Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] I found on eBay this USB adapter that works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules, without the need of an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-US...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

It's of great quality and very easy to use. You will probably find the exact same adapter from other suppliers on eBay as well.

Last edited:

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
[MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] I found on eBay this USB adapter that works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules, without the need of an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2
http://r.ebay.com/RvUL6k

It's of great quality and very easy to use. You will probably find the exact same adapter from other suppliers on eBay as well.
It is crappy. I bought it already and is not working properly

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanassis, it works perfectly for me! Actually I use this all the time for all FORScan changes that I 've made so far without a single problem. I know of several people in the forums that use this or a similar one and I can tell you for sure that it's a great alternative to an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter :shrug:

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanassis, it works perfectly for me! Actually I use this all the time for all FORScan changes that I 've made so far without a single problem. I know of several people in the forums that use this or a similar one and I can tell you for sure that it's a great alternative to an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter :shrug:
I got the wifi one and is not working properly. :mad:
It is the 2.1 version. Maybe yours, while is the usb one, is the real elm

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Check the eBay link above. I contacted the seller before buying it and I even discussed with a couple of M6G member to make sure that it is 100% compatible with FORScan. It works fine, no issues so far.

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Check the eBay link above. I contacted the seller before buying it and I even discussed with a couple of M6G member to make sure that it is 100% compatible with FORScan. It works fine, no issues so far.
(I realized who you are after your first reply :lol:)
Just think, that many years ago, I got one elm327, that was never used. The cost of it was not more 5 bucks. I got it for someone to use it on Peugeot car. But was not working on Peugeot cars.
On 2011-2012 I modified that cable to make it work on my friend's Focus 2011 and is working fine as you say on mustang also.
I got more than 4 adapters to make the same thing but is a little bit difficult to find the original elm327

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
:cheers:

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone figured out how to have your car startup in Sport mode rather than normal and having to toggle every time?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has anyone figured out how to have your car startup in Sport mode rather than normal and having to toggle every time?
Who cares? When my chauffeur complained about that, I told him there are plenty of other drivers just waiting to replace him.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Found it like 2 weeks ago. Asked our Swiss friend for help but he just doesn't care - in fact he's now charging money for FREE ideas - typical for Swiss people...

Auto lamps delay:

726-14-02 **xx xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay1 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xx** xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay2 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx **xx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay3 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx xx** xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay4 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx xxxx **xx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay5 (seconds converted to hex)

726-21-01 **xx xxxx xxxx FeatLst to BCM Auto Lamps Delay Initial Value

I spent hours with ForScan and I was able to find few interesting options. For example my friend bought OP7 sequential indicators for his EU S550 and once he wired new LED DRL's in a old bulb circuit they would just shut off after starting the engine. Good you can switch the BCM DRL output frequency.
So guys, to see if I understand it correctly, the Auto Lamps Delay is how long it takes before the headlamps are turned on when you enter a dark place such as a tunnel or a garage, right?

I want to do exactly what John describes, I need the headlights to go on instantaneously when I enter a tunnel or my garage, so do I have to put 01 everywhere like this:

726-14-02 0101 0101 01XX
726-21-01 01XX XXXX XXXX

Right now I also have 14 everywhere.
Well, can anyone get back to me on that? I am a bit confused... What is Delay1, Delay2, Delay3, etc?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John, I appreciate it :cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's what I will probably do as well. However if, for example, we do something like

726-14-02 0105 1015 20xx
726-21-01 01xx xxxx xxxx

then we will have several choices for Auto Lamp Delay (1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 seconds) with a default value at 1 second (although I guess we have to convert those values to hex, which I don't know!).

Anyway, I will also wait for John's feedback.
Sponsored