Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Has anyone managed to get the Diff cooler pump to do anything yet?
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is there a way to program to leave the exhaust in sport mode when you shift into 6th gear? I hate when shifting into 6th and the exhaust closes. Also is there a way to leave it open all the time? Thanks

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Ugh. I finally got my OBDLink SX, downloaded the FORscan software, got the extended license. I've got it all plugged in, but it cant find the car. It keeps searching for a wifi connection, not found. Does anyone know if we HAVE to use a wife OBD device? I just wanted to simply plug it in and go. Cannot get it to connect to the car. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has an OBD device that worked well, connected simply, plug and play... let me know and I'll just order it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ugh. I finally got my OBDLink SX, downloaded the FORscan software, got the extended license. I've got it all plugged in, but it cant find the car. It keeps searching for a wifi connection, not found. Does anyone know if we HAVE to use a wife OBD device? I just wanted to simply plug it in and go. Cannot get it to connect to the car. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has an OBD device that worked well, connected simply, plug and play... let me know and I'll just order it.
I am by no means an expert but I do believe you have to go through the OBD port to make these changes.

I used the OBDLink MX device and it's worked flawlessly. [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION], and others, recommended the Bluetooth over the wifi in the first few pages of this thread..

Here's what's worked for me:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1440803&postcount=25

Good luck :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I use the MX device based on the recommendations of others that had difficulty with WiFi units.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Well better late than never, i just ordered my OBD link MX bluethoot and should be getting it tomorrow.
I'm already using the OBD Fusion app, but got fed up with having to open my phone to look at the tranny temp while driving.

So wish me luck as i'm close to computer illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Just knowing i'll be able to get rid of those annoying warning honks when leaving keys in car is enough to get me going.

Stanby, i'll be back here soon. :)

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I am by no means an expert but I do believe you have to go through the OBD port to make these changes.

I used the OBDLink MX device and it's worked flawlessly. [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION], and others, recommended the Bluetooth over the wifi in the first few pages of this thread..

Here's what's worked for me:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1440803&postcount=25

Good luck :cheers:
Thanks. Got it in and finally installed it last night. Not too bad once everything was connected. I turned off the fake exhaust and activated the red cobra/GT350 display. Very cool.

I've been driving around the past few weeks not able to hear my (real) exhaust, even with the windows down, as the fake piped in sound was soooo loud through my left front speaker following the stereo enhancements. I cant tell you how nice it is to not hear anything but music coming through the speakers and real and pure exhaust sounds coming from the actual exhaust. Love it.

Only problem is after making the change, the door chime (open door with car running, or leave lights on after turning car off, etc) is VERY VERY loud now. Any thoughts? or anyone experience this or know hoe to turn down the chime volume? It was fine before I deactivated the fake exhaust sound.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks. Got it in and finally installed it last night. Not too bad once everything was connected. I turned off the fake exhaust and activated the red cobra/GT350 display. Very cool.

I've been driving around the past few weeks not able to hear my (real) exhaust, even with the windows down, as the fake piped in sound was soooo loud through my left front speaker following the stereo enhancements. I cant tell you how nice it is to not hear anything but music coming through the speakers and real and pure exhaust sounds coming from the actual exhaust. Love it.

Only problem is after making the change, the door chime (open door with car running, or leave lights on after turning car off, etc) is VERY VERY loud now. Any thoughts? or anyone experience this or know hoe to turn down the chime volume? It was fine before I deactivated the fake exhaust sound.
Congratulations!! I don't know about the door chimes being louder after turning off the ESE. I am hoping to do some more digging w Forscan soon and will post anything I might find.

Do you have the Satellite Radio? Every time I've tried to disable the ESE, my Sirius cuts out...

Congrats again :cheers:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Reazo, I had the exact same thing occur after I disabled the the fake shit. Very, Very loud door chime. Also, I am unable to disable the seatbelt minder and I follow the instructions in the manual to a tee. I also had previously upgraded the pathetic OEM sound system. It has to be related. I let the Sirius expire because I haven't yet had that fix performed yet, which involves going behind the headliner.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I don't know if it is possible but can forscan be used as a ford scan diagnostic tool? What I mean is can t run commands and test the the ford scan tools are capable of?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Guys, told ´ya i'g be back , so i see two newer versions of Forscan now, version 2.3.9 beta for windows free, and 2.3.9 beta for windows ( wine edition ), free, without licensing.

Should i be getting the first version ? Thx

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Guys, told ´ya i'g be back , so i see two newer versions of Forscan now, version 2.3.9 beta for windows free, and 2.3.9 beta for windows ( wine edition ), free, without licensing.

Should i be getting the first version ? Thx
Hey Dan,
Yeah, nothing's ever simple nowadays....I'd get the older version that allows you to get the Extended License. The EL is needed to make changes. Good luck!!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hey Dan,
Yeah, nothing's ever simple nowadays....I'd get the older version that allows you to get the Extended License. The EL is needed to make changes. Good luck!!
Jim, i don't remenber seeing the old version on Forscan's website, they just have these two new ones out now, so i downloaded the first one and registered and got my confirmation from Forscan.

So i then followed the other link to get extended license, thing is i'm now asked name ( check ) phone number ( check ) and hardware ID !!! WTF, how do i get my harware ID from laptop with windows10 ?

Here is what i'm seeing.

Oh man i'm getting to old for this stuff. :doh::D
IMG_1996.jpg
IMG_1997.jpg

Last edited:

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Hey Montreal don't feel bad, I am in the same boat as u.
I PM u with what worked for me, u do have to bounce from the software program to the forum and back. The video I suggested worked.
The real test will be later this week when I get my hardware and try to get into the brains of my black beauty!
Sponsored