Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
When I called around I go stupid answers also. Use the ford.com to find stock. I used different zips till I had a radius of 500 miles, a one day drive. Then I email them each an offer on specific VIN of what I would pay in my case MSRP for a Gt350AG conv pkg. found 14 cars in stock. Two took my offer, but one got damaged offloading. So went with the remaining had them email a quote, they stuck in $800 closing cost, I EMAILED back no deal. Three days later at 8pm I get a call why did the deal fall through. I explained 30 minutes later they agreed, gave them the credit card for $1000.00 binder. Two days later a notoriety show up at my house signed the paperwork. Two weeks later I pick it up.
Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
They can't even get the name of the color right. "Slate Gray" Its so frustrating that they can add these ADM. But the Super Rich don't have to pay a penny over MSRP for a Ford GT.

All these salesman are the same. They really dont know crap about what they are selling. They are all clueless scrubs. If you watch some of these "inquiry" videos from random salesmen, They regurgitate the same basic info for everything. "Its white with a blue stripe and has a spoiler" o rly? How about state some damn personalized info on the damn car they are trying to sell for $40k over sticker?

I really wish auto makers would change their way of delivering cars to their customers. Its 2017, We have no need for these slimy greedy people anymore.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
El Cajon Ford is asking firm 20k adm on a gt350 don’t know how they sell cars. I almost laughed at the sales person.
They are out of their mind there. They also want 20k for the raptors lol

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
I wonder if anyone is interested in a site that scrapes AutoTrader for GT350s or GT350Rs

It'll look something like this http://puu.sh/wU9Fx/6652c55ac8.jpg

You can view the window sticker if Ford has it available. http://puu.sh/wU9Iq/cded7748d9.jpg

That way you can see if it has exactly the right options like color, stripes, black roof, electronics pack or convenience pack.

It sorts them by least expensive and will weight it by distance. If 2 cars are the same listed price, the farther one away will listed after the closer one.

If there is no price, it goes to the bottom.

I have a slightly different bot running that emails me when a new car is listed, so I can see if fits my criteria.

I'll keep plugging away at the 2 variants regardless, but if I get enough interest and have enough time, I could deploy this version to help others find their car for the best price.

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I wonder if anyone is interested in a site that scrapes AutoTrader for GT350s or GT350Rs

It'll look something like this http://puu.sh/wU9Fx/6652c55ac8.jpg

You can view the window sticker if Ford has it available. http://puu.sh/wU9Iq/cded7748d9.jpg

That way you can see if it has exactly the right options like color, stripes, black roof, electronics pack or convenience pack.

It sorts them by least expensive and will weight it by distance. If 2 cars are the same listed price, the farther one away will listed after the closer one.

If there is no price, it goes to the bottom.

I have a slightly different bot running that emails me when a new car is listed, so I can see if fits my criteria.

I'll keep plugging away at the 2 variants regardless, but if I get enough interest and have enough time, I could deploy this version to help others find their car for the best price.
Wow that sounds awesome! Does it scan more than auto trader? There is a site called searchtempest that scans all cities of Craigslist but if yours combined multiple sites that would be way cool!

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
There's www.autotempest.com

That aggregates Cars.com, eBay, CarsDirect and oodle into one list. Those sites have APIs where you can query their database and then do stuff with the returned data.

Then it'll give you links to click through Craigslist and AutoTrader. Those sites don't have APIs. It's pretty good and a much more commercial endeavor to what I built.

Mine scrapes the web page that is returned when your browser requests AutoTrader. So it's just AutoTrader right now. I found that almost all dealers have some automated system to list every car they get on AutoTrader with the most basic details at first. So I started there since I would get possible used offerings as well. I was wanting a way to more customize the results I saw and a more granular filtering method.

This method is a grey area of legality. There's nothing to stop me from doing it. It's not wrong to request information on a website. It doesn't know if it's a bot or a person (without looking at meta-data), it's just hitting their database and increasing their traffic/load without getting the benefits of that a normal visitor would be. (display ads to get revenue, promote different tiered listings, show similar matches, etc) So large scale web scraping is frowned upon.

As it is, you have to go to a web page like this http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...rchRadius=1200&trimCodeList=MUST|Shelby GT350

Then you see all your results. But you don't see the details, like VIN or the address. So you have to click on each one and get the details you want. Now that I have the VIN, I can plug it in to windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= to see if Ford has the window sticker available.

So it was a 3 step process for every potential car. I just simplified it to put it all in one location in the order I wanted.

It's not pretty, but works. My personal one has all the features I need, so I thought I would alter it so multiple people could use it albeit with a few less features. There still some breaking bugs in it that I need to squash before opening it up to the public. If there is an interest, I can spend more time on it to get it ready sooner.

Last edited:

jweaver

Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming Soon
I've been using http://uspekh.life/shelby.php

It does an OK job. Someone on these forums made it.

Oh BTW - first time poster, looonngg time lurker. Live in so cal, trying to find a GT350 at MSRP.

The hunt continues...

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Trying to find an R less than 10 over. I know its probably not going to happen but hey you never know. :thumbsup:

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I've been using http://uspekh.life/shelby.php

It does an OK job. Someone on these forums made it.

Oh BTW - first time poster, looonngg time lurker. Live in so cal, trying to find a GT350 at MSRP.

The hunt continues...
How accurate is that? And Iam sure when you call the price is differant. Guess gotta get on the phone tomorrow.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
December does seem to be the month, I got my 17 conv for MSRP and no closing costs. Made an offer and on 12.27.16 they took it. It was out of state and they had notary show up at my house signed the paperwork picked it up two weeks later. Dealer shipped all the paperwork to my local tag office including a check for the taxes. $118.00 later I had my tag. I did pay a $100 title fee for sign at home and send info to tag office along with title work. I think I got good deal.

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Just stopped by dealer to get an air filter and noticed their one Shelby on the floor, non-R with a whopping $27,500 ADM. More SoCal lunacy courtesy of Worthington ford of Long Beach.

It is obvious to me that they do not want to sell this car, strictly eye candy to move other cars. They previously had 2 2016's with 20k adm's that sat for over 6 months into 2017's production. So what do you do when +20 doesn't move the car within the model year? You raise it to +$27,500.

This is why I went out of state to buy.

jweaver

Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming Soon
Just stopped by dealer to get an air filter and noticed their one Shelby on the floor, non-R with a whopping $27,500 ADM. More SoCal lunacy courtesy of Worthington ford of Long Beach.

It is obvious to me that they do not want to sell this car, strictly eye candy to move other cars. They previously had 2 2016's with 20k adm's that sat for over 6 months into 2017's production. So what do you do when +20 doesn't move the car within the model year? You raise it to +$27,500.

This is why I went out of state to buy.
Hey Captain, I'm in the same boat as you (SoCal). Where did you buy, and what was that overall process like? Notary? Did you ship, and did you have to choose the shipper or did the dealer do that?

Thanks, I've been looking around at different options out of state as well =)

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Hey Captain, I'm in the same boat as you (SoCal). Where did you buy, and what was that overall process like? Notary? Did you ship, and did you have to choose the shipper or did the dealer do that?

Thanks, I've been looking around at different options out of state as well =)
I'm another So Cal guy who had to go out of state. Ended up negotiating for an R and securing it at a lower ADM. Papers were sent in the mail no notary necessary. I had to arrange shipping for the car which was about $1,300. Certainly more hassle buying out of state but considering my local dealer wanted $49,000 over for their R and wouldn't go any lower than 45K over it was well worth the money I saved.
Sponsored