GT350 FORScan Tweaks

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Do me a favor then, switch the F back to 3, and see if the fake sounds come back or if they remain off. In theory, the only thing you should have to change is the A to 8 to disable the fake sounds, as it should be tied in with the ANC, but it doesn't appear to work properly on the EB cars.
Sure I can do that. I am going to run with this code for a few days though to make sure I get use to it so I can hopefully easily tell if there is a difference or not. I have tried the 3808 in the past and couldn't notice a difference from the stock code 3A08, we will see.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Sure I can do that. I am going to run with this code for a few days though to make sure I get use to it so I can hopefully easily tell if there is a difference or not. I have tried the 3808 in the past and couldn't notice a difference from the stock code 3A08, we will see.
Thanks for doing the grunt work Ryan. Please try to describe the qualitative differences with the fake sound off. Great work :thumbsup:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Thanks for doing the grunt work Ryan. Please try to describe the qualitative differences with the fake sound off. Great work :thumbsup:
To make this objective I am going to use a sound analyzer in the car to try and record the different sounds with different ACM 727-01-01 codes, both dB monitoring as well as pitch... we will see. I realize my prior comment of "I have excellent hearing" in post #624 is ridiculous.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Well, if it's anything like the EB, you don't need to have excellent hearing to be able to tell the difference. I was never able to get any FORScan tweaks to remove the fake sounds, and I kept listening real close to see if I could tell a difference. After installing the FP Tune, it was night and day difference inside the car. Even my wife who has mild tinnitus pointed out how quiet the car was after it was disabled.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
All, I was hoping i could get a little help. I would like to add the trans temp display. I can not figure out how to. I think I am missing a step I bought the BT adapter and OBD linkMX. I have FORscan and have a license. Forscan told me what car i had so i know it is kind of working. Please see the quick screen shots i took what am I doing wrong here? Thank you for your help.

[/url]20170715_123636 by ldp82, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20170715_123356 by ldp82, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20170715_123349 by ldp82, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
First click the steering wheel with the question mark in the middle at the bottom left to confirm you have the extended license.
If you do, then you can click the individual modules in your second pic (APIM, etc) and then click the blue play button on the bottom, make desired changes (as long as you have the extended license), follow any instructions given such as cycle key off and on (always ENGINE OFF). Then click the stop button and click the disconnect button in your first pic it is at the bottom and looks like a plug (unplugged). Always write down your original codes in case you want to switch back or make an error and something doesn't work right.
And see if this helps:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1506523#post1506523

Last edited:

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Next after verifying u have license click on the computer chip, third from the bottom just under the wrench.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys, just got it working!

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rb92gt. your write up is a godsend!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
β€˜17 Ruby red GT350
So in my case for fake sound on my poverty pack GT350, it should read:
stock 727-01-01-------D800-2A00-0032 ON
Disable should be: D800-2800-0032 OFF

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So in my case for fake sound on my poverty pack GT350, it should read:
stock 727-01-01-------D800-2A00-0032 ON
Disable should be: D800-2800-0032 OFF
yes, it's also possible it could be xxxx E8xx xxxx, investigating whether front & rear speaker detection plays any role in the fake sounds.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=26415]solodogg[/MENTION] maybe a silly question: what is "front and rear speaker detection"? Is this something that we should also investigate in our EcoBoost? Sorry for asking this in the GT350 Forscan thread, but I just read it here. I will take it to the main As-Built if this has an application in the EcoBoost.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
To make this objective I am going to use a sound analyzer in the car to try and record the different sounds with different ACM 727-01-01 codes, both dB monitoring as well as pitch... we will see. I realize my prior comment of "I have excellent hearing" in post #624 is ridiculous.
So unfortunately the difference is so subtle in the GT350 (mine at least) that I could not obtain useful objective information with a sound spectrum (frequency) analyzer and dB meter. So many variables, even when I tried to eliminate as many as possible, i.e. car fully warmed up with engine oil at 205 degrees, A/C off, Seat heater/cooler off, radio volume all the way down, same road with no traffic, same speed, same engine RPM, same gear, sport exhaust setting. I tried all three codes 1801 3A08 008B (factory setting), 1801 F808 0049, and 1801 3808 0089, and was unable to successfully obtain objective data.

Now, with my ears: I can subjectively say the F808 code seemed to diminish sound the most, but 3808 did have a very subtle difference. The tone didn't seem to change at all, only a little muted compared to the stock 3A08 code. Interestingly enough the change was most noticeable with the windows OPEN while traveling at 65mph in 5th gear with cruise control on to stabilize the noise, then press accelerator all the way to the floor (Can't test in 6th gear as the exhaust baffles close and it is too quiet to notice anything). I definitely like the exhaust sound best with the stock 3A08 code. Can't really see why anyone would want it more quiet (which is the only difference I could hear) unless you upgrade your stereo and strange sounds happen due to the factory 3A08 noise canceling/sound enhancement, or your wife is bitching at you because it's too loud. The sound is definitely not "fake" as it sounds identical in tone.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yeah, I don't see why you folks would like to change the sound of your GT350's! They sound fantastic!

This thing is more relevant to the EcoBoost because the ANC, if not deactivated, interferes with new exhaust systems and sometimes there is drone. I have seen a big difference when I deactivated the ANC after installing the MBRPs!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
[MENTION=26415]solodogg[/MENTION] maybe a silly question: what is "front and rear speaker detection"? Is this something that we should also investigate in our EcoBoost? Sorry for asking this in the GT350 Forscan thread, but I just read it here. I will take it to the main As-Built if this has an application in the EcoBoost.
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what it does. Since that was the only setting that was changed other than the ANC setting, I was curious if that somehow played a role in the production of the fake sounds.

With that said, after installing the FP tune on my eco, the only change the tune made was A to 8, which I had also attempted before the tune. So I still say this only disables ANC (which explains the very slight difference in sound) and not the fake sounds, which I believe are somehow PCM controlled. So the only real reason to make this setting change is if you plan on adding aftermarket Amos and speakers that ANC could mess with.
Sponsored