Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

AGM2018

I realize the release, and order availability, is upon us. But, I am leaning toward a 2017 GT premium, due to negotiating a better price. I have been offered a 17 GT Premium (silver, auto, black out package, 3.55 gears, rear sensor, navigation and spare tire) for $37,500 Out-The-Door and On-The-Road...everything included. MSRP of the car is: $41,850. Does this seem like a "good deal" or is it still "too high", given that the 2018 model years is going to be available for order in, give or take, a week? Thanks for all of your inputs/comments/advice.
Sponsored

GmbH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Musstang GT premium
34500 OTD for a magnetic 17 GT premium with auto, nav, Enhanced sec pack, and reverse sensing. I'm from SATX but I drove to Houston to get this car. Dealer had it listed for 32700 online. Idiot dealer here in town has GTs listed for 37000

ito717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
I'm from SATX but I drove to Houston to get this car. Dealer had it listed for 32700 online. Idiot dealer here in town has GTs listed for 37000 ��
Im in Albuquerque and having the same problem. Local dealer is giving $3k off MSRP as their best price. Seems like a much better market in Houston or Dallas so I'm planning on going that route.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Ordered this loaded GT Premium that stickers at $47,660, which is due to arrive in mid-October. I'm a bit concerned that since it's a special order and was a "late exception" outside of allocation, that the dealer won't be willing to deal down to $41,000 before TT&L and GAP. Am I being unrealistic to expect them to bring it down to $41k from $47,660?
Screenshot (2).png

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ordered this loaded GT Premium that stickers at $47,660, which is due to arrive in mid-October. I'm a bit concerned that since it's a special order and was a "late exception" outside of allocation, that the dealer won't be willing to deal down to $41,000 before TT&L and GAP. Am I being unrealistic to expect them to bring it down to $41k from $47,660?
Didn't you negotiate and hammer out a deal with the dealer before you said you'd take the order?

Sponsored

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Since it's a build to order they pretty much have you by the balls. Just know their holdback is 3% of MSRP which gets kicked back to them from Ford. You'll need to find out what rebates are available for you which also gets kicked back to the dealer from Ford. With all of this, calculate what he true dealer cost is and work your way up from there.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't you negotiate and hammer out a deal with the dealer before you said you'd take the order?
No, the lateness made it difficult, that the car wouldn't have happened at all if they got an inkling I would prove to be a challenge. Very complicated matter, where it was the first factory order I have ever made anywhere and how one relative kept harping on giving them my business, for his own past "positive" experience and intentions to get an Ecoboost from them too.

Otherwise, I would've taken my business elsewhere in town and negotiated. By the time I heard about issues with my order on June 30th, I wasn't going to play with cancelling this 6/26 order, unless Ford said they wouldn't do it. In the end, it fully went through last week.

I had borrowed a lot of money 2 years ago for both personal and business interests, that I just finished clearing all of my non-automotive debt this month. All have been in good standing, but the only negative on my report in terms of limit vs usage.

I didn't want to negotiate nor order anything until July-August when my report had 5-10% utilization of total available credit and all loans paid, but the June 30th deadline put me in an awkward position and I had to move quickly. I barely decided on solely wanting a Mustang on June 23rd, against Challenger and Charger. I really was not in the market for a new car until August-Sept, when I was forced to order earlier than I anticipated. I couldn't really predict that any dealer would have my exact build after ordering closed, so I acted immediately in late June.

Since it's a build to order they pretty much have you by the balls. Just know their holdback is 3% of MSRP which gets kicked back to them from Ford. You'll need to find out what rebates are available for you which also gets kicked back to the dealer from Ford. With all of this, calculate what he true dealer cost is and work your way up from there.
Thanks, that's what I was trying to identify and work with. X-Plan is good to have, but I didn't realize it's not dealing hard enough in regards to massive depreciation and incoming 2018s.

I feel that since many of you are knocking off money, on even special ordered cars, I would be making a major gaffe to take it at the $43,255 that X-Plan is quoting me with just $2k incentives, which I don't qualify for after October 2nd.

Last edited:

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, so I no have chance in hell getting them to reduce the price?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ask them what kind of discount they can give you. Tell them you see similar Mustangs all over the internet for a big reduced price off of MSRP. If they were going to order the car anyway for their lot, there's no way right now they would get MSRP for it. Too many good deals out there right now on 2017 models.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I ordered my 2017 in May of 2016, told them I'd place the order and them said I was not done negotiating until I drive away. I wanted to follow the market up until I took delivery. The first one was damaged and the got me a new one 60 days later. They fixed my duplicate car and it still sitting on the lot for almost a year. Their advertised price isn't what I paid.

Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
2017 Base GT
Performance Pack
Reverse Sensors

Purchase price was $30,7xx
I don't remember OTD pricing, but the important part was purchase price. I believe MSRP was $37,3xx.

When I get home today and look at my paperwork, I will edit this post with exact figures.
Exact same car.. exact same price. Just can't beat these cars at this price!! Bang for the buck.

abbeynormal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PPGT Magnetic
First post!

Just picked up a 2017 Base PP Magnetic. $35 OTD (tax, fees, etc). Not bad since tax is 8.25% here in Sin City. Cost of car was right at $31,200 including LoJack.

Davez17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
On June 29th I ordered a 2017 GT in lightning blue. It is a no option GT. Sticker was $34,095. Dealer discount was $2,195 (to match another dealers price). That would make it, $31,900, picking it up this afternoon. Now, there is a $2,500 rebate from Ford, and I get a $750 personal rebate form Ford also. That should make it $28650 for a GT. Now tax and title and license very from state to state. Nice to see that a 435 HP GT can be had for under $30k!:thumbsup:

AGM2018

So...I had all but "made up my mind" to custom order a 2018 EB Base; however, with Ford's 0% APR for 72 months or up to $4500 cash back, I have a "tentative agreement" on a 2017 Ingot Silver GT, with auto, black out package, spare wheel, reverse sensing and 3.55 gears. The dealer's offered Out-The-Door and On-The-Road price is: $38,000, using the cash back from Ford and not the 0% for 72 months financing offer. MSRP of the car is: $41,850. I asked for $36,000 as a final OTD/OTR price but, the dealer said 38K is "all in" for them. So....question for everyone...is $38K for this car still too high? I think it is, considering the 18 refresh (the 17's will take a HUGE depreciation hit), money being offered from Ford and the dealership's desire to sell as many cars as possible before the end of the month/end of the current promotion on September 5th. I like the car...and at 36K, I think it would be a good deal. Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions?

rjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
2017 GT Base auto 3.55
$36060 MSRP
$28800 +ttl
Sponsored