Sponsored

GT500 testing in Arizona

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The front overhang should be slightly longer due to intercooler packaging. They may or may not conceal the front bumper cover.

Hot weather testing will begin shortly, but stay alert in Detroit.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION]
Yeah a 7.0 Liter would be divine for heritage purposes alone. Personally would be cool as hell if Ford would produce an "enormous engine cubic inch wise". I prefer big small blocks as I currently have a 7.0 Liter Dart Block in my garage, 4.125 Bore x 4.100 stroke for 438 CI), but instead of a 429 I was thinking 427 ci but honestly think it would be a packaging/gas mileage re EPA nightmare.

I don't see FMC releasing a Boss on the heels of the heralded GT350, too much intra-rivalry IMO, but until they give the enthusiasts something concrete as to what will be released we will keep the rumor-mill alive & well on M6G!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I see a lot of comments about hood height....

Ladies and gentlemen, please examine AMG's and BMWs Hot V Turbo set up. It DOES NOT require much hood clearance.

I am hearing that this will be the return of Ford's Indy V8 design (reversed head position).

I would look into the Hot V configuration and see it doesn't require clearance like a Supercharged V8.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hood bulge is right where the high point of a blower would be....but a blower fits under the hood of the S550 now........bigger engine? Bigger blower? Both?

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
rant warning:
I find it nearly impossible to believe that the 50th anniversary of THE MOST ICONIC AND RECOGNIZABLE MUSCLE CAR IN ALL OF HISTORY was not celebrated with bells and whistles(on time), RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIGGEST HORSEPOWER WAR IN HISTORY. in fact im fucking pissed.
HOWEVER ford now has a chance to make up for (what i would consider to be the biggest mistake of the mustang lineage) by bringing back(at least some of)the classic lineup, as it was in 68-70:
MY18 bring us a gt500, bitch slap the hellcat and and make it worth it
MY18 maybe a gt500kr with a power bump or some cool features
MY19 drop the gt350/500 platforms and bring us a mach 1(pure drag car), boss 302(track ready z28 killer), boss 429 (balls to the wall cobra jet replacement/demon killer) all of the pieces are there, and the big 3 are literally re-living the glory days on steroids and ford is sitting with their thumbs up their asses.

and i will GLADLY say that they can flush all of the other bullshit down the toilet. screw the bullitt(its a fucking movie tribute car for gosh sake), the cobra name is basically extinct(hell i own one and love them but svt isnt what it used to be) and for the love of god dont make some pansy ass european inspired world car crap people have been talking about. this is the iconic muscle car era 2.0. MAKE THIS SHIT COUNT, EVERYONE ELSE IS. with that being said, yay for more spy photos. im ready to buy the next halo mustang, hopefully its worth it.
This!!! :cheers: SRT is about to come out with possibly an 800+ hp street legal drag car and Chevy has a mid-engine Corvette in the works, and we hear crickets from Ford when we are knocking on the door of several 50th anniversaries. WTF?!

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
There's that shovel front end again. This was shown un-camo-ed in (I think) the Rock video that leaked the Bullitt. It was a clay model, I think.

I've tried to find it, but I can't come up with the picture. Topnotch posted the screen grab.

Found it:
clay%20model.png

Last edited:

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This!!! :cheers: SRT is about to come out with possibly an 800+ hp street legal drag car and Chevy has a mid-engine Corvette in the works, and we hear crickets from Ford when we are knocking on the door of several 50th anniversaries. WTF?!
For the record, GM has made no official announcements pertaining to the mid engine Corvette (to my knowledge), similar to Ford. Don't try to make it out like Ford is the only brand that is playing keep away with information about upcoming products, because they aren't.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
There's that shovel front end again. This was shown un-camo-ed in (I think) the Rock video that leaked the Bullitt. It was a clay model, I think.

I've tried to find it, but I can't come up with the picture. Topnotch posted the screen grab.

Found it:
clay%20model.png
I have been calling the design a "powerdome" straddled by to pit-like heat extractors.

The Fender gills could be a design to help brake gases escape the wheel well.

Potentially, IF they found a way to house two turbos like the Cobra Jet, maybe, MAYBE, the fender gills could help extract heat if the Air buckets below the headlamp houses the Turbo.

Not sure thought... AMG'd BiTurbo is mounted to the front. I still believe it's a Powerstroke design BUT, a low hood indicates the turbos could be sitting forward and low.

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Yeah, I highly doubt Ford is just sitting around. Remember how the Ford GT just surprised everyone? I would think if Ford could keep that completely under wraps, so could they do with a halo Mustang. They don't need to hype it like the Demon. Just be patient. Something is definitely coming.

Sponsored

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
You think your pissed. I have a 1970 cougar eliminator. It is the 50 anniversary of the cougar and FMC made it a boat in 71, stop sharing with the Mustang in 74, cancelled the car in 97, brought it back from 99 to 02 as some kind of import fast and furious rice mobile, let the mercury division waste away to badly re badged fords and then cancelled the whole division in 2011. But I digress.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah, I highly doubt Ford is just sitting around. Remember how the Ford GT just surprised everyone? I would think if Ford could keep that completely under wraps, so could they do with a halo Mustang. They don't need to hype it like the Demon. Just be patient. Something is definitely coming.

I would think it would be much harder to keep the mustang under wraps. There's probably way more hands and eyes involved on that car than they were the Ford GT. Also the Chevy ME car is expected to be further away they also have another C7 high performance car due to debut soon.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It's about time. Can't wait to learn more.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
You think your pissed. I have a 1970 cougar eliminator. It is the 50 anniversary of the cougar and FMC made it a boat in 71, stop sharing with the Mustang in 74, cancelled the car in 97, brought it back from 99 to 02 as some kind of import fast and furious rice mobile, let the mercury division waste away to badly re badged fords and then cancelled the whole division in 2011. But I digress.
Would you be accepting of a cougar under the Lincoln brand?
Sponsored