Sponsored

5x114.3 to 5x112

hegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium
Hello everyone. I am looking at getting new wheels for my car but they don't offer them in 5x114.3, the closest they offer is 5x112. in the past I used what's called a variation lug nut to install bmw wheels on my s10 crew cab but that wasn't a performance vehicle. variation lug nuts are designed to allow the seat of the lug nut to move slightly off center and apply safe torque on the wheels so that the wheel studs aren't under any stress aside from directly outward.

I am tempted to use them if I can't figure anything else out but I want to ask the experts here what they would do? maybe if there's interest I can convince them to make the wheels in the correct bolt pattern?

wheels
https://www.radi8wheelsusa.com/r8cm9
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I wouldn't do it. Like you said, an S10 with less than 200hp 4.3 v6 is not a performance vehicle.
And it is my opinion that those might be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen in my life. But I am sure you like them, and that is all that matters.

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I had VWs and Audi's before my S550. I get it. I'm trying to get away from the split 5 look as well.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
The only option here would be to get the wheels in a lower offset and use bolt pattern adapter spacers. We did this to put wheels from my M3 on to a 350Z and they worked fine. Far safer than anything else you could do.

That said, you're better off spending the money on some wheels that fit properly.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
in the past I used what's called a variation lug nut to install bmw wheels on my s10 crew cab but that wasn't a performance vehicle. variation lug nuts are designed to allow the seat of the lug nut to move slightly off center and apply safe torque on the wheels so that the wheel studs aren't under any stress aside from directly outward.
What you're talking about there is going from a 120.65 bolt pattern to a 120.00 bolt pattern, a very small minute change. Using wheels for those 2 bolt patterns independently is fine, I've done so myself running Corvette bolt pattern on a GTO.

However going from a 114.3 to 112.0 is a much more significant difference, and not something I would dare do.

Your only bet is to get wheel adapters that change the bolt pattern, not try to fit 112 wheels on a 114.3 bolt pattern.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Not a possibility to get them drilled?

Also, wow, those are so not appropriate on a Mustang, but to each his own.
Sponsored