MT82 + RXT Poll

How Long Has Your MT82 + RXT Lasted?

• Total voters

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I want to see how long your MT82 + RXT combos have been living.

I am starting to sense a band wagon theory on the RXT clutch breaking the MT82. I am only aware of one professional source (Ben Calimer) who has openly confirmed the RXT to be a route cause of a lot of MT82 failures. I want to see what people are really seeing.
Just crossed 3k on RXT w MT82 and BOOM, 4th gear gone. Boosted car, not tracked. Barely even driven.
Know another person same set up as me, 2k on RXT w MT82 and also 4th gear gone about a weeks ago.

WTF!
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Just crossed 3k on RXT w MT82 and BOOM, 4th gear gone. Boosted car, not tracked. Barely even driven.
Know another person same set up as me, 2k on RXT w MT82 and also 4th gear gone about a weeks ago.

WTF!
Welcome to the club!
Learn from my mistake and dont do the same thing twice.
Ditch the RXT or the MT82...I chose the MT82.

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Welcome to the club!
Learn from my mistake and dont do the same thing twice.
Ditch the RXT or the MT82...I chose the MT82.
For Anyone that stayed with MT82 after failure, what clutch did you go with instead of RXT?

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm I seeing this right RXT clutch has no damper springs in clutch discs. If that's true I can see why it's hard on transmission

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I'm I seeing this right RXT clutch has no damper springs in clutch discs. If that's true I can see why it's hard on transmission
Its a ceramic and off/on type of clutch...no give.
As long you are at the 700rwhp or less I think most are running the RST which is a organic dual disc.
The other thing to consider is a CF driveshaft if you stay with the RXT.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Once I pulley swap I'll be in the 750 range, have an RXT waiting to go in. We will see if it's really the clutch that kills the tranny or the driving style.

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like I said... I had mine for almost 20k miles with brutal driving along with daily driven miles intermixed. I still have the RXT with an MT82 with cryo-treated gears. The original MT82 in it had seen over 300 track passes and 26k(18k with the RXT) miles before 3rd gear shredding to pieces which I believe mainly occurred due to oil starvation from not overfilling the trans. So far 3k miles with the build trans at over 750 rwhp, soon I should be making closer to 850whp, we'll see how it holds up.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I drove a buddies with a Mantic. He blew up his with an Rxt but runs a Qa1 CF driveshaft, which doesn't shock the drivetrain as much as Aluminum units. He's also a bias ply car. He's had the mantic for about 10k now and hundreds of passes at the track. His car runs a Procharger f1a94 dialed on the lowest boost pulley currently. Personally the Mantic feels better over his Rxt.

How many of you with the aluminum driveshaft are usong radials instead of bias ply? Radials add to drivetrain shock, not just shocking the axles.

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I drove a buddies with a Mantic. He blew up his with an Rxt but runs a Qa1 CF driveshaft. He's had the mantic for about 10k now. Personally the Mantic feels better over his Rxt.
I'm sure it does, but the Mantic is really pricey.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I drove a buddies with a Mantic. He blew up his with an Rxt but runs a Qa1 CF driveshaft, which doesn't shock the drivetrain as much as Aluminum units. He's also a bias ply car. He's had the mantic for about 10k now and hundreds of passes at the track. His car runs a Procharger f1a94 dialed on the lowest boost pulley currently. Personally the Mantic feels better over his Rxt.

How many of you with the aluminum driveshaft are usong radials instead of bias ply? Radials add to drivetrain shock, not just shocking the axles.
Looking back I didn't make clear, per my suggestion he switched to Mantic, slicks and a CF shaft after using an aluminum unit and radials with the Rxt. For the time being he swapped in another stock mt82 and eventually swapping in a built tr6060 after he builds his engine.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Like I said... I had mine for almost 20k miles with brutal driving along with daily driven miles intermixed. I still have the RXT with an MT82 with cryo-treated gears. The original MT82 in it had seen over 300 track passes and 26k(18k with the RXT) miles before 3rd gear shredding to pieces which I believe mainly occurred due to oil starvation from not overfilling the trans. So far 3k miles with the build trans at over 750 rwhp, soon I should be making closer to 850whp, we'll see how it holds up.
That's what I like to hear. And yes, the mantic is expensive compared to the RXT. I picked mine up on the cheap from someone who ended up not putting it in. Just waiting for the stocker to start to slip.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
After killing 3rd gear in mine (clutch went in the car Nov 16..3rd gear left the building middle of June 17)...i spoke with ben calimer and went with his recommendation of the Exedy stage 3 with a warranty rebuilt trans...no special parts used
Sponsored