Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I disagree with this statement. I had mine done with Suntek over most of the car, and Xpel Stealth over the stripes, and I think it looks really nice. I forget exactly how it looked before, but I don't recall noticing a huge difference when I got it back.

That said, I had a full custom job, and it was pricey. I paid about $6000 for full car wrap. However, assuming it holds up and works as advertised over the next 5-8 years, I think it will be well worth it.

I posted some pictures a while back here. I can't tell the car is covered unless I really look for the stripes.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83225&highlight=PPF
Thank you for the link. So, your impression over time? Again my concern is the matte xpel over the stripes with the resulting ridge line. Have you had any problems? Dirt/dust, etc. If you are 100% happy, that is the route I'd like to go. May I trouble you for a close up shot of the transition from the hood to the stripes?

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I cant find anyone who has the matte over the stripes that is willing to share a closeup. Anyway.....

My plan of attack is to take the stripes off the roof, wrap it in black, and have the rest of the whole car Xpel'd with matte Xpel over the stripes on the rest of the car (sans the roof).

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Thank you for the link. So, your impression over time? Again my concern is the matte xpel over the stripes with the resulting ridge line. Have you had any problems? Dirt/dust, etc. If you are 100% happy, that is the route I'd like to go. May I trouble you for a close up shot of the transition from the hood to the stripes?

Thank you!

Sorry, didn't see your reply to the thread! I can try to post some pictures tomorrow (I am working tonight). It hasn't been that long for me, only about 3 months, but so far everything seems to be holding up fine. I think when it starts getting dirty you can sort of see the lines a little more, but not enough to bother me, and it cleans up well. I am happy with the decision personally, and think it was worth doing.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, here are some close ups, as best I could manage. Apologies, the car is a bit dirty, as it got rained on while driving home the other day, and I have been too busy with work for a wash. In reviewing the pictures, I feel the lines are more visible in the pictures than in real life, to me at least, and most of them seem less noticeable when the car is clean.
DSC_0941.JPG
DSC_0942.JPG
DSC_0943.JPG
DSC_0944.JPG
DSC_0945.JPG

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thank you [MENTION=22111]Praehotec[/MENTION] !

I just made arrangements to drop my car on August 1st. It will be out of my hands for about a week. Full Xpel minus the roof. Roof stripe delete, black gloss roof wrap. I've already ordered replacement roof stripes so that I can readily return it to factory condition should the need arise. I don't even want to take a chance down the road on pricing/availability.

I'm looking forward to getting it back and driving it. In the mean time, it will sit. The sound of rocks bouncing off my car is a bit much. I am a patient man.

In the mean time, I'll get some more odds and ends done. I think I will install a Bob's catch can today.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you @Praehotec !

I just made arrangements to drop my car on August 1st. It will be out of my hands for about a week. Full Xpel minus the roof. Roof stripe delete, black gloss roof wrap. I've already ordered replacement roof stripes so that I can readily return it to factory condition should the need arise. I don't even want to take a chance down the road on pricing/availability.

I'm looking forward to getting it back and driving it. In the mean time, it will sit. The sound of rocks bouncing off my car is a bit much. I am a patient man.

In the mean time, I'll get some more odds and ends done. I think I will install a Bob's catch can today.
It sounds like it will look great! I hope it turns out to your liking. Make sure to post up some pictures when it's done! :cheers:
Sponsored