Sponsored

Tires - Michelin Pilot Super Sports (305/325) GOOD PRICE!!

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Project6gR R specs. I also run Hoosiers in 315 square on the stock carbon wheels.

According to Nitto, the 325 Nt01 has a 13.03" section width. The PSS in 325 has a 13" section width according to Tire Racks specs. The Nitto is also taller by .3" so, assuming those specs are correct, it should work just fine.
You are getting me all excited bro. I've had an idea of running steam rollers all around...

How is it on the street with turning and tramlining?
Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
You are getting me all excited bro. I've had an idea of running steam rollers all around...

How is it on the street with turning and tramlining?
To be honest I don't drive it on the street very often but from what little street driving I've done, the tramlining doesn't seem any worse than with the stock cup2's.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Keeep in mind, unless I'm mistaken, the good price is not for the GT350-specific version of the MPSS, so it might performly differently. I'd expect you'd only notice that on track, tho.
The 325 up front might be a little too big for a non-R front wheel. It is at the limits for what I would put on a wheel considering the R's fronts are 11.0" wide, and the 325 has a 12.1" tread width, i.e actual contact patch width.

However, the GT350 specific tire has only a 10.0" tread width up front, with a 10.7" tread with in the rear. If a non-R owner were running the Project6G wheels in an R fitment for example, the extra 2" and 1.3" extra tread width in front/rear will easily surpass and perform better than any difference in tire construction/compound. You would need to step up to a much stickier tire for it to compete with an already great tire that is 2" wider.

If you're considering the 305/325 setup however, I do imagine you'll only notice the difference on track. However even the 305 is 1.7" wider in regards to tread width, so I have no doubts that it would outperform the GT350 specific version. Minor changes in construction/compound aren't making up for a 17% larger contact patch :thumbsup:

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Hey!

Two questions:

1. Running 325 square how does it affect on oversteer/understeer. I suspect running such a wide tire on front the car will tend to understeer less and thus oversteer more? Just a thought...

2. Can you tell me what is the exact weight on the 325/30 MPSS tire?

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Hey!

Two questions:

1. Running 325 square how does it affect on oversteer/understeer. I suspect running such a wide tire on front the car will tend to understeer less and thus oversteer more? Just a thought...

2. Can you tell me what is the exact weight on the 325/30 MPSS tire?
I imagine it would increase oversteer tendencies for a non-R. For an R that comes with Cup 2's, the Super Sports although wider by almost an inch in the front and 0.4" in the rear, aren't going to overcome the R compound that the Cup 2's are made of. So I imagine this could actually induce some mild understeer on the R on track. There is no track where I live so these are purely for the street.

Click on the links I provided bro, it lists every spec you could want including weights.... TireRack has the 325/30's listed at 32lbs.

Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Keeep in mind, unless I'm mistaken, the good price is not for the GT350-specific version of the MPSS, so it might performly differently. I'd expect you'd only notice that on track, tho.
Where do you obtain GT350-specific MPSS's? I've heard OEM tires are often car-specific, but have no clue how to tell if replacement tires are car-specific. It's easy enough to buy the same tire series as replacements, but I don't see where to identify car-specific tires.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That is a killer deal on the tires. Now to figure out how to justify this and a purchase of wheels to my wife....:lol:

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Just ordered myself a set of more street friendly tires for my R. Ended up going with a square set of 325/30/19's in the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I'll post a link below here, but they are on for a crazy deal right now at only $230 a tire... for those like myself in Canada, TireRack wanted to charge me $700US to ship them here including duties... which is absurd lol

I made my order through DiscountTireDirect as they only charge $40 per tire for all Canadian taxes/customs/fees... which is far less than the local 15% sales tax in my province. I also paid $32 per tire for a replacement/warranty card in case anything happens and I get a flat tire. I've used these before and they promptly ship out a new tire to you with 0 hassle. They also nearly price matched the tires which made the overall total far less than the $1700 US that TireRack wanted. They actually didn't even have the 325/30/19 size in stock (nor the 305/30/19), so for a custom order from Michelin they charged me $254 per tire.

All in all, I got the square set shipped to my door with no hidden fees for $1304.32 US or $1697 CAD. Compared to the PS4S that would be ~$2400 for a 305/325 set, I feel like it was a no brainer. If I don't like the 325's up front, I'll switch them out to smaller ones on the next set, but couldn't pass up those savings in the short term!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR9PSSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...n=Pilot+Super+Sport&typ=Passenger/Performance

So for any of my friends in Canada, DiscountTireDirect would be the way to go if you want to get in on this VERY good priced tire! For my pals across the border, TireRack might be even cheaper depending on shipping costs (DiscountTireDirect has free shipping for everyone).

But, I think it may be time to hit up the drag strip and do a few burnouts now that those Cup 2's are being replaced :D :cheers:
I've seriously been waiting for the day since I got mine. I can't wait LOL :cheers::cheers:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ordered Thursday morning, delivered Friday Morning.
IMG_1232.jpg

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I Maher AMG -

Thanks for the word on this Deal.
Just ordered a square set of the 325's. Would like to picture's of these rollers on any R spec wheels.

Anyone ?

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Where do you obtain GT350-specific MPSS's? I've heard OEM tires are often car-specific, but have no clue how to tell if replacement tires are car-specific. It's easy enough to buy the same tire series as replacements, but I don't see where to identify car-specific tires.
Probably your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer ,

Are the MPSS going out of production now that we have the Pilot sport 4S ? Congrats on the new shoes!

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
For the non R owners wanting to go 305/325 setups on project wheels are there any issues with speedo calibration and traction control systems? Can the dealer flash the R specs into a non R?

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I'm not seeing those sizes on the discounttire direct link. Only see the 4S- missing something?

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You can get them from TireRack. As far as I know, in the OEM non-R sizes, the OEM spec MPSS is the only tire available in that exact size.

I Maher AMG -

Thanks for the word on this Deal.
Just ordered a square set of the 325's. Would like to picture's of these rollers on any R spec wheels.

Anyone ?
I'll have pictures posted in a month or so whenever they arrive and I get them mounted.

Probably your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer ,

Are the MPSS going out of production now that we have the Pilot sport 4S ? Congrats on the new shoes!
Yessir the MPSS is being phased out slowly. OEM spec tires I imagine they will continue to produce and stockpile for some time, but for oddball sizes that they sell in low volumes, you will see them cut prices and look to clear inventory, i.e the 325/30/19's.

For the non R owners wanting to go 305/325 setups on project wheels are there any issues with speedo calibration and traction control systems? Can the dealer flash the R specs into a non R?
Yes the dealer can select the settings for the R sized tires using the Forscan tool. However if you run the 325/30/19's and you are going to get it corrected, they can correct the speedometer exactly for whatever size tire you have on it.

I'm not seeing those sizes on the discounttire direct link. Only see the 4S- missing something?
They aren't listed on there. I used the Live Chat option, though I imagine a phone call would be quicker, to inquire about whether they could get that size, and if so, would they still price match on a custom order.

I would suggest contacting Candice Tucker, she is the lady I dealt with and was a pleasure. She also was quite excited after she asked me what the tires were going on LOL

Her direct email is: [email protected]

As I mentioned above, they priced me at $254 per tire, but the total was still far below TireRack's total. They will price match and beat any competitors total shipped to price. So they will (or should) match the $230 per tire for you guys in the US and you guys also get free shipping :cheers:

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks man! Just order a set for my winter set up now, I think discount tire must be out of the 305's so I used tire rack came out to 1200 but still pretty good deal. I did the same sizes at [MENTION=27928]50[/MENTION]_deep, thank you! Now I can search for rims later.

I need to stop buying stuff now until my car gets closer to being delivered!
Sponsored