Sponsored

Schroth Quick Fit Pro 4 Point Harness

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Im about to order mine also. Already have rear seats removed. Thinking of cutting out slits/holes on seat delete (on order) for the harness to pass through.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im about to order mine also. Already have rear seats removed. Thinking of cutting out slits/holes on seat delete (on order) for the harness to pass through.
The seat delete will come out easy. 3 Torx bolts and out it comes. The seat delete is a $7-800 item. I'm going to plan on just removing the seat delete for track days

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Ok I have installed the Schroth Quik Fit belts in my 350 Track Pack. I had taken out the Recaros and installed some cloth buckets out of a 2015 GT that I got from a dismantler. So I had the head rests to deal with instead of the holes in the Recaros. I found the headrest to pose a problem with hitting my helmet when on the track...was a total PIA. Will get to that solution in just a bit.

Back to the installation. It was fairly straight forward until you get to the installation of the left side lap belt. To say that was fiddly in Edd China's words was a gross understatement.:lol: You have to partially pull back a plastic trim piece and undo one or two bolts and then insert the belt attachment etc. Anyway that took some time and cutting of the trip piece. Once that was all attached routing of the belts etc was pretty easy. I have used them on the track twice now and they are pretty good. Well worth the kinda high cost involved. A submarine belt would be nice to have...almost impossible to do with power bucket seats.

What I found with the headrests on the bucket seats is that I couldn't get them out of the way far enough so they kept banging my helmet which is sooo totally annoying, :crazy: that I wanted to take them out of my car and run them over a few times...:frusty: But I ended up just taking them out of the car and that was a huge improvement :hail: but I really wanted to have some kind of headrest back there. Soooo ok what to do about it. :shrug:

Well when I got home I set about trying to come up with something simple that would do the job for me. What I ended up with is in the pics I've included. Simple stainless tubing same size as the headrest tubing..a plate welded on and covered with some leather and foam. I think it came out very nice and is a clean install for track days. :thumbsup: Rather than remove the belts I just leave them stored on the floor in back of the drivers seat. Now one more point in using them...I believe the instruction mentions putting them on with the seat slid back a bit and thats the way to do it. Then once the belts are kinda snug slide the seat forward until the belts are tight. You just can't pull them as tight as you need them...in my opinion. Anyway this was my solution to a problem I had...but they do work well. Good luck with yours.:cheers:
Headrest front (1).JPG
Headrest back (2).JPG

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
When using with a headrest, does it scrape at your neck or feel too high or too short?

It seems that seats designed for racing seat belts the slots are wider apart to give the occupant more room around the neck.
I have the Recaros in my GT350. So no issue there. But the seats in my GT500KR have a headrest that can get in the way when wearing a helmet. I just remove the headrest and turn in backwards.
I presume this can be done in a GT350?
Reversed Headrest v2.JPG

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I got mine in today. Just a heads up, you need to trim some of the rear interior panel for the driver male receptacle to work correctly. Not a big a deal and took about an hour taking my time.
IMG_1279.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well when I got home I set about trying to come up with something simple that would do the job for me. What I ended up with is in the pics I've included. Simple stainless tubing same size as the headrest tubing..a plate welded on and covered with some leather and foam.
Nice fab work!
Sponsored