Sponsored

Brake cooling duct project has begun

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
So out of curiosity - do you have a need for additional cooling ? Did you experienced fade ?
If you run this car on a road course at any close to serious pace Everything needs cooling! I just spent the weekend at Mid Ohio and have the Full Tilt Boogie front setup which uses the front fog lamp openings and while having no fade issues with CT XP24 pads and SRF fluid the heat these cars generate is enormous. I have temp issues with the diff, (warning comes on 20 minutes into a 30 min session like clockwork, rear brake pads (CT XP12) wore out after 2 1/2 track days, and the heat coming off the rotors and wheels after the sessions was visible waves. Front pads are good for 4 days, maybe 5. Underhood temps are also very high, a vented hood is almost a necessity for both cooling and aero.

cop on my back has done a really nice job putting this together.
Sponsored

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
If you run this car on a road course at any close to serious pace Everything needs cooling! I just spent the weekend at Mid Ohio and have the Full Tilt Boogie front setup which uses the front fog lamp openings and while having no fade issues with CT XP24 pads and SRF fluid the heat these cars generate is enormous. I have temp issues with the diff, (warning comes on 20 minutes into a 30 min session like clockwork, rear brake pads (CT XP12) wore out after 2 1/2 track days, and the heat coming off the rotors and wheels after the sessions was visible waves. Front pads are good for 4 days, maybe 5. Underhood temps are also very high, a vented hood is almost a necessity for both cooling and aero.

cop on my back has done a really nice job putting this together.
Agree with everything said-!
edit: I love the stock hood look, but needs may be to have to move to heat extractor if other things do not add up to mas coolio

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
any of you guys have experience with the hood heat extractor kits that fit in the same place as stock (Roush, Scott Drake, Trufiber)? I wonder if they are really any more effective at removing heat and additional air pressure from a high-flow grill.

Would love to not have to pony up for a full hood replacement on a new car...

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Grill is almost done. I will have the parts home this weekend and finish the install, pics to follow. Didn't turn out quite as good as I hoped, but considering the angles and curves of the factory grill, the apprentice did a great job.

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
sitting on edge of seat!!

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The ducts will be glued to the grill with black Sikaflex. Because of the curves they weren't able to have the duct opening the same size as the grill opening and results in a bit of a flat face as you will see in the pics

Here are the 2 parts
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored