Sponsored

Any GT 350 non R owners do a resonator delete and regret it?

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm really happy how mine sounds stock, but that's what I'm kinda looking to know. Does it make that big of a difference in normal mode?, and how bad is it in sport mode with them gone? I started with the Xpipe on my GT and it made a little difference in volume but a good difference not obnoxious like when I added my Roush axle backs. I want a good clean sound, not obnoxious on my 350.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
no difference in normal mode, its louder in sport mode.

The real title should be

"Are any R owners dissatisfied with the factory exhaust"

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm really happy how mine sounds stock, but that's what I'm kinda looking to know. Does it make that big of a difference in normal mode?, and how bad is it in sport mode with them gone? I started with the Xpipe on my GT and it made a little difference in volume but a good difference not obnoxious like when I added my Roush axle backs. I want a good clean sound, not obnoxious on my 350.
Best thing to do is find a GT350 with res delete local to you, and see if they can't give you a taste.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Where are the resonators in relation to the rest of the components? In an emission controlled state would this cause any problems during checks through the OBDII port?

MARFOR

2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
Where are the resonators in relation to the rest of the components? In an emission controlled state would this cause any problems during checks through the OBDII port?
BLUF: It will have little to no affect on performance or emissions.
The resonator is considered part of the back pipe, so all the sensors that measure emissions come before it, usually one on the manifold and one just past catalytic converter. It affects sound and helps smooth out drone while driving at set speeds.
However, cops can pull you over and cite you for having an exhaust that's too loud. :paddle:

Hope this helps, happy motoring.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Removing the resonators essentially leaves you with the factory R exhaust, which is known to be loud, so you could be ticketed just the same in a stock R.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
How much louder then the non R. I think in loud mode the non R can get you a ticket

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
However, cops can pull you over and cite you for having an exhaust that's too loud. :paddle:

Hope this helps, happy motoring.
I'll guarantee you if a cop pulls me over it won't be for an overly loud exhaust :D

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Ok...now here's a question for you all. Has anyone figured out how to go into the computer and change the default exhaust setting to sport? That is what I want to know.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Ok...now here's a question for you all. Has anyone figured out how to go into the computer and change the default exhaust setting to sport? That is what I want to know.

Check the Forscan sticky but I don't think anyone found that setting, yet.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There likely is no setting for that.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
As titled I'm wanting to delete my resonators. I just don't want to hack up my exhaust and not like it. The car sounds great now, but,,,,,?
I'm coming from a 15 GT with the Xpipe and Roush axle back, that was loud.
Did you end up deleting the resonators? I'm having the same debate with the GT350. Had the 15 GTS550 with the FP x pipe and Rousch AB and hated it. Any updates?

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I just can't do it. I have a 15 GT/PP also and it's just too loud. I really enjoy my 350 as is so I just can't do it until I hear one in person.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i had a 15 gt with the roush axle back and it was annoyingly loud..changed to bbk catless longtubes and mbrp race exhaust and it was quieter than the roush and sounded much better...i know its different but i dont think the roush is a good barometer

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
How much louder then the non R. I think in loud mode the non R can get you a ticket
I thought about doing this too. Have rethought it as now that I have the car and know exactly how loud it is there is no way I want it any louder for street use. I saw a YouTube video where the differences were measured and in sport mode it was 11db louder, that is a crap load more when it is loud already. I am not saying it should not be done and by no means think its a bad idea only that it is not going to be for everyone. I'd would appreciate what the results are, just not wanting to increase volume over resonated sport mode for what is for me a daily driver..
Sponsored