2018 Mustang Price List (MSRP/Invoice): EB Starts at $25,585, GT at $35,095

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, Lightning Blue
Interestingly, even the spare tire went up - $255 on the 2017 configurator, $405 on the 2018. These prices will come down.
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Prices - Performance

My only concern is that 2017 GT I got a couple weeks ago might've bern discounted even more as 2018 is actually announced now.

Or maybe not. There might be exta 2017 buyers diverted by 2018 prices.
Yeah those prices are an extra incentive to purchase a 2017 - I think that was
the idea all along from Ford to clear existing inventory and give them production time on the 2018. They will release their incentives (rebates) once the 2017 inventory is cleared out. ;)

Still the 2018 does offer some great performance numbers but at a premium cost. A lot of nice features and upgrades to the existing S550. While not a fan of the front fascia I am sure the aftermarket will remedy that soon. Overall I would have to say nice job Ford. I thought in terms of HP it was going to be in the 465-475 range. I am sure there is plenty on the table there to somehow bump up to better numbers.

:cheers:

:ford:

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
I was eagerly awaiting to see what a 2018 Mustang would cost when configured to have everything my optimal Camaro 2SS would have on it....I figured if a 2018 Mustang with its superior interior ergonomics was improved to drive as well as my dream 2SS drives now, and cost the same or less with all the features I wanted on the 2SS (incl heated wheel, mag ride, dual mode exhaust), it would be an easy choice...Now, it appears the Mustang will be at least $3K more MSRP vs. MSRP - granted with a few extra driver aid features, the fancier digital dash, 6 piston instead of 4 piston, but no HUD, and forced dark interior and black wheels with performance package). Camaro torque curve still looks superior and 5 less peak hp is negligible.

With discounts likely on the 2018 Camaro before its 2019 refresh comes out, it seems Ford has pushed me to GM...not sure if I should even bother test driving a 2018 Mustang now...how much better can revised suspension, MT shifter/clutch, make the existing Mustang architecture drive compared to the GM alpha platform?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was eagerly awaiting to see what a 2018 Mustang would cost when configured to have everything my optimal Camaro 2SS would have on it....I figured if a 2018 Mustang with its superior interior ergonomics was improved to drive as well as my dream 2SS drives now, and cost the same or less with all the features I wanted on the 2SS (incl heated wheel, mag ride, dual mode exhaust), it would be an easy choice...Now, it appears the Mustang will be at least $3K more MSRP vs. MSRP - granted with a few extra driver aid features, the fancier digital dash, 6 piston instead of 4 piston, but no HUD, and forced dark interior and black wheels with performance package). Camaro torque curve still looks superior and 5 less peak hp is negligible.

With discounts likely on the 2018 Camaro before its 2019 refresh comes out, it seems Ford has pushed me to GM...not sure if I should even bother test driving a 2018 Mustang now...how much better can revised suspension, MT shifter/clutch, make the existing Mustang architecture drive compared to the GM alpha platform?
The only performance thing is engine character. The Coyote loves, LOVES to rev. It's very satisfying to drive hard around the back roads. The LT1 is a stump-puller but does run out of breath much earlier. The Mustang will still have much better visibility, usability (trunk and rear seat room) and looks better inside and out.

Otherwise...

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
If I were looking at one of those it would be. Performance driving without seats like those just isn't the same. The point is that you don't buy a 1LE unless you want to track it (at least most don't), and to get similar features on the Mustang you need to spend nearly $6k more...and it still would be slower, because it it weren't, it'd be faster than the GT350.
Fair enough. Like I mentioned I just happened on the GT/PP Recaro's and kitchen sink. Glad I have them now and the package but then again it was never this or the Camaro if you will. It was always a Mustang or a Raptor once I couldn't find a dealer moving a GT350 for a reasonable price.

On the other hand I would be interested in a side by side comparison, in real time, same day, same track, consistent 20 minute sessions, and see the lap times for these models.

Sponsored

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I can't believe how substantial the price hike is on the GT base over the 15-17s. I guess now we'll see if the Camaro's poor sales were because of the higher sticker price or because people just didn't like it.

Take a 1SS, add the automatic, leave it.

The Camaro has a HUD, LCD display and brembo brakes..oh and is lighter.
Not crucial to your point, but only the 2SS and up have the HUD standard. The 1SS would need the ($6500) 1LE package.

http://imgur.com/a/4AufB

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only performance thing is engine character. The Coyote loves, LOVES to rev. It's very satisfying to drive hard around the back roads. The LT1 is a stump-puller but does run out of breath much earlier. The Mustang will still have much better visibility, usability (trunk and rear seat room) and looks better inside and out.

Otherwise...
Sort of amazing how Ford continues to push power out of a smaller displaced engine compared to GM. To me that alone is worth some extra money...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough. Like I mentioned I just happened on the GT/PP Recaro's and kitchen sink. Glad I have them now and the package but then again it was never this or the Camaro if you will. It was always a Mustang or a Raptor once I couldn't find a dealer moving a GT350 for a reasonable price.

On the other hand I would be interested in a side by side comparison, in real time, same day, same track, consistent 20 minute sessions, and see the lap times for these models.
The SS nips at the heels of the GT350, the 1LE is faster/as fast at any track. I don't care for a lot about the Camaro, and the price difference always made it easy to defend the Mustang's performance deficit. I much prefer the Coyote and Voodoo to the LT1. Ford is getting needlessly greedy with these prices and packages and don't seem to understand what gave the S550 amazing sales numbers.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Sort of amazing how Ford continues to push power out of a smaller displaced engine compared to GM. To me that alone is worth some extra money...
4 overhead cams, 32 valves, vs. "cam in block" (ie pushrod driven valves), 16 valves. The lower frictional and mass inertia of GM's valve train allow it to get to peak torque more quickly, and the higher displacement give it more peak torque; but it runs out of breath sooner because 32 valves in the Coyote allow the engine to breathe more freely at higher rpms, and develop its peak hp high in the rev range.

I actually think it's pretty amazing that GM has managed to keep a pushrod V8 still relevant in today's market, with direct injection and 25+ mpg on the highway without cylinder deactivation on the Camaro. With the simplistic valve train, I wouldn't be surprised if GM's 6.2 pushrod V8 weighed less than Ford's 5.0 32valve 4 OHC V8. So, bottom line, the comparison is just different approaches to relatively same hp...that can also be compared to turbo V6s...It's a matter of taste.

Yes, I've driven both (not the 2018 Ford, but earlier), and the Coyote really shines above 6000 rpm; but the GM revs nicely too, and with taller gearing winds up to about the same speed at redline, arriving at 60 mph with same number of shifts in the low 4sec range with the MT.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
It will be interesting to see what direct injection and the extended redline do to the torque curve.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
I don't suppose anyone would have any idea when the Canadian pricing will be announced, eh?

Using the same conversion from US to Canadian on the 2018 as the previous 2017...the prices look downright scary. Like $60K+ scary...

00spy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Need a 2018

I have a 2016 GT Vert. Guard Green, black out package, plus all options including light bar and windscreen. Just got totaled two days ago. (Not my fault). I went on the build and price today. I wanted to hit all the options. My question for forum users is this. Is the PP a harsher ride. It was not an option on the 2016 with Vert. Second is the Mag ride worth the price. I'm not tracking the car because it is a vert. Just want a daily driver. My 16 had over 11K in a little over a year. Thoughts?

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
I have a base '15 GT, with only the PP and the ruby red paint (extra cost) as options. Sticker on my car was $35k, I spec'ed out an identical '18 right down to the color, and the msrp on that is over 40k.

So it's a 5k increase in price in three years, for what exactly? Slightly different front and rear styling and better tires? If I was in the market for a new car, I would not even consider the '18, not at that price. It's sad that Ford's moved the car out of the price range of most younger enthusiasts.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 overhead cams, 32 valves, vs. "cam in block" (ie pushrod driven valves), 16 valves. The lower frictional and mass inertia of GM's valve train allow it to get to peak torque more quickly, and the higher displacement give it more peak torque; but it runs out of breath sooner because 32 valves in the Coyote allow the engine to breathe more freely at higher rpms, and develop its peak hp high in the rev range.

I actually think it's pretty amazing that GM has managed to keep a pushrod V8 still relevant in today's market, with direct injection and 25+ mpg on the highway without cylinder deactivation on the Camaro. With the simplistic valve train, I wouldn't be surprised if GM's 6.2 pushrod V8 weighed less than Ford's 5.0 32valve 4 OHC V8. So, bottom line, the comparison is just different approaches to relatively same hp...that can also be compared to turbo V6s...It's a matter of taste.

Yes, I've driven both (not the 2018 Ford, but earlier), and the Coyote really shines above 6000 rpm; but the GM revs nicely too, and with taller gearing winds up to about the same speed at redline, arriving at 60 mph with same number of shifts in the low 4sec range with the MT.
Sure, I get it. Two different approaches. They Coyote holds its own. The Voodoo takes it to another level. Look back at the GT500 and it was beyond 600 HP. Pretty impressive.

At the end of the day I guess the buyer can spec both out and see what makes sense to them. I've always felt the current model Camaro and Dodge exist only because the success of the retro Mustang. Maybe it will come down to the driver rather than what is on paper. I guess we'll see.
Sponsored