Sponsored

Order Rejection?

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I placed an order for a GT Premium PP with 401A on June 26th, on the presumption that ordering closed on June 30th. The sales guy and his manager, told me my order would work just fine and likely arrive in August, so in trusting them I put cash down.

I haven't gotten a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) nor a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA) as of July 12. I understand that COTUS doesn't really process such info for weeks in some cases, but I have been very frustrated with conflicting information coming from different sources.

First, one rep at Ford Marketing tells me that my order "just isn't going to work" on June 30th, after I called with concerns about no more GTs being built (according to a competing dealer in a bordering state I had ceased doing business with).

Not trusting her, I called in again after hearing from my dealer and the second rep at Marketing said that the dates given didn't make sense to him and that I shouldn't worry too much.

When I finally heard from the guy responsible for special ordering, he told me it was a special exception they made for my car, now somewhat echoing what the competing dealer told me.

My question to them is, why the hell did they go and place my order then? Two, why are Ford acting like they are already building 2018s and that my customer order is trying to force them to build an already discontinued model?

The attitude my dealer is taking towards my order being impossible is not convincing, as it isn't my fault they don't have what I want in stock. I am open to other color choices, but just that the car has PP, 401A, and Recaro seats. Can anyone give their piece on this, as I cannot understand why a deadline of June 30th was put out?

Despite that, I am hearing Ford is still accepting orders for V6s+Ecoboosts, yet GTs/V8 Mustangs were discontinued many weeks earlier or are "no longer being built. I was told last week, that Ford has completed the "build out process" for 2017 GTs. Why did they accept my order then on June 26th?
Sponsored

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone willing chime in on this? Or is it just that I am the only person that ordered a GT in June, thus no one has any suggestions? Would really appreciate some help here, thanks.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I think at least you should get the order confirmation from your dealer. Ask them about one since they took your deposit... I got mine next day...

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I'm assuming Ford's priority right now is building all of the upgraded, F150-specific 5.0s it can for installation into the 2018 models.

F150 is the cash cow.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think at least you should get the order confirmation from your dealer. Ask them about one since they took your deposit... I got mine next day...
I have asked them, but they brush past it and behave as if I shouldn't expect this info yet since my order was "an exception" and not yet confirmed. I might go there today and hopefully my order did go through, because if it doesn't, I will forget about it now and wait until the 2021 model. Or I will entirely forget about ever getting a Mustang unfortunately (by 2021 other competitors might be around), since finding a used 2016 with the same options is nearly impossible and I do not want a 2018, especially in how it won't be available for months to come. Thanks for the response accel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I visited yesterday the dealer yesterday and met the rather dismissive inventory manager. He seemed taken aback regarding me knowing so much compared to him and seemed more interested in putting me in a 2018 or a new Raptor.

I called him back today, for him to claim my order wasn't picked up and that it was because Ford isn't building anymore V8s. Such BS. As someone that has been Ford loyal for years with my Focus ST and SVT Raptor, I am beginning to seriously reconsider buying one. I tried to beat the June 30th deadline, (that this inventory manager refuses to confirm and plays ignorant about) by ordering on June 26th.

Throughout this ordeal, only my salesman has been accommodating and doing the most he could. Everyone else at the dealer has acted as if am pulling their teeth. I am studying another alternative, regarding another dealer with existing allocations.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
July 19, 2017 Update

I am now hearing that the original dealer that I placed my order with is now saying that they can possibly have it accepted by Ford at this point if I come back and place a $500 deposit again by today or tomorrow.

After hearing some bad news on Friday late-afternoon I came in to get my deposit back from them and was told to come back the next day due to closing times. On Saturday, I had to somewhat angrily demand my deposit back, when I started hearing excuses and being told to come back on Monday, to this dealer 25 minutes away from my residence.

Yesterday, the money was returned to my account. Since Friday morning, I have been working a further away dealership (35 minutes), that promised to alter one of their remaining 2017 GT allocations to reflect my build configuration for a GT Premium 401A manual.

Problem is, they are still waiting to see if Ford will accept their changes in my favor. They have yet to demand a deposit from me.

Three hours ago, I was called by the previous dealer's inventory manager, that says Ford is having a change of heart and want to pick up my order. I told them I will be in touch and see what can be done.

I have delayed on the basis, to see if my new dealer can still turn their existing allocation into my order by tomorrow and avoid going to back to the other dealer as much as possible.

I am wondering if there is some BS going on here, on the part of the previous dealer, that has them trying to get me into a 2018 or non-matching build down the road?

I am going in armed with paperwork that has them agreeing that my deposit must be refunded, if the vehicle is not a 2017 or my build configuration is not 100% met. Will this work? Should I wait for the new dealer to hear from Ford, as against trusting the old one?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I did not hsve issues like you did, bur cancelled my order due to lack of progress in 1.5 months (no vin). Also, I found the car at other dealer's lot that had 95% features I wanted. So I bought it.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not hsve issues like you did, bur cancelled my order due to lack of progress in 1.5 months (no vin). Also, I found the car at other dealer's lot that had 95% features I wanted. So I bought it.
Congratulations accel, glad you found mostly what you were looking for. Is there anything you had to compromise on? Unfortunate that you heard nothing after all this time.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Congratulations accel, glad you found mostly what you were looking for. Is there anything you had to compromise on? Unfortunate that you heard nothing after all this time.
Thank you.

I didn't get ceramic interior. I wanted it cause it's fancier and also I have a dog with whitish hair... so it wouldn't be asvnoticeable as at black interior :)
But the interior would not be completely ceramic.... especially in the rear. So I though I'd need seat covers anyways.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sounds like an awful lot of BS to me. Does your dealer even know how to place an order???

I had a DORA when I left the dealer, and a VIN in about a week or so after that.....something seems odd.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Sounds like an awful lot of BS to me. Does your dealer even know how to place an order???

I had a DORA when I left the dealer, and a VIN in about a week or so after that.....something seems odd.
+1.

However, there must be something special going on in connection with 2018my.

Back in may/june I contacted a lot of dealers in 50 mi radius asking to place a 2017my factory order and NONE of them was eager to work on that. None. They all preferred to work on cars they had on lots. Some of them responded but with less than optimal price quote, I guess just to loose me.

Finally I went to my local dealer in person and only that way I was able to place factory order. I started talking about cars they had, negotiated the price and then based on the fact they did not have the exact car I wanted talked them into a factory order. They did and gave me factory order confirmation receipt several days later, but I guess they lowered order's priority after that.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

I didn't get ceramic interior. I wanted it cause it's fancier and also I have a dog with whitish hair... so it wouldn't be asvnoticeable as at black interior :)
But the interior would not be completely ceramic.... especially in the rear. So I though I'd need seat covers anyways.
That's really too bad, but I can see why you might the choice you did. Better a color issue than equipment.

Pretty much how I felt. Only got an order code 4 days later on the 30th, then rejection on the 14th. Now saying they can do it, the very day after my deposit was entirely refunded.

IDK, especially after hearing something else in another thread regarding dealer 2017 GT allocation.

Ford is telling us dealers (in this week's commodities report) that '17 Mustangs with the 5.0L V8 (GT's) and also GT's with the Performance Pkg will not be scheduled for the balance of the model year unless it is a retail order (order type 1 with a customer's name on the order). Perhaps your dealer ordered your car for dealer stock (order type 2). Ask them for a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) to see what order type they chose.

Additionally, even if your dealer ordered it correctly, perhaps they do not have any Mustang allocation left for 2017's (for example, I've already run out of 2017 Mustang allocation so I can't get any more scheduled). If this is the case, your dealer's Ford Zone Rep can likely move an allocation from another dealer within your dealer's zone to cover your order, but your dealer has to know to ask for it. A quick email to the Ford scheduler is helpful, as well, and I've had good luck talking directly with the Ford scheduler assigned to my region.
+1.

However, there must be something special going on in connection with 2018my.

Back in may/june I contacted a lot of dealers in 50 mi radius asking to place a 2017my factory order and NONE of them was eager to work on that. None. They all preferred to work on cars they had on lots. Some of them responded but with less than optimal price quote, I guess just to loose me.

Finally I went to my local dealer in person and only that way I was able to place factory order. I started talking about cars they had, negotiated the price and then based on the fact they did not have the exact car I wanted talked them into a factory order. They did and gave me factory order confirmation receipt several days later, but I guess they lowered order's priority after that.
I pretty much had a dumb relative recommend I do business with this dealer group that shafted me once regarding a different brand very recently, simply because of good rapport with a single salesman (his oblivion has not helped). I hate everyone else there, based on customer service experience.

Only just to get my order done, will I consider anyone at this point.

A dealer in an adjacent state, right out the gate said they couldn't order one for me and required a high deposit. The one closest to me, where I have serviced my vehicles, put themselves on my shitlist recently, but were my first choice in June.

This one near our main airport, are one of the oldest Ford dealerships locally, whom the original order was placed with and rejected, are trying to get me to restart my order.

The dealership further away from me, are waiting to hear from Ford and would've been my first choice, if not for that less than sensible relative. They are trying to change a dealer ordered vehicle into my higher-spec configuration.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's done! On my way back to leave my deposit.
Screenshot_20170720-115958.jpg
Sponsored