Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sorry - I should keep some questions to myself. :) I understand we all have different priorities and different amounts of money to spend. I do think the Raptor is wicked cool, especially the older V8 version. :headbang:

Right now with it being 5 degrees outside I believe the Raptor would beat the GT350, but in warm temperatures on a decent road I would take that bet.

I agree it's not meant to be fast on the road and if you wanted something for that there are cheaper and quicker AWD vehicles out there. Sorry if I was insulting I didn't mean to be. I was mostly questioning why people want one and what they use it for. I guess looking good is as good a reason to buy a vehicle as any. :cheers:
Hack, no worries.
You said it, looking good, also hauling stuff around, decent fuel economy for a pickup and it will hold its own, against many other trucks and cars for that matter. One thing we do have around here is a lot of dirt, I'll off road it.. Not crazy race offroading though.

Edit: those 0-60 times are with a crew cab in wet weather. I wouldn't doubt a sub 5 second 0-60 in a supercab. Easy to get additional power from a turbo with a tune alone. I wont do that until I get some good miles on it tho. Sounds like 4s easy with some tuning.

Last edited:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'm really interested to see what the new Bronco is going to look like when that gets revealed! I'll probably pick one of those up but have a feeling it will be on a Ranger frame which will probably be on say an Explorer frame...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm really interested to see what the new Bronco is going to look like when that gets revealed! I'll probably pick one of those up but have a feeling it will be on a Ranger frame which will probably be on say an Explorer frame...
I'm also really interested in the Bronco - assuming it's in the Escape price range. I wouldn't pay more for a 4x4 than the price of a base Mustang GT.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Oh that's very doable for sure. I'd start at $50k if it's in decent shape and haggle from there to be honest. Like I said before I just traded 2 the beginning on this year and got almost sticker on one and $2k over sticker on the other but it had very low miles on it. And that's trade in where you get raped usually. If you sell private you can do much better. They're going like hot cakes on the Raptor Forum and they're asking around $40k for '11s I know you can do better for yours :thumbsup:
Thanks for that info!!

I actually have it listed right now for 48k and based on your feedback, I am going to hold pretty fast to that number.

:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Was it Car and Driver? They tested stock supercrew getting 5.1 0-60. I bet anything the super cab gets into 4's stock. That's great with those big beef eater tires

Did the deal today.... Traded in my Tacoma I bought in 2013 for 30k. Put 53,000 miles on it and they gave me 25k for it. :) with tax title and and license I paid 42k with a 3 year service plan and clear bra. They let me keep the Tacoma until the raptor arrives, which could be beginning of feb.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
Not sure why everyone hates on the raptor. It's fun as hell. And still rides decently, at least the old one I drove.

I did the Raptor Assault out in Utah with my Boss Track Attack and honestly that's the most addicting test drive ever. A Raptor isn't a turbodeisel and it isn't going to haul a horse trailer but that's not really the purpose, if you're on road. It's more for open spaces than a dense forest, if you're off road. It's easy to point to places it wouldn't work and reasons it wouldn't work.

But if there's a truck that I can drive on road, off road, with a sick differential system, and 10 speed auto with decent mileage and hp/torque, with a comfortable interior... it's definitely on a short list.

Most anyone will tell you it's more about how a car feels when you drive it than anything else (how many of us get tinglies when you sit in the GT350?), but pissing on a truck without test driving it for the same effect seems pretty myopic.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Not sure why everyone hates on the raptor. It's fun as hell. And still rides decently, at least the old one I drove.

I did the Raptor Assault out in Utah with my Boss Track Attack and honestly that's the most addicting test drive ever. A Raptor isn't a turbodeisel and it isn't going to haul a horse trailer but that's not really the purpose, if you're on road. It's more for open spaces than a dense forest, if you're off road. It's easy to point to places it wouldn't work and reasons it wouldn't work.

But if there's a truck that I can drive on road, off road, with a sick differential system, and 10 speed auto with decent mileage and hp/torque, with a comfortable interior... it's definitely on a short list.

Most anyone will tell you it's more about how a car feels when you drive it than anything else (how many of us get tinglies when you sit in the GT350?), but pissing on a truck without test driving it for the same effect seems pretty myopic.
I've personally owned 3 6.2's and still have 1 now. I'm going to test drive one and go in with an open mind about it, but the truck is going to have to prove me wrong. I know it has more HP & TQ yadda yadda but for me it's going to be the exhaust note that makes or breaks the deal :paddle: It's the point that a 6 banger has no business being in a truck such as a Raptor. I hate Ram trucks but come on the Rebel TRX has a 575hp 6.2L Supercharged motor in it! Now that's a Raptor worthy engine and Ford is going to loose a lot of fanboys to that truck...

http://www.ramtrucks.com/limited-editions/2017/trx/index.html

Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
You're the reason they pump fake noise into the cabin. I don't mean it to sound rude - but we all universally hate it. "I can't do without a v8 noise," is exactly that...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have been considering a raptor. I don't base my choice on exhaust note. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a V8, but the ecoboost 3.5 in the raptor is bad ass.

My 2016 2.7L ecoboost F150 does 5.2 0-60 and 1/4 in 13.7 bone stock. That's with just 325hp 375tq. I'd love it if ford would put the same raptor engine and trans in a regular cab short bed F150. I'd be a buyer right now. Bring back the lightning. I miss mine.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You're the reason they pump fake noise into the cabin. I don't mean it to sound rude - but we all universally hate it. "I can't do without a v8 noise," is exactly that...
I'm more than fine without the v8 sound. I'm tired of all the trucks that try to SOUND like they mean business. Reminds me of my dog. She barks her ass off at people that come by but as soon as they come up to her she rolls over into the submissive position. Short story, you can have a bad ass sounding truck without it being so. The gen 2 raptor IS BA

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
I've personally owned 3 6.2's and still have 1 now. I'm going to test drive one and go in with an open mind about it, but the truck is going to have to prove me wrong. I know it has more HP & TQ yadda yadda but for me it's going to be the exhaust note that makes or breaks the deal :paddle: It's the point that a 6 banger has no business being in a truck such as a Raptor. I hate Ram trucks but come on the Rebel TRX has a 575hp 6.2L Supercharged motor in it! Now that's a Raptor worthy engine and Ford is going to loose a lot of fanboys to that truck...

http://www.ramtrucks.com/limited-editions/2017/trx/index.html
It's a concept dude. I highly doubt that engine or suspension will ever show up in a production Dodge truck.