Sponsored

Speed Cameras

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Took a trip to visit my daughter in Portland, OR. Come from a state without them so never gave it a thought but received a letter from that city a week later with a nice picture of me in my GT350 saying I was doing 41 in a 30 and would I please pay them some revenue. Why people in those states don't revolt is beyond me but that is not my intent here.:rant:
I don't want to pay $600 for a radar detector nor carry my cell phone and hook it up all the time. Does anyone know if it is possible to upload a GPS list of all red light and speed cameras directly to our navigation system and have the car give a warning when we are in range of one? Thanks.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
how much was the fine ?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You don't have to pay anything. Take it to court and utilize your rights to face your prosecutor, which you can't since your prosecutor is a machine.

That is how it works in Canada anyways, as ex-police officers have even confirmed that civilians can avoid the fines by simply knowing their rights.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Waze

Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
You don't have to pay anything. Take it to court and utilize your rights to face your prosecutor, which you can't since your prosecutor is a machine.

That is how it works in Canada anyways, as ex-police officers have even confirmed that civilians can avoid the fines by simply knowing their rights.
Or take responsibility for your actions and own up to it...pay the fine if you were speeding.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Or take responsibility for your actions and own up to it...pay the fine if you were speeding.
He didn't commit a SIN, he was trapped by money making scheme, that is trying to use public safety as a cover for greedy politics.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
He didn't commit a SIN, he was trapped by money making scheme, that is trying to use public safety as a cover for greedy politics.
Just for the sake of clarity - breaking the law of the land is a sin.

No judgement here, though. ;)

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Our local cameras were all removed and most of the cases were thrown out due to lack of proper service of court summons. The citations were issued by a private red light camera company and not issued by a peace officer as required by law. Anyone phoning the 800 number or mailing back the questionnaire, were presumed to have been adequately served notice. Filling out the questionnaire WAS in fact an admission of guilt despite assurances it wasn't. Anyone ignoring the notices got off scott free.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Just for the sake of clarity - breaking the law of the land is a sin.

No judgement here, though. ;)
I feel you stretching intentions of those words. The implied meaning is the
' Just law of the land '. rules that majority feel benefit or protect the public. So did the public decide on traffic camera, I guess if people voted for it your correct.

OP
OP

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If I decide to become as good a citizen as you, could you let me know where you got the charge-o-meter attached to your speedometer that let's you know what your running fine is when you exceed the speed limits? Also, is it better to just give them your credit card number or do you send a check every month?

Back on topic, does WAZE connect to the nav system in the car or do I have to be using my phone or looking at it? I really don't want all that goes with WAZE, just a way to be notified if speed cameras or redlight cameras are around. Generally very good at picking my time for "sinning" and watch carefully for LEOs and safety. Always figured with a radar detector I'd get lazy and by the time it went off I was toast anyway. However if that's the best way to avoid these sneaky effin things I may have to do it.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
It would be slick if there was a good integration of Waze, but doubt that's out ere yet. With Apple Car Play that might get closer. Wonder if Waze is an app we could download for Sync3?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know you said no radar detector...but it works. I run one and I drive......spiritedly....and haven't gotten dinged. I paid <$300 for it.

If I do get caught, I'll pay the fine if it's legit. But the cops/state can set "traps" I feel like I can utilize legal counter measures.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I know you said no radar detector...but it works. I run one and I drive......spiritedly....and haven't gotten dinged. I paid <$300 for it.

If I do get caught, I'll pay the fine if it's legit. But the cops/state can set "traps" I feel like I can utilize legal counter measures.

They are illegal in the state of VA
Sponsored