Sponsored

Squeaky noise from rear und when backing up or taking off

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Checked my axle nuts already...i know my rear hub bearings are already sloppy(i plan to change those out when i do my gears soon) but im getting a squeaky noise at parking lot speeds when i let off or give it a small amount of gas. Is this the bearings making noise? Cause ive checked all my suspension bolts and they are good
Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Checked my axle nuts already...i know my rear hub bearings are already sloppy(i plan to change those out when i do my gears soon) but im getting a squeaky noise at parking lot speeds when i let off or give it a small amount of gas. Is this the bearings making noise? Cause ive checked all my suspension bolts and they are good
sound just like my problem, kinda clunky? and when its like tilting, but more noticeable when reversing, curious what are your suspension mods? mine are progressives, non adj shocks/struts, and sway bars and irs bushings.

OP
OP
fordguys550

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I have vertical links, bmr lockouts, bmr diff inserts, gt pp shocks, gt toe links, h@r springs

OP
OP
fordguys550

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
If your hearing a click noise its probably your axle nuts have come loose. One of mine did.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Did you figure this out? I have a similar noise at low speeds forward or reverse
:frusty:

Sponsored

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
same noise, sounds like a pop or 1 loud click in reverse or low speed with uneven ground. only got eibach sport lines installed. OCD is off the charts with this and cant figure it out.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
same noise, sounds like a pop or 1 loud click in reverse or low speed with uneven ground. only got eibach sport lines installed. OCD is off the charts with this and cant figure it out.
If it only happens once or only at low speeds turning or backing out, that's your LSD locking up if you have a PP. Every car I've had a Torsen in does that at low speeds turning. Just the nature of that type of lsd.

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If it only happens once or only at low speeds turning or backing out, that's your LSD locking up if you have a PP. Every car I've had a Torsen in does that at low speeds turning. Just the nature of that type of lsd.
It only started after sport lines installed.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Well that's interesting ... I've tried unsuccessfully to fix it and when I went looking for the noise it was coming from up above the cradle somewhere ... impossible to get to.

2 or 3 times now though I've noticed that after going through a touchless car wash, the noise disappears for a few days.
Sponsored