Sponsored

Installing 3:31 in Torsen

Ironair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT PP
Yes they do im looking at the frpp catalog right now and the # is m-4209-88331a.
That's for the old 8.8 not the Super 8.8.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
How does one go about ordering parts from them..i never have and do not have a dealer near by? Can you order direct?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
So...what are our options for differentials in the Super 8.8??? Are we limited to the traction-loc or Torsion offerings from Ford??? Or...has the aftermarket stepped up to offer us some other options???

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
You've got the Traction Lok, the OEM Torsen, Wavetrac and (my understanding) an aftermarket Torsen HD soon to come. I haven't heard on any other products as of yet, but I'm sure they'll come.

OP
OP
Stang-15

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I wanted to update the thread as the 3:31 is now installed. I did not need to adjust the speedo as a GPS app confirmed everything was accurate within 1 MPH.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That's for the old 8.8 not the Super 8.8.
Its for the super 8.8 it says 15 and up IRS rear.The a after 331 indicates super 8.8.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
You've got the Traction Lok, the OEM Torsen, Wavetrac and (my understanding) an aftermarket Torsen HD soon to come. I haven't heard on any other products as of yet, but I'm sure they'll come.
Which is best for street/strip applications that will hold the power.?

Ironair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT PP
Its for the super 8.8 it says 15 and up IRS rear.The a after 331 indicates super 8.8.
I guess I missed your A. But I also don't see that part # in the Ford Performance online catalog. What page are you looking at?

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I wanted to update the thread as the 3:31 is now installed. I did not need to adjust the speedo as a GPS app confirmed everything was accurate within 1 MPH.
Several weeks later... How do you like this setup?
How's mpg?

OP
OP
Stang-15

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Several weeks later... How do you like this setup?
How's mpg?
I like the set-up just fine. My reason for the swap was due to going FI and not being able to hook up, having to shift into 4th in the 1/8 or 5th in the 1/4. Those issues have been resolved (for the most part). I just swapped out the lowering springs I had and installed drag springs to make the chassis work better (hopefully....will find out this weekend). At any rate, the gear swap accomplished exactly what I wanted and have no regrets. As for MPG, I don't really pay attention to that as it's not my DD. Smiles per gallon have definitely improved :)

jhols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Quick question for those that did go to the 3.31 gears, did the 3.31 gear part kit come with everything or did you need to buy the Ford Performance bearing/installation kit too? I saw that one person did not need it the extra kit but I wanted to make sure.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I like the set-up just fine. My reason for the swap was due to going FI and not being able to hook up, having to shift into 4th in the 1/8 or 5th in the 1/4. Those issues have been resolved (for the most part). I just swapped out the lowering springs I had and installed drag springs to make the chassis work better (hopefully....will find out this weekend). At any rate, the gear swap accomplished exactly what I wanted and have no regrets. As for MPG, I don't really pay attention to that as it's not my DD. Smiles per gallon have definitely improved :)
Right now I do not DD the car either, but this is possible in the future. Plus I feel like 3.71 might be too short anyways... How much did this swap cost parts plus labor?

I am looking into possibility of swapping in a year or two. Wonder if anyone did the swap on unmodified engine and what the impressions are.

OP
OP
Stang-15

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Right now I do not DD the car either, but this is possible in the future. Plus I feel like 3.71 might be too short anyways... How much did this swap cost parts plus labor?

I am looking into possibility of swapping in a year or two. Wonder if anyone did the swap on unmodified engine and what the impressions are.
The gear cost me 189. I paid the tech I know 150 to swap out the ring and pinion. I think I've read a shop would typically charge 2 hours if you took the pumpkin to them. I have another 100 or so invested as I added the BMR differential lockout bushings and upgraded bolts.
Sponsored