Sponsored

Need Some Help Guys; Links to Some Parts

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Need a little assistance on finding some odds and ends for the car. Looked everywhere local and nada. Online can't find what I need either without second guessing myself on fit.

1) 1/4 spacers to install my strut tower brace

2) Replacement hose/lines for my passenger side oil catch can (Will cut to fit)

3) Recommendations on 1 inch wheel spacers (so many at different prices, don't want to spend an arm and leg and don't want to get a crappy set. These are new to me)

I know I could post in different sections of the forum, but I need my V6 brethren opinions!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
You can use washers as spacers since technically they don't exist.

For the strut mount nut you can go to your local dealer and they might just give you one.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I have gotten stuff from the local store, but none of stores carry the 1/4 inch spacer/washer that has a larger enough diameter center hole to fit on the mounting bolts. I am also using a double locking nut setup currently on the strut tower bolt that was stripped. Looking for the OEM replacment. I am OCD about these things, lol.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how low your Vortland (sp?) springs took you in the rear, but I'd be careful with the 1in spacers for the rear at least. I'm thinking I might go down from 25mm to 20mm for my rears because it is just a little too close for comfort. I didn't have any issues with my grandpa riding with me yesterday that I could tell, but it could be too much if I have anything in the back too.

Here's some pics of it with the stock V6 wheels.
IMG_20171025_180604.jpg
IMG_20171025_180611.jpg
IMG_20171025_180622.jpg
IMG_20171025_180628.jpg
IMG_20171025_180802.jpg
IMG_20171025_180820.jpg
IMG_20171025_180823.jpg

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I don't know how low your Vortland (sp?) springs took you in the rear, but I'd be careful with the 1in spacers for the rear at least. I'm thinking I might go down from 25mm to 20mm for my rears because it is just a little too close for comfort. I didn't have any issues with my grandpa riding with me yesterday that I could tell, but it could be too much if I have anything in the back too.

Here's some pics of it with the stock V6 wheels.
the drop is 1.3 and the wheel gap is still very visible. I actually was a bit disappointed, it did drop though and it is noticeable. springs need to settle some more I hope. plus I am running 18s and my tires are tall at 255 45. those will get swapped soon with 275 40.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you're riding the bumpstops? Mine came down some more when I replaced them with the Steeda adjustable ones. 1.3 is the same as the Sportlines so you should be looking pretty similar to mine (maybe even tighter because 1in rim difference is ~25mm bigger there and only 10mm less on the tire itself).

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Any chance you're riding the bumpstops? Mine came down some more when I replaced them with the Steeda adjustable ones. 1.3 is the same as the Sportlines so you should be looking pretty similar to mine (maybe even tighter because 1in rim difference is ~25mm bigger there and only 10mm less on the tire itself).
checked them also. just one side is issue too.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try out the 20s as soon as they come in and decide at that point whether I'll keep em or not, but most likely because the 25 up front fits perfect to me.

They also have a 4 pack of the 20mm for about $90 I think it was.

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Need a little assistance on finding some odds and ends for the car. Looked everywhere local and nada. Online can't find what I need either without second guessing myself on fit.

1) 1/4 spacers to install my strut tower brace

2) Replacement upper strut mount nut (one of three that holds the strut mount in place)

3) Replacement hose/lines for my passenger side oil catch can (Will cut to fit)

4) Recommendations on 1inch wheel spacers (so many at different prices, don't want to spend an arm and leg and don't want to get a crappy set. These are new to me)

I know I could post in different sections of the forum, but I need my V6 brethren opinions!
I've had my strut brace installed for 2 1/2 years with no issues. You have 2 ways to install it.

File down the fin on the intake top that hits the strut brace or you can use 1/4" rubber washers which I used.

If any part of the strut brace set on the intake you will have a loud hormatic sound.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I've had my strut brace installed for 2 1/2 years with no issues. You have 2 ways to install it.

File down the fin on the intake top that hits the strut brace or you can use 1/4" rubber washers which I used.

If any part of the strut brace set on the intake you will have a loud hormatic sound.
I understand what you can use, what I am looking for is link to purchase what u used. I haven't been able to find anything local to test fit on the bolts. Online is too ambiguous and I don't want to order paper weights cause of fitment issues.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Good news. It's fixed. I had a slipping strut mount nut. Applied loctite, hit it with impact wrench, which I had previously done, but without the loctite. Now it's gone. We are all good.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
You can use washers as spacers since technically they don't exist.

For the strut mount nut you can go to your local dealer and they might just give you one.
They tried to charge me 10.00 for one! Lol. I was able to find one today though off Tasca. I swear I had looked there before...i feel like an idiot. :doh:
Sponsored