Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Awesome, it came!! Looking good man! How many miles do you have on the 350?
About 600 on the 350 but I haven't driven it really in 2 weeks since I got the RS and Raptor :headbonk: Raptor is going in this week to get the wheels powdercoated Black and the RS is going in for a custom 3" Stainless exhaust so I need to get the 350 and F250 out and give them some love :cheers: Got about 400 on the RS and I've only had it 2 weeks! Raptor about 300 but it had 110 on it upon delivery because of test miles...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congrats Shocksoket!

ARS1, Got 700 miles on the raptor and going in for a oil change at 800 to 1000. Then I'll do 3,000 on my own and then from there I'll do them on the schedule.

Sponsored

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks Machsmith! How do you like your raptor so far? I just saw one for the first time this weeken and they look pretty tough.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
white raptor parked next to me at an event yesterday

....so I sent a picture to the wife of the white raptor that parked next to me...
randraptor.jpg

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
A tip for all the newbie Gen 2 owners; Raptor Pics should be covered in mud, airborne or a foot deep in snow. Save the street queen shots for the GT350.

[/QUOTE

Got a call yesterday from a friend of mine who is the GSM at an SVT dealership in Western Canada and during our conversation I asked him how many Raptors his dealership got this winter and he said that they did pretty well and got allocations for 41 Raptors with all of them spoken for in a very short while.

With the brutal winter conditions up their this time of the year I would suggest that many will look like yours!

I thought that Raptors were in short supply but based on my conversation yesterday obviously they are not as hard to come by as I had thought!

:ford:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
....so I sent a picture to the wife of the white raptor that parked next to me...
That's hysterical and kinda sad at the same time :lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks Machsmith! How do you like your raptor so far? I just saw one for the first time this weeken and they look pretty tough.
Hey man, I love the truck. There are some things that piss me off, but overall its been fun. The truck is eager to get thru all the gears in normal mode. You'll see what I'm talking about. Engine stop start is a PITA, but serves a purpose I guess. A few quirky software things I'd program different. Sometimes I think there are idiots programing this stuff.
Overall, happy with the truck. Love the lighting at night, you'll see what I mean soon enough. Its snappy when need be and tame every other time. I get 16.2 MPG so far driving it hard sometimes, but mostly tame commuting.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I welcome the auto off/on engine as I usually shift into neutral at lights to conserve anyways.

Are you having any quirks yet, Macsmith? Mine is in deploy to the dealer as we speak and I can't wait.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The auto off feature works well, you will love it then. No issues at all so far. The only thing that bothers me is when in normal mode anyway, just getting going, before engine is totally warmed up. If you gas it just a tad..I mean touch the gas, it wants to get thru 3 gears right away, even if you let up on the throttle. You'll see what I mean. In tight situations it could have a devastating effect for a few people.
In normal mode it fights to get to 10th gear as fast as possible. In other words it will run to 10th gear before it gets40 mph if your easy on the throttle. It skips gears too. It hardly ever runs second in normal mode. I am finding myself always using the paddles. Which is fun and interactive I suppose, but shouldn't be needed. I have a feeling before it's all said and done a revised tune will be made for the tranny.
Sponsored