Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
That's the big knock I've heard on the ZO6 is that it has too much power for the chassis. It's dangerous to drive with the nannies turned off. Motor Trend even called it "unfinished".
As a Z06 owner I wouldn't recommend driving with the nannies off, but I mean how many cars over 550+ hp and RWD are real safe with all nannies off!!! It is however very difficult to put power down when temperatures are sub 60's you just can't get enough heat in the tires and gain traction. I feel if this next halo mustang is 750+ and RWD it'll be the same or worse. It'll be great when you can go to a well prepped drag strip but for normal driving it'll just be way over kill for the chassis.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
As a Z06 owner I wouldn't recommend driving with the nannies off, but I mean how many cars over 550+ hp and RWD are real safe with all nannies off!!! It is however very difficult to put power down when temperatures are sub 60's you just can't get enough heat in the tires and gain traction. I feel if this next halo mustang is 750+ and RWD it'll be the same or worse. It'll be great when you can go to a well prepped drag strip but for normal driving it'll just be way over kill for the chassis.

exactly. The Demon will also be one of those cars that you just can't put the power down until you get the tires hot on a prepped track. The one thing it does having going for it, is its heavy...so that helps on the street. More weight on them rear tires. They could be 4' wide tires and it still wouldn't get great traction. Hell, a 550 hp AWD would probably eat it up on the street 95% of the time, same goes for any higher HP RWD in sub 70 degree weather.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Is your C7Z on MPSC2's? I heard R888 tires are great for high hp cars (600+ hp). Only down side is they are noisy. But that wouldnt matter if the C7Z is cammed and exhaust!

I would be running MPSC2 tires as well if I wasnt tracking the car and it was just for weekend warrior duties.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Is your C7Z on MPSC2's? I heard R888 tires are great for high hp cars (600+ hp). Only down side is they are noisy. But that wouldnt matter if the C7Z is cammed and exhaust!

I would be running MPSC2 tires as well if I wasnt tracking the car and it was just for weekend warrior duties.

I have my stock rims on super sports which are really good for daily use and light track. Then I have a second set of rims with sport cups 2 that I use during summer and they'll be used on the track. When they are done I'll look into the R888. The problem is I'm running stick size rims and it's hard to find tires that fit.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
exactly. The Demon will also be one of those cars that you just can't put the power down until you get the tires hot on a prepped track. The one thing it does having going for it, is its heavy...so that helps on the street. More weight on them rear tires. They could be 4' wide tires and it still wouldn't get great traction. Hell, a 550 hp AWD would probably eat it up on the street 95% of the time, same goes for any higher HP RWD in sub 70 degree weather.
Exactly. I'm hoping they can engineer an awesome AWD car that can put the power down but when moved to a different mode (like track) it'll have RWD characteristics, like putting 90% power to rear wheels. I know it'll add a 115 pounds or so but I think it would produce a much better overall car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This car should have STREET presence. NOBODY would F around with a 700HP AWD mustang... NOBODY...and if they did, they would be toast. 4,000 LBS 700HP AWD...would be an automatic win everytime on the street. Maybe a T stands a chance, but still, theirs is AWD, it just comes down to weight, tires and HP. Sure, there are built AWD cars that MIGHT hand it to you, but thats about it.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This car should have STREET presence. NOBODY would F around with a 700HP AWD mustang... NOBODY...and if they did, they would be toast. 4,000 LBS 700HP AWD...would be an automatic win everytime on the street. Maybe a T stands a chance, but still, theirs is AWD, it just comes down to weight, tires and HP. Sure, there are built AWD cars that MIGHT hand it to you, but thats about it.
There are a lot of 2wd cars on the road that would smoke a 4,000 lb 700hp AWD car unless your referring to strictly factory stock cars.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
There are a lot of 2wd cars on the road that would smoke a 4,000 lb 700hp AWD car unless your referring to strictly factory stock cars.
I hear you, but yeah, this is about what the company makes, not what mods you can do to the car you buy from Ford.

Now imagine that 755hp AWD near 4,000 lb car modded... :cheers:

It would be pretty dang awesome.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe on a hot day (like 70 F or higher) there are a very few 2WD cars that might edge out a 4,000 lb 700HP AWD car. Or on a prepped track yes 2WD can also win then you are talking completely different and there are a lot of 1/4 mile vehicles that are quick. 2WD will do better on a prepped track and into triple digit speeds.

0-30 or 0-60 - completely legal hitting it off the line on the street in cool weather there are very few nearly zero 2WD vehicles that will "smoke" an AWD anything - 700 hp or not. Only exception is mid or rear engine exotics. Even a 400 HP AWD vehicle will win in most typical stoplight situations versus a front engine rear drive typical 2WD vehicle. If it doesn't win it will be super close. It's much more likely the 2WD vehicle loses traction and gets smoked.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Maybe on a hot day (like 70 F or higher) there are a very few 2WD cars that might edge out a 4,000 lb 700HP AWD car. Or on a prepped track yes 2WD can also win then you are talking completely different and there are a lot of 1/4 mile vehicles that are quick. 2WD will do better on a prepped track and into triple digit speeds.

0-30 or 0-60 - completely legal hitting it off the line on the street in cool weather there are very few nearly zero 2WD vehicles that will "smoke" an AWD anything - 700 hp or not. Only exception is mid or rear engine exotics. Even a 400 HP AWD vehicle will win in most typical stoplight situations versus a front engine rear drive typical 2WD vehicle. If it doesn't win it will be super close. It's much more likely the 2WD vehicle loses traction and gets smoked.
If your talking stock for stock and from a dig sure, but there are lots and lots modified street cars that would run it down and trounce it. 700hp AWD 4,000 lbs gets you up to current hellcat and Zo6's performance give or take a few percentage points.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If your talking stock for stock and from a dig sure, but there are lots and lots modified street cars that would run it down and trounce it. 700hp AWD 4,000 lbs gets you up to current hellcat and Zo6's performance give or take a few percentage points.
I don't agree they will run it down - not inside legal speed limits on the street. Most likely not even on a hot day on a fresh asphalt surface - the best non-prepped street you could imagine.

If you are talking about running on a 1/4 mile prepped track and into 3 digit speeds - yes you are right - there are lots and lots of modified vehicles that might catch it and walk away. And if you include crazy tube chassis big tire stuff as street cars there are a lot of those that would beat it - maybe even on the street. But those cars have zero resemblance to a stock vehicle.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I don't agree they will run it down - not inside legal speed limits on the street. Most likely not even on a hot day on a fresh asphalt surface - the best non-prepped street you could imagine.

If you are talking about running on a 1/4 mile prepped track and into 3 digit speeds - yes you are right - there are lots and lots of modified vehicles that might catch it and walk away. And if you include crazy tube chassis big tire stuff as street cars there are a lot of those that would beat it - maybe even on the street. But those cars have zero resemblance to a stock vehicle.
I never really understand why people would compare a factory stock car to a modified one. But even then I can't think of many rwd cars that are lightly modified that would win in a 1/4 mile let alone a 1/2 . Yes, they could win a rollrace, but that usually comes down to who has the better power to weight. I think if they do a halo Stang it'll produce at least 740+ hp and man if it had AWD and they could keep the weight around 4,000 lbs or less that would be a bad ass car. Closes comparison I can think of is a GT-R which does 0-60 in 2.9 and a 1/4 in 10.9-11.1 and that's with a mere 545hp and 465tq, and its maybe 100 lbs less. And it's still a very good track car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not only that but with AWD your gonna be very consistent. With 750 HP AWD... mid 10's all day long. Neck snapping 0-60's. Would be a quick machine, especially with a bit of mods

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:tsk::rant:i will be glad when FORD comes out with the new cobra so it will stop this AWD insanity
Sponsored