Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
In a major way.

Basically he is at the strip club throwing $1 bills, but has a pocket full of $100's

[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] Sometimes I wonder where you even come up with these ridiculous analogies bro :lol:

[MENTION=11658]FPCV8YO[/MENTION]But 50 is right, this is no longer the current state of my car. I will be sharing more current photos of the car/build in a little bit :thumbsup:
Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Congrats, great story!

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
"Oh man, this is the Shadow Black color?!" It's probably one of the best black colors available for a car imo (still hard to maintain though)
Like I said, get it wrapped (clearbra'd) ASAP, before the unfortunate roadrash sets in.

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Like I said, get it wrapped (clearbra'd) ASAP, before the unfortunate roadrash sets in.
You're not kidding there. On the way home from picking up the car up from the dealership, I got a chip on the hood. :mad: Thank god it's a real tiny one. My wife was on the fence regarding me getting clear bra, but seeing the chip She agreed we need a clear bra. :)

Don't delay.

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Really appreciate your input! I got it wrapped already :cheers:

You're not kidding there. On the way home from picking up the car up from the dealership, I got a chip on the hood. :mad: Thank god it's a real tiny one. My wife was on the fence regarding me getting clear bra, but seeing the chip She agreed we need a clear bra. :)

Don't delay.
Oh no!!! Well at least it was a small one. Glad your wife agreed to letting you get clear bra...sounds like a major win right there haha :thumbsup:

Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I had a black Mustang in high school (Mom's former 1979 - first gen foxbody) in black and hated it. Swore I would never own another black car. The upkeep - ugh!

BUT - these black GT350's are SEXY!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Great story, this is what so many non mustang people will never get.
The passion is passed on from generation to generation.
Mustang passions is as strong today as its ever been.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Man!!!
I keep coming into this thread hoping for pics but clicking with disappointment. :paddle:

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, great story!
Thanks [MENTION=20385]geb78[/MENTION] ! You going to be at the NorCal/SoCal meetup this weekend (aka Mustang Weekend)?

Great story, this is what so many non mustang people will never get.
The passion is passed on from generation to generation.
Mustang passions is as strong today as its ever been.
Thanks [MENTION=11655]ohtobbad[/MENTION] ! I have actually noticed there are less Ford/mustang diehards nowadays but hopefully that will change in the future :clap2:

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
I guess we'll skip the initial review of the car for now haha. My first round of mods was fairly light but I thought they added a little bit of "personality" to the car.

After searching the forum for aftermarket parts and hearing other's reviews, I ended up installing a few things:
- Craig's “No Drill” front license plate bracket
- K&N oiled air filter (same one that fits on 13-14 GT500s)
- Redline Tuning Elite Hood-struts
- GT350R front splitter
- Resonator Delete

Aside from the R front splitter, these are probably items/mods that a majority of other 350 owners have done. Definitely worth doing in my opinion.

Craig's "No Drill" license plate bracket
The license plate bracket is awesome! The 3M adhesive and double-side tape the kit comes with is extremely strong, you now have the option of putting on your front plate if you want and you can easily remove it for car meets/show by simply untightening 1 screw.

K&N Air Filter (Oiled)
I think the K&N air filter speaks for itself...no difference in power but adds a nice shade of red to the engine bay. And like a few others have said, it is the same size as the yellow paper air filter.

Redline Tuning Elite Hood-struts
The hood struts are high quality...well made, silver finish was shiny without scratches/dings and the hydraulic pressure is good. You instantly feel confident that you won't have to worry about your hood falling down accidentally. They were really easy to install and add a more modern look to the car (got tired of looking at and using the stock prop rod lol).

GT350R Front Splitter
I've got to thank [MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] on this one! Saw that he posted the part number and ordered one for himself. It was some coin to get my hands on one but I absolutely love the look. I know it's stock on an R but it makes the regular 350s front end look a lot more aggressive and mean. I would be devastated if I ever broke mine...apparently the only place to buy them now is on eBay or privately since it appears Ford is only selling the front bumper and R splitter as combo deal now :(

Resonator Delete
Oh man!!! Worth every penny :D The car is louder and has a deeper bark especially when revving in neutral but not obnoxiously louder (at least in my opinion). You notice the difference at first but after a few days you adjust to the new sound and it WILL make you smile even more than before :lol:

Man!!!
I keep coming into this thread hoping for pics but clicking with disappointment. :paddle:
What were you saying about disappointment? :headbonk:
IMG_0141BK.jpg
IMG_0230BK.jpg
IMG_0339BK.jpg
IMG_0340BK.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Still holding out....

I do remember the first time I saw your car at Knotts. Clean car brother!

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, got my fix. Looking great their young man!!

Question on the Resonator Delete, will this affect the smog emissions/test?

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Also, I ordered my legacy plates last week, how long did it take for yours to arrive?
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, got my fix. Looking great their young man!!

Question on the Resonator Delete, will this affect the smog emissions/test?
To my knowledge a resonator delete shouldn't affect smog emissions testing. However I can't confirm directly as we don't have to do smog testing on our cars for a while haha

Also, I ordered my legacy plates last week, how long did it take for yours to arrive?
Thanks in advance.
Ohhhhh nice! Mine took about 4 months to arrive (which was somehow shorter than some people). :doh:

Hopefully you can live with no plates/current plates for that long

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Car looks great! I've yet to install my front plate bracket (same one you have) and I'm glad I hadn't, I didn't think about offsetting it like you did. I may do that, going to mock it up and see how it looks in person. Thanks!
Sponsored