Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I looked up his text. It was a GMC Denali Unlimited. I had seen a review; and I don't think they talked about 1 suspension upgrade or power upgrade.

But the reviewer did like the electric side rails that pop out by waving your foot under them.
The Denali Unlimited gets the 6.2L engine compared to the regular 5.3L, and it has magnetic shocks as well.
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They use that as figure for off roading and max loads on tires. If your not off roading your gonna be fine. My Tacoma is probably 1000 lbs and ive put 2.5x that number in my truck. I didn't haul balls and just drive normal on the the road. No problems ever and I do it a lot. Full loads in the box with parts that easily way over 2000 lbs. Haul my honda rancher in the back with a couple people in the truck and my ramps.

I suppose on the minute chance something breaks or blows while going down the road then, it's your fault. I think there is a better chance your dealer forgets to torque your lugs and your wheel falls off.
Ah so the off road tires that they come with are not LTs?

I tow 10-13k frequently.

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
I called a number of Ford dealers today and while most either had no clue or were asking $5K over, I found an MSRP deal - is that a good deal or do you think I should continue looking for one under MSRP?

And, I'm a member of a club which gets "X-Plan" pricing, does anyone know if Ford offers X-Plan pricing on the Raptor?

Thank you,

DM

1badazzgt350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R 2016 GT350
I called a number of Ford dealers today and while most either had no clue or were asking $5K over, I found an MSRP deal - is that a good deal or do you think I should continue looking for one under MSRP?

And, I'm a member of a club which gets "X-Plan" pricing, does anyone know if Ford offers X-Plan pricing on the Raptor?

Thank you,

DM
YES YES YES good deal. I pick mine up Tuesday. I got MSRP deal and MOST are getting OVER MSRP. NO X plan on SVT or now Ford Performance vehicles.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18

Thank you,

DM
You can't get A/Z/X plans on the Raptor. It's up to you on whether or not MSRP is a fair price, but I can say that my dealer who sells GT350's at MSRP is also selling the Raptor at MSRP and not below, so I think that's probably the best deal one could get at this point in time.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ah so the off road tires that they come with are not LTs?

I tow 10-13k frequently.
I'd get a diesel for that much weight, especially if towing often. I have no problem loading up this truck as long as I'm not offroading it at that time. I won't ever pull more than the 350 with it.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Yah MSRP is about as good as you'll get these days... My area they were all asking 10-20K or higher for a Raptor. Luckily I found a dealer with an open allocation who said they'd give me MSRP if I custom ordered and placed a deposit with the understanding of it will likely be a six month wait. That was fine by me as I would rather pick my options than just take whatever is on the lot.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 802a you get a lot of the good stuff and believe it or not it's the only way you get power retractable mirrors. It's not cheap but it's a good overall option.
Mine shows up this week sometime. I hope it's not sitting out in this ice storm on a carrier right now.:(

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
She showed today! Cleaning it out now and they'll let me wash it.
One hell of a truck. Sounds like a hybrid but I don't give one shit.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here's a good article that explains a truck's "real" towing capacity.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/1...ing-real-world-payload-towing-capacities.html

The limiting factor on 1/2 ton pickups is going to be the "carrying capacity" or how much weight can you put IN and ON the truck. Not how much it can pull. For instance, on my '13 Raptor the carrying capacity was 1050 lbs. I towed a 4500 lb. travel trailer with it (with weight dist. hitch) which will put somewhere around 400-450 lbs. of tongue weight on the truck. Put my fat ass in at 250 lbs. and now you're left with 350 lbs. of other gear and people you can put in the truck. If you're travelling with other adults that will be eaten up very quickly.
Wow, so you can carry more in a 5 series sedan than you can carry in the back of a ford raptor? I actually didnt know that and am amazed. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/m5sedan/2013/showroom/technical_data/index.html

I can carry 1050 lbs in my car and half that with a raptor? How is that possible?

I was honestly considering one of these once my lease is up this year because I do a lot of DIY projects and carry very heavy stuff (mulch, top soil, cement mix etc). I remember carrying 20 bags of top soil in my car, I guess I could never do that in the raptor.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Why do you even look at fords again, btw? Take that 5 series off road and let's see how it does....

Did you know that a KTM Dirtbike can jump higher than a Raptor?? Why even get the truck if the bike can do that????? Oh, wait, because I just compared two completely different vehicles!

Sigh.....
Sponsored