Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017

Mustang Trans Cooler is now Released

Now that testing is complete, the Mustang Transmission cooler is in stock and available for purchase. Thank you to everyone who has been following along with our progress on this project, feel free to let us know if you have any questions!
As always, Thanks for reading!
-Sara
Hi, Sara,
could you please give me a valid link ? Thank you.
When trying to look it over, I'm redirected to a mishimoto.eu site where this specific new trans cooler isn't available for the Mustang GT (2015+) .
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hi, Sara,
When trying to look it over, I'm redirected to a mishimoto.eu site where this specific new trans cooler isn't available for the Mustang GT (2015+) .
Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response, I am not entirely sure why you are being redirected to our EU site, but I will talk with our IT team and send you a PM on this ASAP.

-Sara

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Will this fit with a vortech style intercooler?
My guess is yes as the trans cooler only gets taller, not wider or longer and is also sandwiched between the radiator and the AC condenser so it should work on any setup. There is no visible evidence I even changed it. FYI you will need 1.1 quarts of transmission fluid to top it off.

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone ever buy this product?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Any discount for Delaware residents? Looks like i good product dont like the rubber hoses which fail over time! Braided steel line is the way to go!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Instead or being sandwiched in between condenser and radiator, can't the design be reworked so the condenser is located out front of the condenser?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Instead or being sandwiched in between condenser and radiator, can't the design be reworked so the condenser is located out front of the condenser?
It's certainly possible to move the cooler in front of the A/C condenser, but we put ours in the location it's in to leave space for those who choose the route of forced induction for their applications. You'll need that space for larger heat exchangers.

You'll need custom fabricated brackets as well as possible adjustments to the condenser mounts to move it back towards the radiator. I totally get you'd want to see it more to the front of the car, for airflow, but we found it works better for a broader audience and S550 applications to keep in the factory location. Hope this helps answer your question!

-Diamaan

Sponsored

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Hi, Sara,
Sorry if I bother you again. The problem still is the same as it was back in December 2016.

I received a very friendly bla-bla message via pm on March 1st 2017, that told me everything is okay.

Unfortunately, it was not in Decembere 2016, not on 1st of March 2017 and it is still not okay today.

When trying to open the "mishimoto.com" website, any customer from germany is redirected to a "mishimoto.eu" website, that isn't well maintained at all and where the trans cooler kit for the 2015-2017 Mustang GT can't be found let alone be bought.

What a hassle, :doh: sorry, you can pm me that you are "caring about your customers" and all that stuff. Nice words but obviously without any significance, so I will look and buy elsewhere.:headbonk:

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
It sounds like a browser locale issue. Try clearing your cookies and temp files and try again.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hi. After first being told in writing by Mishimoto that the auto trans cooler would fit 2018/19 (update) GT's I was still getting conflicting reports and “it won't fit” advice from Mishimoto's own website and other aftermarket retailers of your products. I asked your technical support again and then received a different “sorry it won’t fit” written response. Quite confusing really. Are you planning on doing a confirmation fit test or modifying the existing design to come up with a product to fit the 2018 (update) onwards GT's? Do you anticipate this happening anytime soon? Thanks

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hi. After first being told in writing by Mishimoto that the auto trans cooler would fit 2018/19 (update) GT's I was still getting conflicting reports and “it won't fit” advice from Mishimoto's own website and other aftermarket retailers of your products. I asked your technical support again and then received a different “sorry it won’t fit” written response. Quite confusing really. Are you planning on doing a confirmation fit test or modifying the existing design to come up with a product to fit the 2018 (update) onwards GT's? Do you anticipate this happening anytime soon? Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately, due to the changes to the front bumper with the 2018+ facelift cars, our oil cooler will unfortunately not be a direct fit for the newer cars. Our production team is currently working with some newer cars to get an updated version together. I apologize for any inconvenience, at the moment. If you'd like to keep up to date with product updates, we recommend subscribing to the Engineering blog at mishimoto.com/engineering to get notified on new Mustang GT components.

As always, if anyone has any questions on any of the parts, you're also welcome to reach out to our team via [email protected] as well.

Thanks,

Mishimoto

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately, due to the changes to the front bumper with the 2018+ facelift cars, our oil cooler will unfortunately not be a direct fit for the newer cars. Our production team is currently working with some newer cars to get an updated version together. I apologize for any inconvenience, at the moment. If you'd like to keep up to date with product updates, we recommend subscribing to the Engineering blog at mishimoto.com/engineering to get notified on new Mustang GT components.

As always, if anyone has any questions on any of the parts, you're also welcome to reach out to our team via [email protected] as well.

Thanks,

Mishimoto
Thanks for the response. I had a look at the engineering blog. I see they just updated the Mustang coyote engine oil cooler to fit the 2018+ update, however unfortunately, a pop up on the Mishimoto AU website says they don’t plan on stocking it locally.

Nothing on the update 18+ auto’ transmission cooler yet so hopefully they’ll be looking at that soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.