Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
i can understand your point. But once you get a ticket you are going to be ordering one of Craig's no drill brackets anyway to get the ticket signed off. Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

That sounds nice. But in order to do it right you need the R front splitter and wing. Without the R front splitter I wouldn't want the R wing. The increased down force in the rear won't be balanced in the front if you are talking function. I also don't want to run and aftermarket spoiler. They don't fit the same, and even the OEM would require redriling your trunk to make it look right. 7k for the spoiler, an unknown amount for the splitter, plus body work on the trunk. When you really start adding up the cost it's not as easy as "just get the R spoiler"

I do agree the R setup is Mo-Betta though :cheers:
I live in Michigan, we don't require a front plate.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
First round of mods came in

-Redline quick lift hood struts

-Craig's custom license plate bracket

-LED interior/exterior light upgrade

-Steeda 35# clutch helper spring

Next up is the clear bra, track pack spoiler, Ford Performance oil separators, and R spec wheels....

Where did u get the light kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Where did u get the light kits?

Ordered the interior/turn/reverse bulbs from diode dynamics

I ordered the amber LED parking light from superbright led. Diode wil sell you a cool white parking light, but I like having the amber parking light.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Honorable mention from Steeda...

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got all the parts on today. Took about 2 hours total. Pretty easy installs with great benefits. Will share some thoughts on each and pics/vids where i have them

Steeda Clutch Helper Spring: Took about 10 minutes to install total. Would have been faster had i done it before. Real straight forward process, but I think our cars have a second helper spring that the normal S550 cars don't have. I couldn't find a picture of it online, but you will see once you get in there. The results of the upgrade are great. I have much better feel for where the clutch engages, and still have the assist with a light clutch pedal. Also no rattle or play in the pedal. I recommend it, would buy it again, and its $10 well spent.

Redline Hood Struts: This install took about 15 minutes total. The little struts hold the hood well and will raise the hood on their own once you are about half way up. Install is super easy and worth the money. would post a picture, but you have all seen them. I sprung for the upgraded set and would buy again.

Diode Dynamics LED Interior Lights: These little puppies changed the lighting of the interior dramatically. Everything is way bright now and the cool white is awesome. I ended up unscrewing and taking off the sun visor mirror to get at the vanity bulbs. You can spend 15 minutes trying to fish out the little vanity bulbs, then another 10 trying to finesse the new ones in. Or spend 5 minutes unscrewing and popping off the mirror plate to make it much easier. Here are some after pics. This is just LED lighting, no camera flash. I would by again.

Diode Dynamics Reverse Light: I went for the upgraded model. Install took about 15 minutes. Way easier than the video i saw on CJ Pony Parts as they took too many steps. I just unbolted the 2 13mm screws, removed the 6 or so push pins, and removed the 2 larger push pins. The cover drops down in the rear enough for you to easily change the bulb without removing the front two bolts on the cover, or putting the car up in the air. You may have a little tighter space if you have the diff cooler. I would buy it again for sure. Here is a video of the reverse light and an exhaust clip.

[ame]

Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals: These lights were a little expensive but they turned out fantastic. The passenger side was easy enough to change since you can reach down through the opening behind the bumper. Driver side will require removing a few clips on the splash guard and wiggling past one of the coolers. Turn the wheel to the right for more clearance. I opted for amber LED parking lamps from Superbrightleds.com, instead of the cool white Diode offers. You still get the look of a clear housing, but i like having some amber lighting to the front. Here is a video of them operating. I would buy these again as well

[ame]

Next round of mods soon to come

Last edited:

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Redline Hood Struts: This install took about 15 minutes total. The little struts hold the hood well and will raise the hood on their own once you are about half way up. Install is super easy and worth the money. would post a picture, but you have all seen them. I sprung for the upgraded set and would buy again.
Thanks for the review and enjoy your awesome Mustang! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Today was a good day. Got a decent license plate frame to put on the car...

Then I got some pictures from my dealer showing what just came in today..... Shut Yo Mouth!!

Looks like the Track Pack spoiler to me :ford:

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Then I got some pictures from my dealer showing what just came in today..... Shut Yo Mouth!!

Was that the accessory part number? Pre painted?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Nice frame.. Saw that on eBay but didn't want to shell out the cash for it.

Did the spoiler come painted ?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice frame.. Saw that on eBay but didn't want to shell out the cash for it.

Did the spoiler come painted ?

Yeah the frame came out to like $50. Not too bad for stainless steel or whatever.

The spoiler does come pre painted from what I can tell. Looks like I should have it next week!!

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Loving the red accent to the stripes. What brand did you use and how much did you need?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah the frame came out to like $50. Not too bad for stainless steel or whatever.

The spoiler does come pre painted from what I can tell. Looks like I should have it next week!!

Did it cost more or were you able to get it for $1300?

Sponsored