Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm running the 18" standard wheels so I got away with it. I think all the other wheels Ford offered requires grinding down/cutting the studs.
Hmmm, I have the 18in foundry wheels. Wonder if they will fit...
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Look at the back side of your wheel. If there is a pocket between the lugs about 4-5mm deep you can do it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My PP wheels on the EB have pockets on the back of the wheel between the holes for the lugs but they aren't deep enough to use 20mm spacers. I don't recall the exact measurement but I do think it was about 4-5mm deep. With the measurements I took, the lugs would only be about 2mm too long but that would be bad.

If you think about it the math works out too. Where did the idea of 23mm spacers come from, such an odd number? If you take the 20mm add the 2mm that the lug was too long and add 1mm for clearance you have 23mm for minimum size.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have read here that a few guys used a very large drill bit and made those pockets a little deeper.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
I was in the Motorsport Tech group buy last year. 23mm rear 25mm up front. I think they turned out great. No vibration, smooth as glass.

I torqued the spacers to the hub at 120lb, and the wheel to spacer at 120lb. Just watch for rock chips. I put mud flaps on hoping to deflect the rocks, but I ended up putting 3M Guards on my rear quarter panels. Here is the thread from back then, some good info in there.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38710&page=32

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I run 1" spacers all around with BMR SP080 springs and PP alignment specs. My stock wheels are 19x8.5 ET42.5 so with sapcers it will bring me down to ET17. My fear was that rear tires would stick out but it came out just perfect. There is still enough space for car to squat on hard accelaration or turning without rubbing.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Got my 25mm spacers yesterdays and they're heavier than I figured they'd be considering they're billet aluminum. Won't be putting them on though until the weather warms up a bit though ...

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I was in the Motorsport Tech group buy last year. 23mm rear 25mm up front. I think they turned out great. No vibration, smooth as glass.

I torqued the spacers to the hub at 120lb, and the wheel to spacer at 150lb. Just watch for rock chips. I put mud flaps on hoping to deflect the rocks, but I ended up putting 3M Guards on my rear quarter panels. Here is the thread from back then, some good info in there.
Holy crap! Your spacers are spec'd for 150lb ft? Which ones did you get? The Coyote spacers are only spec'd for about 95 lb ft. They must be good spacers. If I keep using spacers during the winter months, maybe I'll get a set of those.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Got my 25mm spacers yesterdays and they're heavier than I figured they'd be considering they're billet aluminum. Won't be putting them on though until the weather warms up a bit though ...
Don't forget the "Before and After" pics...:thumbsup:

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap! Your spacers are spec'd for 150lb ft?
Bear with it's been while since I did this project. Initially I thought I did 120 all the way around. I tried to find info from back then but couldn't verify that. I looked back in that thread for the torgue specs and 150 was mentioned on the spacers. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I used different specs. I am pretty I sure I did 120 on hubs and the spacers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I run 1" spacers all around with BMR SP080 springs and PP alignment specs. My stock wheels are 19x8.5 ET42.5 so with sapcers it will bring me down to ET17. My fear was that rear tires would stick out but it came out just perfect. There is still enough space for car to squat on hard accelaration or turning without rubbing.
I see in your sig you have an "H" pipe installed. Any other exhaust mods? I have been considering an H pipe only, no other exhaust mods. I just want a tad louder. How's yours?

I know. I jacked the thread. But I started this thread, so I can do it.....:headbang:

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep an eye on the rock chips from the front wheels if you do install spacers. The rear quarter flare will get pelted with road debris. Now I know why Ford sunk those wheels in so far.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I see in your sig you have an "H" pipe installed. Any other exhaust mods? I have been considering an H pipe only, no other exhaust mods. I just want a tad louder. How's yours?

I know. I jacked the thread. But I started this thread, so I can do it.....:headbang:

No other exhaust mods right now. I do have long tubes laying in garage waiting for install. H-pipe will give you just a bit more volume without any drone. I say go for it:thumbsup:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Bear with it's been while since I did this project. Initially I thought I did 120 all the way around. I tried to find info from back then but couldn't verify that. I looked back in that thread for the torgue specs and 150 was mentioned on the spacers. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I used different specs. I am pretty I sure I did 120 on hubs and the spacers.
Which spacers did you get, even 120 is quite a bit better than the Coyotes are spec'd at. Do you know what the torque spec is on your spacers? Over-torquing the spacers is bad. They typically can't take the torque the hub/lugs can take and it's very easy to strip them.

Torquing the spacer to the lug you can go up to For's spec for the wheel although a lot of people don't like to torque the little low profile lug nuts down to 150. But torquing the wheel to the spacer you should follow the specs from the spacer provider and the Coyotes are only around 95 Lb Ft. That's why I was asking which spacers you use, it sounds like they are better quality.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which spacers did you get, even 120 is quite a bit better than the Coyotes are spec'd at. Do you know what the torque spec is on your spacers? Over-torquing the spacers is bad. They typically can't take the torque the hub/lugs can take and it's very easy to strip them.

Torquing the spacer to the lug you can go up to For's spec for the wheel although a lot of people don't like to torque the little low profile lug nuts down to 150. But torquing the wheel to the spacer you should follow the specs from the spacer provider and the Coyotes are only around 95 Lb Ft. That's why I was asking which spacers you use, it sounds like they are better quality.
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_spacers.html

I am pretty sure at the time, the consensus for those spacers was 120lbs.

Yep, look at post #498 in this thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38710&page=34

"@Midnight_LMR When I talked to Lenny on the phone he told me the spacer will handle factory torque but he felt it was high and recommended 120 for both or 120 spacers, factory for wheels. I went 120ish for spacer's with blue loctite and 140ish for wheels."

I went 120 all the way around.
Sponsored