Sponsored

Socal350's GT350 Story

TTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 M5
Why not just plastidip that section above the front splitter with a matte black to see if you like it? Easy DIY, easy to clean and will protect the front bumper from damage, and EASY to save up for, lol.

I enjoy following your build thread, nicely done so far!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Socal350,

Your ride is looking awesome - all of the mods you have done to date are extremely well planned out and very tasteful!! It looks fabulotastic!!! (No that is not a real word, I just made it up, because that's how cool your Shelby is looking!)

Hey, just curious though and I have to ask - did your Dad get himself a Shelby yet? What's he driving, being a Ford Enthusiast?

Take care!

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
Didn't see this listed in your thread, but where did you pick up the R wing from? I like the look of it but dont want to go aftermarket.
I definitely get you on that! I debated back and forth for a while about buying an aftermarket spoiler or OEM. In the end I decided to go for the OEM since I found one for a reasonable price, although it cost more than an aftermarket spoiler.

I bought it from [MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts[/MENTION] last summer. I guess I was just lucky and in the market to buy one at the right time haha

Looks great! :thumbsup:

You just need to add matte black & white stripes to have a clone of the R prototype show car.
I appreciate the kind words man! Hahaha I've definitely thought about adding the stripes to match the prototype show car. Maybe one day I'll add them but for now I'm just enjoying the stripeless look :thumbsup:

Why not just plastidip that section above the front splitter with a matte black to see if you like it? Easy DIY, easy to clean and will protect the front bumper from damage, and EASY to save up for, lol.

I enjoy following your build thread, nicely done so far!
Glad you're enjoying the build thread! The center piece of the bumper is wrapped gloss black. I may try seeing what the matte black will look like though. I've had a few people make that suggestion :cheers:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I like the gloss black on the lower front bumper. It ties into the roof, R spoiler and mirrors. I say keep it gloss black. Plus it gives the front some contrast and breaks up the matte plastic.
Just as the rear R spoiler and tail light panel give contrast to the rear matte defuser.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Socal350,

Your ride is looking awesome - all of the mods you have done to date are extremely well planned out and very tasteful!! It looks fabulotastic!!! (No that is not a real word, I just made it up, because that's how cool your Shelby is looking!)

Hey, just curious though and I have to ask - did your Dad get himself a Shelby yet? What's he driving, being a Ford Enthusiast?

Take care!
Whoops, just saw this post now! :headbonk:

Hahaha thank you for the fabulotastic compliment! My dad hasn't bought himself a Shelby yet. After his 98 Cobra, he got into buying more family/luxury oriented vehicles so we went through a few cars from Ford (Explorer), Lincoln (Navigator) and Mercedes (E and ML Classes).

He is really interested in the upcoming GT500...so that may be the one he gets! Or I may end up buying that for him or maybe even a 2013-2014 GT500

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the next round of mods purchased and ready to be installed on the car over the next few days! Here's a little sneak peek - see if you can figure out what will be done to the interior haha :cheers:
IMG_4046-1.jpg
IMG_4028-1.jpg

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone, I know it's been a little while since I've updated my story/build thread but I'm back! Over the last few month's I've added some new mods to the car. I posted some preview photos of what was to be added to the car back in March. So now let's talk about these mods:

MGW GT350 Shifter
First up was the addition of a MGW shifter and boy what a treat this piece has been! I had my initial impressions of what a "short-throw shifter" would feel like but MGW's shifter has far exceeded my expectations. I remember the night I drove my car home after the install and I literally thought my car had been tuned! Not sure if everyone would agree here but with the stock GT350 shifter, whenever I would downshift (rev match or heel/toe) I felt like there was a slight delay between the time my hand stopped moving the shifter and the time the engine would be able to react to my throttle input (i.e., hand would move the shifter, gear would be selected, then after about a 1 second or 1/2 second delay I could hit the throttle and accelerate).

For me the MGW eliminated that slight delay. As soon as my hand was done moving, the car would be in gear and I could instantly accelerate, resulting in the illusion of a tune. It’s a hard feeling to describe through words but there is just something different/special about MGW’s feel, engineering and accuracy that you’d have to try out for yourself. Granted this is my first high performance sports cars but I never would have imagined a shifter could have such an impact on driving experience/feel. I would highly recommend the MGW shifter to any GT350 owner, whether you often track your car or occasionally cruise around on the street. It is that good!

Here are some photos I took when the guys at LionBuilt Motorsports performed the installation. I didn’t have my camera with me that day so I only have some iPhone photos to share haha :headbonk:
IMG_4020BK.jpg
IMG_4022BK.jpg
IMG_4024BK.jpg
IMG_4027BK.jpg
IMG_4030BK.jpg
IMG_4031BK.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Bateman returns...

Where those pics with Faith Marone?
Haha I'm back! You ask and you shall receive :cheers:

Faith Marone is a model and avid car enthusiast who was in town a few months ago. [MENTION=20243]50Deep[/MENTION] was the one who told me who she was but unfortunately he wasn't in town the same weekend. So I had to book a photo shoot solo :lol:

Next time we'll get a dual shoot bro!
Photo Mar 26, 11 48 25 AMBK.jpg
Photo Mar 26, 12 05 13 PMBK.jpg
Photo Mar 26, 12 51 02 PMBK.jpg
Photo Mar 26, 12 55 07 PMBK.jpg
Photo Mar 26, 12 59 40 PMBK.jpg
Photo Mar 26, 1 44 41 PMBK.jpg

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good lawd! That is future wifey material right there

Sponsored

JasonsShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Man your car has come a long way!! We've got to meet up again soon. I think you're coming to the MuscleKingz show right? If so, I'll see you there! Keep up the incredible work Bryant!

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Good lawd! That is future wifey material right there
Hahaha reading that reminds me of Jason Cammisa saying "Good lord! Damn!" towards the end of the GT350R/Z28 Head 2 Head MotorTrend video :lol:

Man your car has come a long way!! We've got to meet up again soon. I think you're coming to the MuscleKingz show right? If so, I'll see you there! Keep up the incredible work Bryant!
Appreciate that Jason! I signed up for the MuscleKingz show but I may not make it out this weekend. I'll keep you posted though.

Looking forward to seeing your continous build updates on here and Instagram :thumbsup:
Sponsored