Sponsored

Lund Racing Shelby GT350 Tuning now available!!!!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
oh i believe you, i was just referring to some of the graphs i saw that had a small dip/flat spot at that rpm(like stopped increasing momentarily), and that's all i was talking about. no idea if this is a common characteristic or not. should've been more clear

I get you, I was told but have no idea really that it was a product of the valve timing and the capabilities or limits thereof of cams / head across the wide rpm range. Some tuners seem to have a couple tricks up their sleeve but despite the big talk I have yet to see any dynos outside Whipples that have smoothened it out that low. I know 2 guys claiming they have achieved smooth torque response from 2.5-3k with prochargers but I cant vouch for them as the dynos have not been posted publicly. Even the guys I see with good RWHP numbers all launch a bit soft.

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
First of all, I can say wow!!!! Now my car is a beast!!! Kook long tube headers, green cats with jlt I take and Lund tune e85.. I was doing to saved up for the supercharger but now the car felt pretty fast, in my opinion I need to upgraded my tires and rims.s to gt350r set up.. the car goes sideway on the third gear...

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
First of all, I can say wow!!!! Now my car is a beast!!! Kook long tube headers, green cats with jlt I take and Lund tune e85.. I was doing to saved up for the supercharger but now the car felt pretty fast, in my opinion I need to upgraded my tires and rims.s to gt350r set up.. the car goes sideway on the third gear...
nice

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I get you, I was told but have no idea really that it was a product of the valve timing and the capabilities or limits thereof of cams / head across the wide rpm range. Some tuners seem to have a couple tricks up their sleeve but despite the big talk I have yet to see any dynos outside Whipples that have smoothened it out that low. I know 2 guys claiming they have achieved smooth torque response from 2.5-3k with prochargers but I cant vouch for them as the dynos have not been posted publicly. Even the guys I see with good RWHP numbers all launch a bit soft.
I have seen two aggressive e85 pro-charger setups basically nullify it down low with pulley changes, one had a built block and smaller head unit, the other a f1a. I think they are at 10-11 psi up top

Sponsored

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
Does anyone have the graph with procharger and e85 tuned from lund racing?

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I think I'm ready for the switch now :)

I've had the tune/intake on the car now for about a month. I ran one full tank that was half full of 91 and 101 race gas. Then I ran it down to the bottom and added 93...I'm about a 1/4 tank now and looking to do E85 on the next fill up. I'm a little skeptical because the timing is running short on driving it this season and since getting the car on 5/15 I've put about 5000 miles on it. including an 1800 mile round trip to Colorado in a week. Since it's not good to leave it in the tank long I'm wondering if I should just wait until next season. As much as I'd like to fill it up and run the tank down, I don't see it happening. How long can this stuff "sit" for?

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
No matter what you do header, e85, na, you're tossed with E55 lightly moded lol

Furiousone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Shelby GT350
Going to be hitting 1000 miles soon, so looking forward to letting my ā€˜18 loose. I would like to go to a Lund tune, and if nothing additional is needed to go e85, I would like to do that. 93 is plentiful locally, and we have several stations that have good e85. Is there anything Iā€™m missing here? Plug the tuner in, run the car out of 93 then transition to e85 until the learning process is complete? Thanks!

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No matter what you do header, e85, na, you're tossed with E55 lightly moded lol
Huh?

Going to be hitting 1000 miles soon, so looking forward to letting my ā€˜18 loose. I would like to go to a Lund tune, and if nothing additional is needed to go e85, I would like to do that. 93 is plentiful locally, and we have several stations that have good e85. Is there anything Iā€™m missing here? Plug the tuner in, run the car out of 93 then transition to e85 until the learning process is complete? Thanks!
This is what I did. I filled up with E85 when I had about 25 miles left, drove the car easily and datalogged until I noticed the green lights on the tuner (the first two on the left) alternating. When the car was about a 1/4 down after fill up, I noticed the cold stutter, the smell of E85, loss of about 2 mpg and a pretty noticeable difference in performance (better) in Sport mode. I did maybe 2 or 3 good pulls, datalogged those, then drove it normally until the car was down to about a 1/4 tank.

I then filled it back up with 93 (not easily available where I am).

Sponsored

Furiousone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Shelby GT350
This is what I did. I filled up with E85 when I had about 25 miles left, drove the car easily and datalogged until I noticed the green lights on the tuner (the first two on the left) alternating. When the car was about a 1/4 down after fill up, I noticed the cold stutter, the smell of E85, loss of about 2 mpg and a pretty noticeable difference in performance (better) in Sport mode. I did maybe 2 or 3 good pulls, datalogged those, then drove it normally until the car was down to about a 1/4 tank.

I then filled it back up with 93 (not easily available where I am).
Any regrets or issues?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I run the Lund Flex tune using the Ngauge. I been running this now for a bit. I bought the car last August, had the headers and tune on it at 500 miles.

With the flex tune, it is as it says. I can run 93, I can go e85, I can go 104 If I wanted. With the ngauge I have it set to show when it learns the gas in the system. I also have it set to show the ethanol level. I do not daily drive my Shelby so I do not mind the hit on using e85 in MPG. Every now and again I will do a fill up on 93 to keep the system clean.

The Flex tune works well. Would you get more from a straight e85 tune ? Not sure...maybe...but for me this setup is running hard and fine.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No regrets, other than wishing I did it sooner.

Ninjak, How did you set the unit to show ethanol %?

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! I never knew that. I went out and set the nguage to show it on the 6 pack. Man I need to learn how to use that thing! lol
Sponsored