CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
All

While my vert was up on the lift for a swaybar installation, I thought I would give the painted areas of the undercarriage a light coating of a decent quality undercoating (Duplicolor).

The underside was white-matching the top half.

I sprayed the area on top and behind the mufflers (not the mufflers or exhaust system!), the channels, and the vert subframe. I focused on the vert subframe since portions of it is painted sheet metal.

I ran out of undercoating after 2 cans-and that was only a light coating! To do this, you should have 3 cans...AND BE SURE YOU DO NOT BLOCK ANY DRAINAGE CHANNELS!!!

Thanks

CVCashmere
Channel undercoated.jpg
Subframe Compressed Undercoat.jpg
Two Cans Undercoat Not Enough.jpg
swaybar.jpg
Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
is that enough of a coating? just wondering because i know someone who bought one of those dealer packages for his and the stuff they sprayed on is like 1/8" thick or more in some spots...

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Everyone

I need at least 1 more can just to ensure I have a thin coat over all the painted areas. This will be thinner than 1/8" but then, any coating is better than none.

If I had jack stands, I could put it on thicker. There are other brands out there better than Duplicolor, but it was available at the store and reasonably priced. Their other products are of consistent quality, so I am hoping this application lasts.

CVCashmere

is that enough of a coating? just wondering because i know someone who bought one of those dealer packages for his and the stuff they sprayed on is like 1/8" thick or more in some spots...
Sponsored