Sponsored

7000 miles and I finally learned to shift my car

Jb55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt Premium
As a new owner, I'm glad I see threads like these. Doing the spring install this week.
Sponsored

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
What does it do for the weight of the clutch pedal, asks the guy who sits in traffic 2 hours a day.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What does it do for the weight of the clutch pedal, asks the guy who sits in traffic 2 hours a day.
The Steeda spring is definitely heavier. I recently took mine out after 3 months to continue comparing the two, and stock is less annoying in stop and go due to the lower effort. However, more on the OPs specific topic, the Steeda spring did improve my ability to drive a manual since I had to be more conscious of the force of my leg both clutching in and out. This made it easier to learn the bite point for this car, since I wasn’t blowing past it on release. I will note though it’s also my first daily driven manual. For 20 bucks and the 5-10 minutes it takes to swap (channel locks help), there’s no way to lose trying it out.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Just be careful taking the stock one out because it is very easy to break the plastic part(s). There's no OEM (or inexpensive) replacement for anything related to the clutch spring without buying the entire pedal assembly.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Just be careful taking the stock one out because it is very easy to break the plastic part(s). There's no OEM (or inexpensive) replacement for anything related to the clutch spring without buying the entire pedal assembly.

Not true. Steeda offers all replacement parts if you break the plastic perch.
Sponsored