Sponsored

Dealer is BSing me on pricing, what should i expect to pay?

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
if you can't get a minimum of $7k knocked off that price, the your negotiation skills are extremely lacking. Just walk away, and purchase from Koons.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
if you can't get a minimum of $7k knocked off that price, the your negotiation skills are extremely lacking. Just walk away, and purchase from Koons.
showed them one listed at koons for 36k with similar options but about 2k less MSRP (43k) and told them i would take it for 40k OTD in cash and the finance guy looked at me and said " go buy the one at koons then". apparently not every dealer is willing to get kicked in the dick.

called koons and they wanted 40,800 OTD if i bring a check or cash and i had to tow a beat ass car im trading for the $1000 trade bonus all the way there for that price. not exactly the deal they advertise online.

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Would the OTD be less if you financed it thru ford? Then pay off early? I know Koons usually adds on about 1k of crap but with the quote they gave you seems like more. Whats the OTD at Tasca?

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Would the OTD be less if you financed it thru ford? Then pay off early? I know Koons usually adds on about 1k of crap but with the quote they gave you seems like more. Whats the OTD at Tasca?
tasca OTD was 44,080 if i paid cash or check.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Login to consumer reports and get true car pricing.
Then get on the Ford website and register for updates AND also request all market shit you can. Put all your name and address in. This will trigger some name specific kick backs that thedealer can later find.
Also look at joining Mustang club to get xplan pricing.
Paid 29,5 for base, 31,9 otd back in Sept 2015- truecar beat xplan....
Almost bought a Premium PP for 37,8 about then as well.
$45k for a GT that is not boosted w Whipple or Roush is nuts.
Uh, might as well get a GT350 for that and another 10k.

2017 GT base should be going for 29-30 soon.
2015 properly modded SC or TT with supporting durability engine mids like CG, TG, ATI are going for 30-45.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With Fords there are always "that dealer" that deals in volume. Find the dealer outside of the city that has a huge inventory.

I remember at one of my previous duty stations a dealer advertised $50 over invoice pricing.

There are plenty of mustang dealers out there and a GT is not a specialty car, so go somewhere else and ever order it if you have to. Hell, go to another dealer and spec one out just like that one and negotiate the deal you want. The Dealer may even do a dealer trade for it.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
log on to ford search inventory, then email offers, skip visiting dealers.

OP
OP

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
ended up finding a different car thats actually closest to what i initially planned to get before my impulses got the best of me lol. its a grabber blue base auto with black accent package and 3.55s they gave me x plan, $2000 rebate and another $1000 for trade incentive for a non running 95 mustang v6 i got free from a co worker. it just under 32k before TTL.

im sure i could find a better deal 500+ miles away or in a few months from now but grabber blue autos arent exactly piling up in dealer lots so im just going to bite the bullet.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
ended up finding a different car thats actually closest to what i initially planned to get before my impulses got the best of me lol. its a grabber blue base auto with black accent package and 3.55s they gave me x plan, $2000 rebate and another $1000 for trade incentive for a non running 95 mustang v6 i got free from a co worker. it just under 32k before TTL.

im sure i could find a better deal 500+ miles away or in a few months from now but grabber blue autos arent exactly piling up in dealer lots so im just going to bite the bullet.
So how much is that off MSRP?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You're in Connecticut, just make the drive down to one of the Koons in the Baltimore/DC area.

I got a leftover '16 with an MSRP of around 37k for 29k (plus TTL). This was last summer, so I imagine the deals to be had this summer with the 18s coming shortly are even better.

I wouldn't pay a dime over 37k for that car and there are plenty of dealers around who would sell it to you for that, just have to look.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
yea i dont want half those options but its the only auto car they have in stock and it happens to be the color i want. if i could still order a 17 with the options i want i would probably do that but unfortunately i would have to order an 18 and ill pass there lol. there are 2 less optioned cars in that color that he could have transfered ill probably see what i can do with those.

All you need to tell them is hey I want this color with these packages for this price. Nothing more nothing less package wise, unless its more packages for your initial price. Thats what I did. I bought my car from my local dealer but the car I came off the lot with came from 100 miles away. My PP premium ecoboost was 29K before taxes In the end, the dealer wants to sell you a car, they dont care about nickle and dimeing you. Thats how they get their perks from corporate. If its that much of a hastle, find another dealer. Its your car, you have the power, dont settle for anything less

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Best deal I ever was offered on a 2017 was at Koons as well.
Sponsored