Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Amen brother! :thumbsup: :cheers:
You said it Jim.

How's the toys doing? You have a 2017 Raptor as well, correct? I was going to order one, but didn't want to wait the year and a half to get it. (I ordered my truck in late 2015 as a 2016 model. Plus, I got a killer trade-in deal and 2k in rebates of my new truck, I couldn't pass that up!)
Good, thanks man! I'm actually thinking about trading the truck in already. It's a great truck, but more than I need. May go back to Tacoma. :) ordered a demon at msrp wed and then cancelled. Not my cup of tea. We find out some about ourselves thru automobiles haha
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good, thanks man! I'm actually thinking about trading the truck in already. It's a great truck, but more than I need. May go back to Tacoma. :) ordered a demon at msrp wed and then cancelled. Not my cup of tea.
Really?!?! Keep it,.........."just because". :D
Good luck Jim!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
What you post above cannot be true. Is it?!?!?
That's false advertisement. So, does Ford and Dodge do the same thing?
Apparently the multi camera angle and video wasn't enough! Guys don't get butt hurt that the competition is good, hope/expect Ford to take the mustang to the next level. Do you really want the same things said if a gt500 comes out and runs 7:10 or something.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Apparently the multi camera angle and video wasn't enough! Guys don't get butt hurt that the competition is good, hope/expect Ford to take the mustang to the next level. Do you really want the same things said if a gt500 comes out and runs 7:10 or something.
LMFAO I know, right?!?!? No proof. He was flamed on another thread of the ZL1-LE1 ring times.
Let's just say congrats to GM for building a track monster. Well deserved.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Why is the guy butthurt? Ford fanbois? It's not like the ford, zl1 competitor is out yet, unless he believes there is no way it could be beat, which isn't fact.
Either way it will need to be an independent test that is done as ford won't post times.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Why is the guy butthurt? Ford fanbois? It's not like the ford, zl1 competitor is out yet, unless he believes there is no way it could be beat, which isn't fact.
Either way it will need to be an independent test that is done as ford won't post times.
Well when someone else/ competition does something impressive and you say it's impossible and make outrageous accusations without a shread of evidence it sounds like something that someone is butt hurt or jealous about which in the car world is usually fan boys. And as you just said the Ford competition hasn't arrived so why go and say the things he said, when you could say wow, impressive I can't wait to see what Ford brings. I think ford will post something this time. Last time they ran there was some speed limits and you weren't supposed to be doing timed laps, now that those restrictions are done I think they'll post something.

MrBHutch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R | 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Remember when Nissan claimed the GTR ran a 7:32, Porsche called BS, bought a GTR themselves and couldn't get within 25 seconds of the Nissan time?

Manufacturer cars on hot laps are required to have cages in them, which can be seen in one of the photos of the ZL1. That could potentially have an effect on the dynamics of the car.

The ZL1 is legit, plain and simple.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It is. It's a beast on the track and drag strip.
Good job Chevrolet! :thumbsup:
I agree. BUT with the how good the 350 is and how long they've been developing this next car I think it's totally possible it and the likely R version are better.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What did you guys think about the hood on barricade, the transformer decepticon?
I like that two scoop hood, a bit over the top but if it had TT in it, I think it would compliment. I kinda like over the top, as long as it has some taste to it and doesn't look cheap. Think it would look lots better without the bumper guard and a different paint scheme. Those fender flares = no thanks!
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...5s-barricade-revealed-as-ford-mustang-cop-car

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
What did you guys think about the hood on barricade, the transformer decepticon?
I like that two scoop hood, a bit over the top but if it had TT in it, I think it would compliment. I kinda like over the top, as long as it has some taste to it and doesn't look cheap. Think it would look lots better without the bumper guard and a different paint scheme. Those fender flares = no thanks!
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...5s-barricade-revealed-as-ford-mustang-cop-car
Sorry Jim, but I don't like it. At all.
lol :D

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Reminds me of the old ws6 TA's of the late 90's/early 00's

Not a fan

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Reminds me of the old ws6 TA's of the late 90's/early 00's

Not a fan
I didn't like those either. Not so much the front-end but the rears yuck!

I'd take this baracade, minus those fender flares. A reason I couldn't choke down a demon.

I know it would never come with an intake hood like that unless it was a pure drag car, which it won't be.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I didn't like those either. Not so much the front-end but the rears yuck!

I'd take this baracade, minus those fender flares. A reason I couldn't choke down a demon.
I agree on the Demon statement Jim.
I don't like the flares too much either. I've seen a prototype of the wide body '18 Hellcat Challenger as well and I don't like that,.....at all. lol
Like I said, it was a prototype, so who knows what it looks like when in production. :shrug:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree on the Demon statement Jim.
I don't like the flares too much either. I've seen a prototype of the wide body '18 Hellcat Challenger as well and I don't like that,.....at all. lol
Like I said, it was a prototype, so who knows what it looks like when in production. :shrug:
Those scoops are too big, they looked much better on the rendering. I don't like the Challenger wide body either. I hope Ford does do a mustang wide body similar to the fashion Shelby is showing, that I could go for.
Sponsored