Carsales.com

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Once in the trade so hard to stop looking. Interested to see first GT for sale under $50 k
It is in WA, 2016 Auto at a dealer. Recently in WA prior to the election. Both parties say it's felt the end of the resources boom. Friends commented on the tight economy. Furthermore, limited market.
I've known many east coasters fly the east coast to buy a car - but bigger logistical effort to Perth or anywhere else in WA.

Not sure it's brilliant buying anyway. onroads make it low 50s.
Brand new 2017 models, manual and auto, both Advertised as in stock for $59k to $60k driveaway.

In January there were 300 Stangs in total including EB on car sales and 19 GT verts.
Increased availability has Carsales listing 1100 Stangs in total (2015 on) and 91 GT verts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Once in the trade so hard to stop looking. Interested to see first GT for sale under $50 k
It is in WA, 2016 Auto at a dealer. Recently in WA prior to the election. Both parties say it's felt the end of the resources boom. Friends commented on the tight economy. Furthermore, limited market.
I've known many east coasters fly the east coast to buy a car - but bigger logistical effort to Perth or anywhere else in WA.

Not sure it's brilliant buying anyway. onroads make it low 50s.
Brand new 2017 models, manual and auto, both Advertised as in stock for $59k to $60k driveaway.

In January there were 300 Stangs in total including EB on car sales and 19 GT verts.
Increased availability has Carsales listing 1100 Stangs in total (2015 on) and 91 GT verts.
Most new ones are not in stock.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
interesting how dealers state the millage, which is usual arrival KM's.
Have the changed the rules on dealers being able to order cars without actual signed customers now?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Have the changed the rules on dealers being able to order cars without actual signed customers now?
Yes they have. The dealer I'll now be getting my Mustang from already had it on order.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It moved from a ford controlled allocation system to dealer principle allocation (same as the rest of Fords lineup) at the start of the year. So each dealer depending on size, previous sales and survey results and location gets a set number of Mustangs per year now.

It is uncertain that with the 2018 Mustang if it will go back to ford controlled allocation when its released.

Sponsored

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I waited for my car to appear available and "in stock".
Couldn't bear the 18 month many of you guys did with ETIS, COTUS, build dates, rail, shipping etc.
Waiting since 1968 but that's another story.
I was after something fairly specific, Lightning Blue GT vert with nickel lustres. First one advertised was near home.
Dealer agreed to put my black wheels onto someone else's car and I got the silver alloys. Crunched him on price and did the deal.
Several thousand below RRP.
Still got emails from dealers last September quoting full retail and 17/18 delivery.
Car not only in stock but now in possession.

900dukess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I waited for my car to appear available and "in stock".
Couldn't bear the 18 month many of you guys did with ETIS, COTUS, build dates, rail, shipping etc.
Waiting since 1968 but that's another story.
I was after something fairly specific, Lightning Blue GT vert with nickel lustres. First one advertised was near home.
Dealer agreed to put my black wheels onto someone else's car and I got the silver alloys. Crunched him on price and did the deal.
Several thousand below RRP.
Still got emails from dealers last September quoting full retail and 17/18 delivery.
Car not only in stock but now in possession.
That is exactly what I did by waiting for one to come "into stock".

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly what I did by waiting for one to come "into stock".
Full credit to the guys who ordered and waited.

If I ordered last September I still be six months away and several thousand out of pocket.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I paid 60 drive away for my MY2017 GT (manual). I expect to get 40-45K when I sell it in 18 months time.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Why are you selling it in 18 months time?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Just basing it off typical length of time I keep cars (I don't normally buy new). Although given I plan to enjoy the journey of modifying this one to get it right, that could stretch out a bit which is great.
Sponsored