Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
DUDE!!! No reason to be jelly!!! The 350's are bad in any package. I loved my Track Pack and if it were not for the circumstances being just right! I wouldn't have bought an R. Believe me you do not want to go through what I did but the consolation prize was the R.

Last edited:

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
Just because I'm considering adding this system interested if anybody has tried using header wrap instead of trying to reuse the existing heat shields?

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is there a reason why we have to install the ford performance by borla exhaust with the flaps in the closed position?? I took it yesterday for installation and the guy did not closed the flaps, they do work ok when I open/close them however I hear less noise just at start up, by the way no CEL light yet. This thing sound awesome.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Is there a reason why we have to install the ford performance by borla exhaust with the flaps in the closed position?? I took it yesterday for installation and the guy did not closed the flaps, they do work ok when I open/close them however I hear less noise just at start up, by the way no CEL light yet. This thing sound awesome.
Because the solenoids close the valves when the car is shut off. You are forcing the solenoid otherwise with no electrical power. Otherwise not a big deal since the car runs a self test at start up to determine the position of the valve.

Sponsored

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Because the solenoids close the valves when the car is shut off. You are forcing the solenoid otherwise with no electrical power. Otherwise not a big deal since the car runs a self test at start up to determine the position of the valve.

Thanks, got it fixed during the weekend

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Everyone says the standard exhaust on the GT350 sounds so good, why would anyone buy something else. Does not make sense.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Just wanted to chime in, wife bought this for me for Christmas and installed it last week. One week later and 300 miles and I am really enjoying it. No fitment issues or actuator problems. So far so good.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just wanted to chime in, wife bought this for me for Christmas and installed it last week. One week later and 300 miles and I am really enjoying it. No fitment issues or actuator problems. So far so good.
Did you have a resonator delete before or just completely stock? How different is the tone vs the stock exhaust or does it sound the same to you just louder?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
borla doesnt have "no drone" otherwise Id be all over it

Sponsored

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I haven't heard anybody complain about either the Ford or the Atak system "droning" Is that not true as that would be a deal breaker for me too.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Did you have a resonator delete before or just completely stock? How different is the tone vs the stock exhaust or does it sound the same to you just louder?
Sorry for the delayed response, have not been on the forums for a while. I did not have the resonator delete. The wife bought me both the Borla and Shifttek for Christmas not really knowing which was what. I installed the Borla and sold the other.

To me it sounds about the same, just a bit deeper and louder. It also crackles more than the stock one did when you let off the accelerator.

Overall, still very happen with it. I will report that it has been very cold here and on cold start I have had two instances where I got an "drive mode not available". I just shut the car off, turned it back on to let it re-initialize and It was fine. Keeping an eye on this.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I have had the borla attack on a track pack and now and R. I have never experienced drone at any RPM.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I haven't noticed any drone with the Ford Performance cat-back.
No drone the FRP/Borla system on my '16 Track Pack either.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.