoming weekend since I intend on using it - if you're interested. I am 5"10" so it should give you an idea...

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can get you some pics after this upcoming weekend since I intend on using it - if you're interested. I am 5"10" so it should give you an idea...

I'm 5'10 also.

That would be nice of you

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I spoke with the vendor yesterday. They recommended the Rally belt for install on a base R. They also sell the required hardware for the install. The belt hooks up at the factory points with no seat belt latches required.
https://www.schrothracing.com/products/rallye-belts
Pretty sure NASA wont allow them. This solution is really only if you want a 4 point you can use with any org with out a harness bar, otherwise there are more options.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Ordered, I'll post pics when I install it.

[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION], was it a pain to do the install under the rear seat or not to bad?

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ordered, I'll post pics when I install it.

[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION], was it a pain to do the install under the rear seat or not to bad?
Easy took longer to figure out how to remove them.