Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I want to get mine tuned, and when I do it will be in shop at Palm Beach Dyno, however I am hesitant with this being such a new engine and not much experience tuning, can't afford to replace it if it blows up outside of warranty.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm still hoping for the track key to arrive - although I'm very doubtful it will be here in 2016 as advertised.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm still hoping for the track key to arrive - although I'm very doubtful it will be here in 2016 as advertised.
Saw in another thread that the track key is all but down - Epiphany was was letting us know.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
What power did you make? Can you post a dyno:)

On a email tune do they offer some guarantee you car doesn't blow up?
Here is the dyno sheet for our 93 tune. This was on a bone stock car. While not the specific car you were asking about, it is what we use for an official reference for our results.

As for performance tuning, it is a use at your own risk product that does not include a warranty, but we view this as a positive. Being we have been in this industry for a long time, we know that offering only quality reliable results ensures our future. This is why when you do look up our tuning, products, services, and anything else you find such positive results. We take great care in ensuring what we produce is indeed safe, and that if there ever were a failure, we would be able to say in full confidence it was not tuning related. Part of this is that we only do our tuning development in house, on our own dynos, and on the street in person. This ensures we can control all aspects of testing, and observe all of the direct impact unfiltered. Also, being an OEM supplier, we understand how things can impact long term durability to a different degree than most. Plus, this ensures customers make decisions based on those track results, and not just because there is no risk in it. The risk ensures people make educated, informed decisions on what they are doing to their cars.
93 Baseline vs 93 Performance Tune.jpg

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, you picked up over 50lbs torque and 30hp just by doing a 93 octane tune?

What would happen if a fella did that tune but could only find 91 octane?

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
So, you picked up over 50lbs torque and 30hp just by doing a 93 octane tune?

What would happen if a fella did that tune but could only find 91 octane?
The gains are very similar on 91 octane, somewhere around 2-3hp less on the gain side, but it would baseline lower on 91 than this 93 equipped car, and it would end up less than the 93, but the gains would be almost unchanged. We could even supply both our 91, and 93 octane tunes in case you ever needed to switch.

Bingo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350R, '16 GT350 TRP, '18 GT PP2, '03 Cobra
What power did you make? Can you post a dyno:)

On a email tune do they offer some guarantee you car doesn't blow up?
I am moving at the moment, but will post when I get a chance.

Stock car - 456/354
Stock 93 tune from Livernois (stock CAI) - 484/408 (close to Livernois results) - Edited for Livernois results
Revised 93 tune from Livernois (stock CAI, 96 Octane Mixture) - 491/417

Honestly, after speaking with my tuner, switching to an aftermarket CAI only gained another 1~3HP, so I am sticking with the stock CAI.

As for a guarantee that the car does not blow up, even Ford does not warrant that in whole. :D All I can say, is the A/F ratio is spot on throughout the curve and the car's idle and throttle response is much better than stock. I have six track events on it now and absolutely no issues.

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Here is the dyno sheet for our 93 tune. This was on a bone stock car. While not the specific car you were asking about, it is what we use for an official reference for our results.

As for performance tuning, it is a use at your own risk product that does not include a warranty, but we view this as a positive. Being we have been in this industry for a long time, we know that offering only quality reliable results ensures our future. This is why when you do look up our tuning, products, services, and anything else you find such positive results. We take great care in ensuring what we produce is indeed safe, and that if there ever were a failure, we would be able to say in full confidence it was not tuning related. Part of this is that we only do our tuning development in house, on our own dynos, and on the street in person. This ensures we can control all aspects of testing, and observe all of the direct impact unfiltered. Also, being an OEM supplier, we understand how things can impact long term durability to a different degree than most. Plus, this ensures customers make decisions based on those track results, and not just because there is no risk in it. The risk ensures people make educated, informed decisions on what they are doing to their cars.
Can that dip at 3400 be smoothed out I find it very noticeable during casual driving

Ok just curious. Some tuners actually do warranty the engines of cars with tunes obviously they are priced accordingly.

I am moving at the moment, but will post when I get a chance.

Stock car - 456/354
Stock 93 tune from Lund (stock CAI) - 484/408 (close to Lund's results)
Revised 93 tune from Lund (stock CAI, 96 Octane Mixture) - 491/417

Honestly, after speaking with my tuner, switching to an aftermarket CAI might just bring another 1~3HP, so I am sticking with the stock CAI.

As for a guarantee that the car does not blow up, even Ford does not warrant that in whole. :D All I can say, is the A/F ratio is spot on throughout the curve and the car's idle and throttle response is much better than stock. I have six track events on it now and absolutely no issues.
Thanks did you notice a change in you gas mileage? I noticed the car its pretty rich most of the time

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Can that dip at 3400 be smoothed out I find it very noticeable during casual driving
Unfortunately, this is a design characteristic of the engine as a whole, it cannot be removed, only reduced slightly as seen in the graph.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The gains are very similar on 91 octane, somewhere around 2-3hp less on the gain side, but it would baseline lower on 91 than this 93 equipped car, and it would end up less than the 93, but the gains would be almost unchanged. We could even supply both our 91, and 93 octane tunes in case you ever needed to switch.
Much appreciated.

I'll be shooting you a note here in the next few weeks to find out how this whole process works.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Much appreciated.

I'll be shooting you a note here in the next few weeks to find out how this whole process works.
No problem, just let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Seems to be right there with AED tune! In your website description for the mycalibrator it states "Shelby GT350 with the 5.2 with gains of up to 53hp and 63 more ft lbs of torque!" What are the details of that statement and also do you have 100 octane or e85 numbers?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be right there with AED tune! In your website description for the mycalibrator it states "Shelby GT350 with the 5.2 with gains of up to 53hp and 63 more ft lbs of torque!" What are the details of that statement and also do you have 100 octane or e85 numbers?
These are the peak gains in the run. While peak vs peak is the most common numbers people talk about, the real story is in peak gains. Essentially, that there are spots in the graph where the gains are far more impressive and helpful in the performance of the car than just 1 RPM point.

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the peak gains in the run. While peak vs peak is the most common numbers people talk about, the real story is in peak gains. Essentially, that there are spots in the graph where the gains are far more impressive and helpful in the performance of the car than just 1 RPM point.
Right on. I have looked at several different dyno graphs and haven't seen a 50hp increase carried across 1k rpm range on any of them or at any single point with just a tune on a stock car. Impressive!! Any e85 or 100 octane numbers?

Last edited:

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that's a negative??
Sponsored