Sponsored

blown axles

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
So my car has about 10k on it and is about a year old. About 4 months ago my driver rear axle started leaking fluid. They replaced it with no problems. I just put my car on the lift the other day at work and noticed caked on fluid from both sides of the diff where the axles connect to it. Im pretty sure theyre leaking as im not sure where else the fluid could come from. So now this will be 3 axles replaced within one year and 10k miles. Im pretty annoyed because i dont drive my car too hard. Yes the occasional race or spirited driving but nothing too extreme. What should i do and does my car qualify as a lemon?
Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Lemon laws vary by state, but usually it's 3 failed repair attempts for the same issue in a given amount of time. A quick Google search will tell you exactly what your state's Lemon Law requirements are.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
So I guess they said it's normal. Ford allows a certain amount of seepage through the pinion seals

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
If it's not dripping or leaving a spot, some seepage has always been normal at the seals. If you ever see an older solid axle truck, there's some oily staining on the pumpkin and axle tubes which is completely normal. I just say that in that you didn't give any pictures.
Sponsored