Sponsored

Why are Guards Green's so expensive?

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP, Roush Passive Quads
As a new guy, I've been hunting for a couple of weeks now. I can nab 2016s GT's with the premium package + performance package, with usually less than 12k on the clock for under $30k. New 2017s, you can find steals and pick them up at $32k.

So why is it almost any 15-16 Guards Green GT w/premium and PP 6MT are going for above average it seems? I would hardly think it's solely because of the color ( as much as I love it )
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Try to find a Guard Green in general is hard
I had to order mine and wait 5 months. No one in the tristate had the color let alone the packages. GT Premium+PP+Interior upgrade makes for a sweet combination.

OP
OP

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed - even hunting via the keyword "Guard" instead of the color green netted some more ( and a lot listed as Guards but being Magnetic )

I suppose I'm just a little surprised that the color demands that much more of a premium over other colors ( if not frustrated - it's hard when there's a 16 Ruby Red with 1/3 the mileage and anywhere between $3-7k cheaper than a same optioned Guard )

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I purchased a 16gt/vert premium 6spd in March. It was the only one I could find in the whole country. I feel your pain as a buyer. The cool thing is there very rarely seen, and if you ever do go to sell you would probably fare better in the secondary market.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased a 16gt/vert premium 6spd in March. It was the only one I could find in the whole country. I feel your pain as a buyer. The cool thing is there very rarely seen, and if you ever do go to sell you would probably fare better in the secondary market.
That is a fair point. Hmm

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Too bad CO doesn't have the same rarity. I am a bit upside down on mine so an 18 is out of the question.

OP
OP

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad CO doesn't have the same rarity. I am a bit upside down on mine so an 18 is out of the question.
I feel like CO, RR, and GG - and maybe TY are going to be those oddly desirable colors in a decade.

Kind of like the Laguna Seca Blue on the E46 M3. They weren't rare new, but no one really wanted them - same with the Phoneix Yellow.

A decade later and they're desirable like no other.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I hope my grabber blue becomes 1 million dollars!!!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've had several people comment on my guard tang. Everybody always loves the color, but cant figure out what the exact color is. Some say gray, others say green, I've even heard black.

Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Any one know why Guard has been dropped and not even replaced by another green?

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered mine in '15 because I couldn't find it in the configuration I wanted (Base GT, Guard Metallic, PP, Recaro seats)...at that time, the color wasn't particularly hard to find but a base car, with Recaro seats was non-existant. I have since added a FR/Roush Phase 1 S/C, FR X-Pipe, FR Short-Shifter, GT350R Steering Wheel and SVE GT350 style 19" wheels with 275F & 305R Nitto tires......and only 1,800 miles. I bought the car, not as a mid-life crisis, but always loved the Bullitt movie (had a DHG '01 Bulitt) and finally in a position to afford a weekend toy set-up exactly how I want it. I don't intend to sell but nice to know that Guard Metallic might command at slight premium on re-sale.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Interested to learn that guard is more expensive than others on resale. It is my least favorite color on the S550. But color preference is a very personal thing.
Sponsored