Had a scare with Steeda Jacking Rails!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Some people are unaware of this, but the jacking rail won't originally sit flat by itself. You have to scrape the surface underneath the jacking rail to get a truly flat surface. This may only be the case on certain S550s though, not sure.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Some people are unaware of this, but the jacking rail won't originally sit flat by itself. You have to scrape the surface underneath the jacking rail to get a truly flat surface. This may only be the case on certain S550s though, not sure.
I did that and my jacking rails are both at an angle. Figured they were designed that way. Hardly sit on my jack stands right.

Even in Steeda's pictures you can see they are at an angle and aren't parallel to the ground.

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
Another interesting item, I use the "other" jacking rails and dont have a perfect flat garage floor either.
But usually one jackstand isnt actually supporting the car, it usually sits on three.

Hows that for a stiff chassy!!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I had to scrap a lot of the sealer off of mine to get them to almost mount flat. Mine too are at a tiny bit of an angle though. Driver's side is worse than the passenger side.

OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I scraped mine but the driver side still sits at an angle too...
Sponsored