Sponsored

MGW Race Spec VS Steeda Street Shifter

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I have the MGW and I like it a lot. Just keep in mind that reverse is "push down" instead of "lift up", and it takes considerable force. If you're OK with that, then the MGW will work for you. It took me a while, but I'm now comfortable with the "push down" method to the extent that I don't even think about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Jim, I can't imagine it's that hard to push it down for reverse, so not too worried about that. It amazes me how many good reviews on the MGW there are!

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I have the MGW and I like it a lot. Just keep in mind that reverse is "push down" instead of "lift up", and it takes considerable force. If you're OK with that, then the MGW will work for you. It took me a while, but I'm now comfortable with the "push down" method to the extent that I don't even think about it.
Does the back up camera still function like OEM?

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally decided my next mod will be a short throw shifter and I'm trying to decide which is the best for my DD GT.
Things I don't like about stock are the grindy feeling when trying to get into 1st or even 5th sometimes at higher RPM's, and then of course the 3rd gear lockout. Having a shorter throw would be nice too of course.
The shop I'm talking to will charge $200 to install either and $30 to replace fluid with BG synchro 2.
Is the MGW directly mounted to the Trans, which causes a more grindy feeling between gears?
The Standard Race Spec is 15% throw reduction and the steeda is 30%, seems like a big difference?
The MGW is more than twice the $, worth it?
Reverse camera still works with both right?
Any input would be great.
Thanks guys!
Do me a favor and PM me the name of the shop. I will be switching out my Steeda for a MGW.
Sponsored