Sponsored

Undercarriage of car painted?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Was fitting my sway bars a few weeks ago and noticed there is a layer of black paint all over everything. LCAs, exhaust and the diff are almost completely covered in black paint. US cars look nice and clean and have seen the diff covers on some US cars develop surface rust. Is this undercarriage painting something done only to rest of world cars or maybe something brought in on the later S550s?
Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Rust protection for the boat ride

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
It took me a while to notice but the overspray from the incredibly crap job of spraying under the car is all over the wheels! Luckily in my case very little made the body. I'm thinking about asking ford to clean it off! Clay bars aren't cheap and life's short!

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It took me a while to notice but the overspray from the incredibly crap job of spraying under the car is all over the wheels! Luckily in my case very little made the body. I'm thinking about asking ford to clean it off! Clay bars aren't cheap and life's short!
Ford wont touch it.

Its rust protection apparently. I got mine redone by Ford under warranty.

Sponsored

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Ford wont touch it.

Its rust protection apparently. I got mine redone by Ford under warranty.
Hi Copie I didn't word it very well, I meant get the overspray mess off of the wheels not the mess under the car. Most of that will come off when I replace the exhaust! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Hmm, thanks for confirming my thoughts everyone. Porsche use a product called Cosmoline to protect their RoW cars which is also a bit messy, but not to the extent of what's on the GT. There are dry droops of paint hanging off areas of the subframe. It's quite clear that this is a 2 minute job carried out right as the car is rolled off the line. There is probably overspray too.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It's done at the docks during export procedures (they also apply the plastic wrap)
Sponsored