Sponsored

Getting in and out

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Recaros make it worse, the high bolsters on the seat backs are the problem. Going to try the sit and spin technique and see if that helps. I try to not move the seat or the seat back as I find it a real PITA to get it the way I want it. Have to investigate some kind of track/hinge marking to be able to replicate the seat position easily. Regardless of all this, I would not trade the Recaros for any other seat, they are excellent for 'spirited driving'.
Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't ever park directly next to anyone. If i'm unable to fully open my door fully, I need to squeeze out and try my hardest not to scuff the door panel with my shoes. Already have a bunch of scuff marks on the door panel in the first week I got the car new (anyone have a good way to buff these out btw?). The premium easy exit may help where it moves the seat back.

I have that prob with my C6 in my garage. It is a narrow garage so the GT and C6 door won't open all the way.
I am tall and can't help but rub my shoes on the door.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have that prob with my C6 in my garage. It is a narrow garage so the GT and C6 door won't open all the way.
I am tall and can't help but rub my shoes on the door.
Call Flavio Briatore and ask him the name of the doctor he was going to use to shorten Alexander Wurz's legs so he would fit in the car.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I am 67. So for me getting in and out is part of my daily exercise. Actually, not daily, because some days I use my bike (a different exercise. But I do cheat. I use the B pillar as a kind of hand rail to get out the car if the space is tight

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am 6', 220 and 64 years old, I fine the Mustang quite easy to get in an out of. I sit down backwards into the seat then swing my legs in. A lot of cars I have to fold my self up to keep from banging my head and a lot of them are 4dr sedans. Getting out I put my left leg out and roll out.

Sponsored

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Recaros make it worse, the high bolsters on the seat backs are the problem. Going to try the sit and spin technique and see if that helps. I try to not move the seat or the seat back as I find it a real PITA to get it the way I want it. Have to investigate some kind of track/hinge marking to be able to replicate the seat position easily. Regardless of all this, I would not trade the Recaros for any other seat, they are excellent for 'spirited driving'.
Same situation here and I'm pretty slender (5'8", 150 lbs). I think the only good way into a Recaro-equipped car without moving the seat is to NASCAR-driver your way in through the window :mullet:

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of those multi-storey parking lots. But, yes, I'll start to look into a new parking spot. Just something to get use to after parking in the same spot for 3 years - LOL

is the work parking lot large enough that if you park at the furthest point nobody else will park next to you so that the door can swing wide open?

SBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When getting out, I place a hand at the corner of the B pillar and threshold, then pivot out from there.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me I wouldn't be able to get out of the car, while in my garage...

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
6'1", 225. I go ass first and swing feet in. I drive in a very aggressive seated position with the seat close to better work the pedals, shifter, and steering wheel. Moving the seat back would help but without seat memory, I don't feel like adjusting the seat every time. My problem is big feet, size 14 and long legs trying to step into the car. My knee hits the wheel and my head hits the roof.
Getting out, feet out first then step out and up. It gets tight when in a parking lot.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Recaro's are a bit interesting - I slide the seat all the way back, then exit.

Long door, very long door.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
5'8 200 lbs and getting in isn't an issue (I'm used to small, lowered cars) but out is a bit more challenging. I often find myself kicking the steering wheel or upper dash with my left heel whenever I have to squeeze out. I could always adjust the wheel or seat but I'm afraid I'll spend a good 10 minutes trying to get it just right each time. Then again, I'm also afraid I'm going to smash a hole in the plastic dash... My gf does this in her car every time and it bugs me just watching her lol. She's 5'3 and 100 lbs, there's plenty of room.

I think you basically just have to find a way that works and get it down to a science.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm 6'3" and over 300# and I plant my right foot in the car and slide/fall my way in. Getting out is pretty easy, I just open the door, left leg out and stand up. I don't grab the b pillar as I get out because have a convertible so there is nothing solid to grab onto. I also park with plenty of room on the drivers side to allow the door to fully open. Also it helps that I have a handicap placard and I park there as they typically have more room to open your doors.

And the lambo doors, well to each his own, but not for me. Besides, lambo doors are so played out, even Lamborghini doesn't use them anymore.
Sponsored