From BMW to FORD!!!

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Silver wheels are a nice touch. But they also make me realize that 19's look somewhat small.
Yea, I agree. I also noticed that, once I painted them. I will probably upgrade to 20's in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
congrats! That's the dealer i bought my car at. I wondered where one of the two black with white stripe 350's went!
Yea, I saw the second one when I was there. The dealer told me that it was already sold as well, so I am guessing both are now off the lot.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
You've got great taste in cars, sir!

The M4 is a beautiful car, but all I'd have to do is press the start button on the Shelby and hear that beautiful V8 roar to life to know which one I'd prefer.

Also, BMW seems to always have some pretty big engineering failures with each generation lately.

S54 and S65 motors see bearing failures due to oiling issues.
S55 motors have crank hub failures.

N54 motors have common turbo failures, etc.

The 5.0L Coyote and 5.2L VooDoo have proven to be a very solid engines so far.

Enjoy the American Muscle! 'Merica!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Great move on the silver wheels. Whoever at Ford decided black wheels look good should be fired immediately.
I never saw the beauty in the black wheels. Too much detail not visable. :shrug:

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Congrats on your first Shelby!

I'm on the same boat as you, I come from a BMW Z4 (e89) and agree with all your points rearding build quality and luxury. However, no current BMW has the personality and soul that the GT350 has.

Make sure to check your oil, before and after every meal :lol:

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
You've got great taste in cars, sir!

The M4 is a beautiful car, but all I'd have to do is press the start button on the Shelby and hear that beautiful V8 roar to life to know which one I'd prefer.

Also, BMW seems to always have some pretty big engineering failures with each generation lately.

S54 and S65 motors see bearing failures due to oiling issues.
S55 motors have crank hub failures.

N54 motors have common turbo failures, etc.

The 5.0L Coyote and 5.2L VooDoo have proven to be a very solid engines so far.

Enjoy the American Muscle! 'Merica!
Firstly, congrats to OP for the car ! Looks great with silver wheels.

I drove all my M cars way past the 100,000 miles with no problems. Ok, injectors failed on my 335i and had to be changed, and previous owner changed the wastegates on turbos, but other than that, no problems.
I would like to see a GT350 past 100k without major heart surgery... not sure if it's ever going to happen.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Firstly, congrats to OP for the car ! Looks great with silver wheels.

I drove all my M cars way past the 100,000 miles with no problems. Ok, injectors failed on my 335i and had to be changed, and previous owner changed the wastegates on turbos, but other than that, no problems.
I would like to see a GT350 past 100k without major heart surgery... not sure if it's ever going to happen.
So far the 5.0L Coyotes are rock solid. I'd guess the VooDoo will be right behind it in reliability. Time will tell.
Only issue I've read about concerning the 5.0L is the oil pump gears & timing gear....but that is only on supercharged (modified) engines. A upgrade to billet oil pump and timing gears seems to prevent failure issues with both.

BUT, I agree....these design issues are always blown out of proportion on the internet. A great example of that is the Volkswagen TDI HPFP failures on the 2.0L Common Rail diesels (the same engines that were cheating on emissions). Internet chatter made it sound like all the TDI HPFPs were doomed to fail prematurely.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
You wouldn't happen to be from the Levittown area would you?

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
You wouldn't happen to be from the Levittown area would you?
No, but I did stop by that dealer last Monday. I was actually looking at purchasing the Roush they had on display there, but it was sold a few hours before I got there...Glad it was.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I do want to take advantage of the track time that is offered by Ford, when you purchase this vehicle. I did do the M Performance driving school this year, in South Carolina and it was amazing to push the cars to the limit. Not sure if I want to take my car on the track though. I like to baby my cars and make sure that everything works perfectly. I might change my mind once I go to the track and drive Ford's Shelby's on the track.
The track event is worth it IMO and Utah has great natural parks.

I hear ya about cruising the car to keep it nice. Funny thing, I bought my car planning to cruise most of the time and go to maybe 2 track days a season. One year later and am hitting every autocross and as many track days as family life allows for. The car is so much fun to toss around that I feel cruising around is nice but doesn't bring out the car's true personality.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
A few simple things added to the car. Red thin stripe and White Shelby lettering. Some nice Interior goodies are on their way.
6457.jpg
6478.jpeg
6481.jpeg

OP
OP

ecoce1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Just added BeithPerformance Steering Wheel. Great guy to work with. I got the wheel in the time frame he promised. The quality is spot one and feels a lot better than stock. I am used to my BMW Thick Steering wheels, so that was the first thing I wanted to change once I received the car.
20170914_162117.jpg
20170914_162121.jpg
20170914_162126.jpg

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That is great! Is that real CF ? How much please ?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
That is great! Is that real CF ? How much please ?
If you are interested, there is a thread in the Interior and Exterior Mod page started by [MENTION=22907]dron_jones[/MENTION] which also has a link to an even larger thread regarding these wheels. Mine is fantastic! A real step up from the OEM wheel.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My ONLY main gripe about the interior driving experience is how thin the steering wheel is. A thicker wheel would work wonders.
Sponsored