2018 Kona Blue GT350 Pre-Production Photos

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I could see ford cutting back on the 350 and jumping to the R model with heavy production as it seems that's the ones that are hotter. Why build cars that are gonna sit on showroom floors and eventually sell way under msrp
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why would you base the upcoming production year on the former ones? Everything is different this year! Just look how long they are taking to start MY18... The last few years plans are not the same as MY18, so production priority could easily be switched/swapped. The rumor was that the CF wheels were on hold before, and are now not a problem, it seems to make sense there would be no reason to push production till March 2018?
So if everything is different for the upcoming 2018MY are you then telling me that in spite of the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tire issues that Ford will now be producing R models during October, November, December, January and February unlike what they have done or not done for the 3 last MY's?

I would like to see that one in writing and just curious where you got your information from?:doh:

:cheers:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So if everything is different for the upcoming 2018MY are you then telling me that in spite of the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tire issues that Ford will now be producing R models during October, November, December, January and February unlike what they have done or not done for the 3 last MY's?

I would like to see that one in writing and just curious where you got your information from?:doh:

:cheers:
I'd buy an R with the current Cup 2 tires on it at MSRP... wouldn't you? :)

My viewpoint is purely speculative. I am looking at this as a person who invests in businesses and trying to look solely as Ford being a manufacturer that is in business to make money.

More of something that is sitting just doesn't make sense at this point, period.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'd buy an R with the current Cup 2 tires on it at MSRP... wouldn't you? :)

My viewpoint is purely speculative. I am looking at this as a person who invests in businesses and trying to look solely as Ford being a manufacturer that is in business to make money.

More of something that is sitting just doesn't make sense at this point, period.
Absolutely I would buy an R at MSRP as have already done so.

I am looking at it this from a business standpoint as well so in order for Ford to produce ~2000 R models for the 2018MY please tell me how they can do that from a production standpoint when they will not start producing R models until March of 2018?

Not sure how closely you have followed the production for previous R models but did Ford not shut down production in Flat Rock for ~5 months for the 2017 R models last year starting in October 2016 and not resuming until sometime in March 2017.

Maybe you are not aware of the Cup 2 tire issues with respect to production of R models in cold weather and if you are please tell me how Ford will produce ~2000 R models for the 2018MY starting next spring?

If Ford starts to produce R models for the upcoming model year in July or August then I suggest they may have a chance otherwise it is a long shot at best.

:)

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
my guess is 2000 350s total for 18, R and base
Haha, i dont know about that, although it would be nice to get on with the next iteration.
Feels like we are stuck in mud here.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It's gotta be a little strange.....
The 18s get the refresh....while the 18 GT350 stays the same as the 17. You'd think they'd pump out all of the 18 GT350s (R and Base) by the end of summer and focus solely on the 18s. I wonder if they will even have a "special" mustang during the 19 model year and go all in on 2020.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i think the 18 350s are an afterthought..i think ford thought the next halo stang would be ready by now and this is their band aid till it is..i think it will be a short run for 18..im basing this on no facts just my gut

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
i think the 18 350s are an afterthought..i think ford thought the next halo stang would be ready by now and this is their band aid till it is..i think it will be a short run for 18..im basing this on no facts just my gut
Your gut is probably right!

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I just got this one from Ford.
18_FRD_MST_200063_Shelby_kblu_RGB_PK.jpg

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I'm late to the party. I cannot see the original pics. Says 3rd party removed them.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Yep, I saw those but the way people were talking about the bumper ect I thought maybe there was something more to them. It is hard to get a good impression of the color from the photos. Like you said, not the best quality.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Yep, I saw those but the way people were talking about the bumper ect I thought maybe there was something more to them. It is hard to get a good impression of the color from the photos. Like you said, not the best quality.
Nah, the guy lost his mind for some reason because the front splitter hadn't been installed yet on the original pics. lol

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think this points out why I don't like the 18 GT front end. They took cues from the GT350 for sure with the overbite. It is solved on the GT350 with the splitter. They didn't solve that issue with the 18 GT.
Sponsored