Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Just ask [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] about shipping.
Still waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting! :lol:

So I just laugh at this point. My Raptor rolled off production line on 4/20. Shipment out of Dearborn got delayed like 2-3x... and finally it went out on rail end of May. And then it arrived at the rail-transporter exchange hub on 6/4 and accepted by the transporter on 6/6 and as of this morning it still hasn't arrived at the dealership.

ETA changed twice since then and the last update was ETA of 6/7-11 and the dang truck still hasn't arrived! The rail depot to dealership is literally ~99 miles away. Worst logistics ever.... especially since another Raptor was delivered on 6/8 to the same dealer but mine wasn't on that same transporter. They were also dumbfounded... like wtfff?!? Big fat F in my book.... wait til Ford sees my survey. Rant done. :D
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Finally got mine last Monday. Loving the truck so far. This weekend my wife and I (plus the hounds) drove down to Portland to pick up a roll bar for the 350, visit friends, and cruise around Long Beach. This truck sure is a beautiful blend of comfortable road trip vehicle and capable off-road beast.

fullsizeoutput_2.jpg

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Finally got mine last Monday. Loving the truck so far. This weekend my wife and I (plus the hounds) drove down to Portland to pick up a roll bar for the 350, visit friends, and cruise around Long Beach. This truck sure is a beautiful blend of comfortable road trip vehicle and capable off-road beast.

fullsizeoutput_2.jpg
Gorgeous Raptor!

"Drove down to Portland for a rollbar"- I'm in Portland and just picking up my R this week. A few questions if you don't mind:
Who did you get your rollbar through?
Who's installing, sears, harness....

Cheers,
Mark

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Gorgeous Raptor!

"Drove down to Portland for a rollbar"- I'm in Portland and just picking up my R this week. A few questions if you don't mind:
Who did you get your rollbar through?
Who's installing, sears, harness....

Cheers,
Mark

[MENTION=29846]Etchhead[/MENTION]

Hey Mark!

I picked up Hiram's new-in-box Watson Bar. He originally bought it for his car, but decided not to install when he got the R. I'll be installing it with my dad at his house since he has a lift. I haven't picked out seats/harnesses yet. Have you?

Are you on the NW email chain of 350 guys/gals? If not, PM me your email and I'll add you. 4 of us are running the Ridge this weekend if you want join!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
anybody order a 'base' model? I'm getting ready to place an order for mine and am kinda tired of paying for a bunch of gadgets that I don't really need / use. I'm also a big fan of cloth (versus leather)...nice to have heated / cooled seats but where I live it's pretty unnecessary (and I just got back from an 8 day road trip in utah / arizona where it was hotter than balls and had a rented minivan with cloth seats and it was just fine).
I'm thinking of a base model, add the front diff and tailgate step (and maybe the trailer bake controller) and nothing else...do some aftermarket wheels and do something aftermarket for a 360 camera. There are lots of cool features in the loaded up packages but I'm just not sure they'll be worth it to me. Thoughts / ideas?

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
anybody order a 'base' model? I'm getting ready to place an order for mine and am kinda tired of paying for a bunch of gadgets that I don't really need / use. I'm also a big fan of cloth (versus leather)...nice to have heated / cooled seats but where I live it's pretty unnecessary (and I just got back from an 8 day road trip in utah / arizona where it was hotter than balls and had a rented minivan with cloth seats and it was just fine).
I'm thinking of a base model, add the front diff and tailgate step (and maybe the trailer bake controller) and nothing else...do some aftermarket wheels and do something aftermarket for a 360 camera. There are lots of cool features in the loaded up packages but I'm just not sure they'll be worth it to me. Thoughts / ideas?
If you are going to keep it for a long time I don't see any harm in not doing the 802A package. The only raptors I see in my area sitting at the moment don't have the 802a so it may just be a harder resell as most raptor folks seem to want the 802a, etc...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I plan on keeping mine for a long time and the 802a was the only way for me to go. I didn't order any more technology than the panoramic roof tho.

I love mine.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No skin in the game for me but I would say abused is a bit strong, looks pretty clean to me minus a little dirt in the bed. KBB trade in is 50k with the mileage so price doesnt seem too far off. This dealer sold me my GT350 at sticker without an questions asked or hiccups so take that as you will. The original owner bought it from the same dealership and traded it in for the new Raptor

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
You make some good points. I guess if I were that dealer the least I'd do is bust out the pressure washer and clean the bed and undercarriage before snapping photos for the interweb. :)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
For sure that would not hurt!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
If you are going to keep it for a long time I don't see any harm in not doing the 802A package. The only raptors I see in my area sitting at the moment don't have the 802a so it may just be a harder resell as most raptor folks seem to want the 802a, etc...
think you're right about that...had a good chat with my dealer (with whom I'm very close) and he felt the same...I'll likely make it all up on re-sell if / when I sell it.
going 802a with a couple other odds and ends and thinking lead foot grey.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I plan on keeping mine for a long time and the 802a was the only way for me to go. I didn't order any more technology than the panoramic roof tho.

I love mine.
Same here, a long term keeper. If an all-new Raptor didn't exist then I'd still have my Ram truck... a pickup truck IMO is very practical for a multi-car household. I spec'd my SuperCrew with only 802a, Forged wheels, and Interior accent pkg... plus the must-for-me Avalanche Gray. A longazz wait for it but worthwhile in the end.

:love:
34964312460_3bf92182cd_c.jpg

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Same here, a long term keeper. If an all-new Raptor didn't exist then I'd still have my Ram truck... a pickup truck IMO is very practical for a multi-car household. I spec'd my SuperCrew with only 802a, Forged wheels, and Interior accent pkg... plus the must-for-me Avalanche Gray. A longazz wait for it but worthwhile in the end.

:love:
34964312460_3bf92182cd_c.jpg
sounds like how mine will be spec'd...except the AG. I think AG's probably the best color on the raptor but a) my GT350R is AG and b) it's no longer offered...it's been replaced by lead foot for '18...so I'm considering going lead foot. the 802a package has had a few small changes, most notable the inclusion of a B&O sound system in lieu of Sony.
Sponsored