Sponsored

Dead pedal cover

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Thinking that probably an hour with the hair dryer wasn't enough, I don't know. Should have had it there before the first time application me thinks. Could have been a different story I guess. Anyway...
Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Thinking that probably an hour with the hair dryer wasn't enough, I don't know. Should have had it there before the first time application me thinks. Could have been a different story I guess. Anyway...
Back on post #9 I fitted the americancraft dead pedal cover , it came with 3M primer to help bond the 3M adhesive to the plastic, hasn't come off so far.:thumbsup:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for this guys, so im thinking with mine, ill clean the plastic on the car stick it on and then hair dryer it heaps to get it nice hot and stick better? Is that right?

OP
OP

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Thanks for this guys, so im thinking with mine, ill clean the plastic on the car stick it on and then hair dryer it heaps to get it nice hot and stick better? Is that right?
Go back a page on the thread Phil, you will see my experience in a long winded story. I used heat but probably too late. Like Copie said on the previous page you really need a hair dryer or heat gun if the ambient temp is only 15 degrees. Just be careful with the heat on the plastic though!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Go back a page on the thread Phil, you will see my experience in a long winded story. I used heat but probably too late. Like Copie said on the previous page you really need a hair dryer or heat gun if the ambient temp is only 15 degrees. Just be careful with the heat on the plastic though!
thanks mate, i read your post but got a bit confused. will use the heat once i stick it on and see how it goes, all else fails ill super glue it on lol

Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Heat before you stick on until the plastic is warm (not hot) apply then a touch more heat.

Bonus points if you leave something heavy on it (brick) for a little bit to aid in the adhesion.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Heat before you stick on until the plastic is warm (not hot) apply then a touch more heat.

Bonus points if you leave something heavy on it (brick) for a little bit to aid in the adhesion.
Good shout, thanks mate, mine arrived today so ill fit this up shortly

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Haha

I have been giving these out as a small gift to my Tribar DRL installation customers.

And yes the RHS versions are narrower. But I put a bit black insulation on the right, and use some good glues and they look very good. Just as stock.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed mine last night, about 10 mins with the hairdryer on the foot rest. about 5 mins on the cover (with the tape peeled) and on it went. Held it firmly for about 30 second and then set up a few props to apply some weight to it. Seems like its stuck good!

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Installed mine last night, about 10 mins with the hairdryer on the foot rest. about 5 mins on the cover (with the tape peeled) and on it went. Held it firmly for about 30 second and then set up a few props to apply some weight to it. Seems like its stuck good!
Yes heat and prep the footrest is the key, for mine i wiped it down with iso alcohol, used a heat gun on it for a few min to get it warm to the touch (also leaving it out in the sun will work, both the cover and the car) then peeled the 3m tape with tweezers and applied the cover.

Sponsored

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Installed the cover today in the cold but it is holding so far.
Definitely looked better next to the other pedals.

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
easier if you pop off the pedal before you fix.
3 clips so easy to remove and refit once the cover is fitted.
20170701_074634.jpg

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I’m reviving an old thread …

Has anyone recently bought a RHD dead pedal cover that fits perfectly with no modifications and matches the other (three … lol) pedals ?

If so, please could you share a link ?

Santa wants to put one in my stocking for me from the kids … :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got one sorted, although it took a bit of fettling to look, fit and stick how I wanted it to :

1677941807950.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored