From BMW to FORD!!!

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I really like the silver wheels! What did you use to paint them?
I was never a fan of dark wheels, on any of my cars. I had them powder coated by a local shop. Had to do it the second day that I had the car. I feel that it is difficult to see the design of the wheels, when they are really dark. But that's just my opinion. There has to be a reason that most manufacturers release their cars with dark wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Congratulations! The painted wheels look great.

I am another long time BMW owner who has tracked many different M3's over the years. While I still love my E36 M3, the GT350 gets right what BMW is getting wrong today. I actually love to see both cars in the garage, the best of both worlds.

Funny thing, I never get any looks in my R. Once someone rolled down their window and said 'cool car' but besides that, no attention even at the gas station. I guess I live in the wrong neighborhood. :shrug:
Out of all the "nice" bmw's that I had, I believe I get the most attention with this car. There really are not a lot of Shelby Gt350 around in the New York area (at least from what I see), so the car attracts a lot of attention. On the other hand, every block has a BMW m3, m4, m5, m6 or x5m parked on it, so those cars really do not stand out.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Congratulations! The painted wheels look great.

I am another long time BMW owner who has tracked many different M3's over the years. While I still love my E36 M3, the GT350 gets right what BMW is getting wrong today. I actually love to see both cars in the garage, the best of both worlds.

Funny thing, I never get any looks in my R. Once someone rolled down their window and said 'cool car' but besides that, no attention even at the gas station. I guess I live in the wrong neighborhood. :shrug:
You must have the wrong color or something. My 350 snaps necks regularly.

OP, nice finish on the rims. Looks great.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Welcome to the club. Absolutely love mine and am constantly getting comments on the car and thumbs up.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I was never a fan of dark wheels, on any of my cars. I had them powder coated by a local shop. Had to do it the second day that I had the car. I feel that it is difficult to see the design of the wheels, when they are really dark. But that's just my opinion. There has to be a reason that most manufacturers release their cars with dark wheels.
Well, I guess I'm not the only one who does not like the all black wheels.
IMG_3609.JPG

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
great upgrades! Looking forward to seeing this develop

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Welcome. I think your mods look great!

Planning to track that beast??

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Welcome, I also come from the BMW world and still drive (and love) my E90 M3. It's funny, the M3 gets more comments from the general public, but those who know cars will really give the GT350R a lot of attention/thumbs ups etc, even though it may be less frequent.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Great move on the silver wheels. Whoever at Ford decided black wheels look good should be fired immediately.

Sponsored

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Beautiful car I love silver wheels on dark colored cars. Black wheels are overdone even though they look great. Another long time BMW onwer here. Down to one right now. The Mustang is amazing, but every week or two, I still need to drive the aging E36. i think the key to happiness is having the best of both worlds.:D

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Beautiful car I love silver wheels on dark colored cars. Black wheels are overdone even though they look great. Another long time BMW onwer here. Down to one right now. The Mustang is amazing, but every week or two, I still need to drive the aging E36. i think the key to happiness is having the best of both worlds.:D
I didn't come from BMW to the Shelby but rather from Porsche and could not agree more. My previous 993 and 964 were a bit crude and industrial but a blast to drive. Couldn't keep both, needed to sell to fund the Shelby and though missed would not give up my GT350.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
congrats! That's the dealer i bought my car at. I wondered where one of the two black with white stripe 350's went!

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats. :ford:

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Welcome. I think your mods look great!

Planning to track that beast??
I do want to take advantage of the track time that is offered by Ford, when you purchase this vehicle. I did do the M Performance driving school this year, in South Carolina and it was amazing to push the cars to the limit. Not sure if I want to take my car on the track though. I like to baby my cars and make sure that everything works perfectly. I might change my mind once I go to the track and drive Ford's Shelby's on the track.
Sponsored