HR405 is here, the verdict is...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I did the Steeda front brace on my Track Pack - it made a significant improvement. Front end feels much more planted and responsive.
I forgot I did put this on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
Another E36 M3 brother, nice. But yes, few cars even today come close to the 'feel' of a fresh E36 M3.
Yes for sure, and 'fresh' being the key word. A slightly modded and well setup E36 M3 is heaven. I chose the GT350 over the M2 because BMW has lost their way. Both having the same steering feel (or lack there), I'd rather have the GT350 dynamics and a voodoo any day of the week.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Beautiful car!!! Congrats and enjoy it in good health! :cheers:

I too once owned an E36 M3. It's been so long since I've had that car, I can't even make a comparison to the GT350.

I will say this, my car prior to the E36 was '93 RX-7 R1 (FD) twin turbo. Compared to the RX-7, the M3 was heavy and I was actually a little disappointed with the M3 when I took delivery. My car prior to the GT350 was and still is a Porsche 911 (997) Carrera S, which is fairly lighter than the GT350. Yet, I find the GT350 to be more satisfying in almost every respect, except perhaps the steering feel. The modern electronic systems just can't match (yet) the best "old school" analog feel steering systems of yesteryear.

Sponsored

OP
OP

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
Beautiful car!!! Congrats and enjoy it in good health! :cheers:

I too once owned an E36 M3. It's been so long since I've had that car, I can't even make a comparison to the GT350.

I will say this, my car prior to the E36 was '93 RX-7 R1 (FD) twin turbo. Compared to the RX-7, the M3 was heavy and I was actually a little disappointed with the M3 when I took delivery. My car prior to the GT350 was and still is a Porsche 911 (997) Carrera S, which is fairly lighter than the GT350. Yet, I find the GT350 to be more satisfying in almost every respect, except perhaps the steering feel. The modern electronic systems just can't match (yet) the best "old school" analog feel steering systems of yesteryear.
I agree in that I'm sure someone coming from a 964 or earlier Porsche would complain that the an E36 is vague by their standards. In the end it is all relative, the E36 just happens to be the current comparison. Compared to almost every other modern car, the 350 has much better feel.

I'm glad to hear your thoughts on the 997 vs the 350. I thought of getting a 997 but went with the 350 instead. I am still stunned every time I drive the 350 how amazingly compliant the ride is in normal mode yet how capable it is in the track settings. Technology has brought us some great things in cars, now if they can just catch up on the EPS. :)

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Might want to check out the Jacking Rails also.

OP
OP

teamsketch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R
Any suggestions on best tire pressure for the street to prevent tramlining on the Cup2s? It came from the factory at 39, aired it down to 32 per the door card. I think that made it much worse but not sure.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I found my tramlining was almost gone after a few miles on the tires - and I added a few lbs of air - ran 34.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Luckily, I have pretty decent roads and have not really dealt with much tramm. However!!! the groves I have found, tires follow. HARD!!! 2 hands at all time. When I picked the car up it had 39psi on each corner. Felt much less tram but the ride was horrendous!!!! Much better with the 32PSI.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Luckily, I have pretty decent roads and have not really dealt with much tramm. However!!! the groves I have found, tires follow. HARD!!! 2 hands at all time. When I picked the car up it had 39psi on each corner. Felt much less tram but the ride was horrendous!!!! Much better with the 32PSI.
I get it really bad on the regular 295/305 PSS on the tar snakes, especially when they get hot and gooey. That's about the only time it gets really bad. That or ruts, but those suck in almost any car you are in.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Beauty ... glad to see someone else make their own wooden ramps (although mine are thicker boards).

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Might want to check out the Jacking Rails also.
Personally, I think adding all this weight to the car is not worth it... Jacking rails, steeda bar, etc. Rather buy a set of race ramps for oil changes, and done. How many times you need to get under it ?

I have a ebay purchased hockey puck stile rubber adapter to use on my 100 bucks 2 ton aluminum car jack, and slide into any of the pinch welds, works great....

Just my 2 cents
Sponsored